“The Nanee sub is a cheese toastie...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Nanee Suites

You added The Nanee Suites to your Saves list
The Nanee Suites
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Plot No. 49, Pocket - I | Road No. 13B, Jasola Vihar, New Delhi 110025, India   |
Ranked #144 of 918 New Delhi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The Nanee sub is a cheese toastie...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in March 2012, first time ever visiting India and I was really happy with my stay at this hotel.
Firstly - I had a room at the front of the hotel and yes there was noise from the busy road all day and night but it never became an issue for me and never kept me awake at night. I found myself standing at the window so many times, watching the world go by... the noise, the trucks, the cars, people, tuk tuks, bikes, motorbikes, rickshaws all add to the experience...

The rooms were clean, big, comfy and relaxing. Staff were friendly and helpful. The taxi situation did get a bit annoying, but it wasn't too bad, you can barter with the cab men and we ended up paying 100 rupee to go 10 mins away and 600 rupee on another evening for four hours.

Lastly, the food - one evening my friend ordered a Nanee sub, two types of cheese, salad and toast, along with chips! So it arrived, and once I checked it out, I decided i wanted one but without the salad (no salad eating in India) so i put my order in 'Can I have the nanee sub with no salad?' Two mins later, someone was at the door to ask 'What do you want?' 'A Nanee sub without salad' Confusion sets in, 'So you just want cheese and toast' 'Yes please with chips' he laughed and left, 20 mins later I was eating a very nice non-spicey toasted sandwich with chips :) Followed by tea and toast for breakfast! Quality!

Have never written a travel review before but I think this hotel was worth writing a review about.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
thenaneesuites, Director of Sales at The Nanee Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thanks for grading us so well. Sorry for responding late. Guests like you encourage us so much that we are constantly trying to raise the bar higher. Hope to welcome you soon.
Regards,
J K Lohani

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Let me start by saying this hotel is both very well priced and very well designed.

PROS: The rooms were very stylish and the beds were both huge and comfortable. There were some issues with the TV sets, which didn't always want to work, but on the whole the rooms were great.
The restaurant had some very nice options. It is unfortunately a vegetarian restaurant, but the food was good nonetheless with a nice variety of dishes.

CONS: The location is in South Delhi and getting to the centre requires either a 20 min taxi ride or a journey on the Metro. This isn't too much of an issue and the saving in price makes up for this. The main problem with the location is the noisy road in front of the hotel. We requested rooms away from the noise but it was still quite loud with truck horns blaring through the night.
The business centre is not really a business centre. Instead they let you use on of their own computers in the basement.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I didn't want to stay in large chain hotels or in the crowded noisy part of Delhi so I search Tripadvisor for something different and came up with the Nanee Suites. It is everything and more than its website shows. My room was huge, very modern, hi tech and quiet. The staff was more than accommodating and were charming even though my arrival was close to 3AM. They made sure I was settled in and even asked if I wanted something to eat. I didn't but I did have dinner there two of nights. The food was excellent and the menu covered every type of taste. Wifi was free and in your room, the bath was designed to look Japanese - very attractive with lots of amenities. I stayed for four days and loved it.

Room Tip: I had a top floor front room and never heard a sound.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my extended family and had 3 rooms at one point. We used Nanee suites as a base for travelling around India from Delhi, we visited the hotel 3 times within 4 weeks. The reception staff are very accommodating and will do their best to meet your needs. Rooms are quite chic, and double beds are huge...great for our 1 year baby to play on! Hot water is always there and there are no power cuts, plus the rate agreed is what you pay. These requirements made Nanee suites a comfortable place to stay. The surroundings in Jasola are bleak, but there is a small mall nearby for cheap food including Dominos pizzas.

A couple of negative points would be that dishes on the menu in their restaurant are not always available. Also that certain hotel staff were trying too hard for a tip ie. hanging around our bedroom for ages. I realise this is very prevalent in India but very unattractive at a boutique hotel. Request fan heaters during winter months, also have a room away from the front if you are a light sleeper to avoid traffic noise.

Room Tip: Avoid front rooms due to traffic noise if you are a light sleeper, but they are the largest rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Was here to celebrate the birthday of my nephew. The staff was very polite and courteous. Food was yummy. It was a party for children so the menu suited kids. The pizza in the menu was not very good though. But overall a very good experience. Keep it up!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Rooms are modern and with a nice design. Quality of the interiors is also good BUT:
I was requested to pay IN ADVANCE without Beeing informed at the chek in.
We requests for a meter taxy and the extremely rude guy at the reception informed us ( only at the moment of the taxy arrival) that it would cost 600 rupees ( for the half day) even if we need for a 10 minutes transfer. (150 rupees)
After our refusal he said to have a CONTRACT with the taxi company.
He refused to call another cab. We had to do it. The hotel is in front of an increadibly busy especially at night kind of highway. Thousands of Trucks passing in front of the hotel and keep using theyr powerful horns.
A parcel for me arrived while I was tere and nobody informed me so when I realized I had to ask them to send it by courier.
Don't be there

• Stayed December 2011
naneesuites05032011, Guest Relations Manager at The Nanee Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
A very important guest for us.
Booked for 02 day stay, but stayed for 03 days.
The Taxi fiasco was unintended, and regret the same. Will definitely improve and rectify it.
We took pains to send the parcel by Express delivery.
We honour your comments. They are there to improve us further.
Thank You.
Thun, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We've found the Nanee Suites to be a nice little hotel on the outskirts of Delhi. Prices are fair, service is good, rooms are clean and tidy. Bathrooms are very nice, all fully working, including air conditioning.

Breakfast is served from 7-10, good food, all freshly made.

Concierce is present 24/7, speaks fluent English.

Location is ok, if not very central. By car it takes about 20mins to the city centre and about 30 mins to the airport (Indira Gandhi International Airport).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Nanee Suites? Share your experiences!