“Great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JHT Hotel

You added JHT Hotel to your Saves list
JHT Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   S-21, Greater Kailash-1, New Delhi 110048, India (Greater Kailash I)   |
Ranked #137 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the JHT Hotel for two months while visiting Delhi. The owner welcomed me on my very first day with the words "welcome to your home". The staff was very helpful and I enjoyed my Indian breakfast every morning. I had the hotel driver take me to work every day and he was very careful and always greeted me with a smile. The hotel rooms are decorated beautifully with a simple aesthetic and the air-con was very consistent. Great range of television programs and the laundry service was prompt (2 days). The water in Delhi is extremely hard, so all the fabrics tend to grey and wear out more quickly (i.e., towels), but that is standard. The washrooms were very clean.

At this price range, you can't beat the value. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
amitkhanna2, General Manager at JHT Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012

How are you
Thank you for your supports.
Amit Khanna.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have visited Delhi early last month. I have been advised by my friend for JHT. Initially I was bit worried to stay in this hotel. At the end I was so pleased on my decision. I stayed there for 3 nights. Food was excellent, hospitality good, staff was very helpful especially their management came across very professional. I visited India often on business and normally go to Mumbai and stay in one of the five star hotels because it’s all paid by my company. This time I went on my personal trip with family and wanted to save some money and I found JHT a good choice. One thing which is important to share, we wanted to visit Agra for a day trip and I only asked the management for their advice, they were kind enough to arrange the whole trip to Agra for us. Overall I had an incredible experience. This is a very good budget hotel and I strongly recommend to you all to stay at this hotel on your next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

How are you.

Thank you for your support.
Amit Khanna.
G.M.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days my worst experience is with the laundry service. They dont returned the clothes after 2 days. I have to wear the same clothes for consecutive days.i have to contact the gm of the hotel by using my influences to get back my clothes. It is not the way to run a star hotel. The room service and the food served were good but I never recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2012

How are you.
Due to heavy rush therefore its our fault.

Thank you.

G.M.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have recommend this property to my friend and he was so happy with Hospitality...Good Hospitality with cheapest rate. Food was awesome and its worth of money..Good quality hotel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
amitkhanna2, General Manager at JHT Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your support.

Parsippany, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed for two night at this hotel. It was pathetic. Hotel look great from out side and the lobby but once I entered room and used them I realized what hit me. Bathrooms had no amenities, just one small soap to be used for all your needs. Shampoo is far fetched. Towels were dirty and worn out . Only one skimpy hand towel. Tea/Coffee maker in room there but not working. Side lamp bulb fused ooof. When I called front desk they were talking as if this so normal. They could not replace tea coffee maker and towels for that matter. Staff had attitude as big as globe. Worst is if you ask for something they giggle. I felt so stupid talking to them. Breakfast worst I have ever had. I think they cook a day in advance or serve left overs to guests. Beds had some bugs, I could not sleep and kept scratchnig myself all night long. Wake up call forget it . They dont take it after asking them they accepted to take my request and missed it as the person on front desk dozed off - as i was told. Just stay away from the JHT hotel. No go no stay - they should stop this place. Sorry I might sound very harsh but nothing went right at this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
amitkhanna2, General Manager at JHT Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback.
we will sure take action against your feedback.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 days, and while staying here I decided to keep a list of all the things that contributed to my extreme dislike and lack of respect for this so called '4 star hotel'. I have never written such negative feedback about anywhere I have stayed before, but if anything in this hotel is ever going to improve, then the experience we had here needs to be shared on a public forum so they know if they don't do anything about it, their business will be affected.

No tandoori, no naan bread everytime we tried to order it. No tandoori and no naan bread - in a 4 star hotel in Delhi. The entire time. No explanation or apologies.

On the first day, it took 3 times of going downstairs to get an order of 'scrambled eggs on toast' correct.
First time the eggs were stone cold and inedible so we sent it back, second time they brought a bowl of scrambled eggs with a spoon and no toast, and on the third time they came up with 2 pieces of toast when we asked for 4.

A whole day with no hot water, we're told 'wait 5 or 6 minutes and it will come on' waited 10 minutes, and was barely warm. 6 hrs later, same thing. No hot water in a hotel they charge 5000R a night for, is completely unacceptable.
*this happened for 3 days, we'd have to call reception to ask for the water to come on. Sometimes it didn't come on at all.

Took over an hour (and 2 phone calls to reception) for a simple order of toast and butter, to come to our room on the 4th morning.

4 nights in a row ordered chicken tikka - not available. Change the menus if you can't serve what is on there? Simple.

The staff spoke little to no English, and even the most basic request seemed to confuse them. Everytime we called reception to ask for something, it was useless. Even when we went downstairs to explain in person what we wanted through room service, after being inconvenienced over and over again and getting visibly frustrated, the staff still didnt apologise for a thing, despite the fact they could tell we were unhappy. We ended up giving up. The food wasn't impressive, I'd suggest eating at one of the MANY better restaurants/caves across the road in M-block market. A few positives - Location of the hotel was great, bedding was comfortable, and the daily housecleaning was efficient.

I have stayed in hotels in many different countries all over Asia, and this is by far the worst service I have ever received. The owner/director of the hotel was lovely, his name was Aloo. I had to go to the hospital, and he helped organise transport and book the appointment for me. He was always polite whenever he was in the foyer, and spoke very good English. We complained to him about the water issue, and he had it amended within minutes. We never had to ask again. His customer service was fantastic, it's just a shame that none of his staff were as nice as he was, and that their customer service was only good when he was around. They were completely difference in his absence.

Stayed March 2012
amitkhanna2, General Manager at JHT Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback,we will sure take action for all these.

Amit Khanna,
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Was booked by a local friend into the JHT and arrived very late at night. The desk staff showed us to our room (the only one available and the smallest one too) which immediately raised my concern since there was a puddle on the bathroom floor from a leaking toilet. After wiping it with the bath towel, the dirt and grime from the floor along with someone's long black hairs came up. Yuck! The manager said he'd change our room at 10 AM since the hotel was full but that never happened. Nor did the leak get fixed. We finally were moved on the third night after much haggling only to find the aircon making a terrible noise that was impossible to sleep thru. The staff was really unable to understand the problem with their limited English and said they'd come back after checking something which they never did. Never did get the aircon fixed and thus suffered thru the nights without cooling (windows don't open) and without any way to block out the noise from the loud guests walking to and from their rooms in the hallways.
The cleanliness was terrible in both rooms as there was more black hair in room number 2 and what appeared to be a smooshed piece of chocolate on the floor next to the nightstand.
Every time I needed to interact with the desk staff, they couldn't understand what I needed and appeared stand-off-ish at best. It was so frustrating because I wanted to change hotels but a local friend had kindly booked us in there saying that it was a "nice boutique" hotel. Which it is NOT.
Aside from being near M Block market, I cannot see an upside to this hotel. It's not even in walking distance to the Metro.

Room Tip: Definitely not any of the rooms like 203, 303 etc since it's at the landing of each stairwell an...