“Very friendly and helpful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sunstar Heights

You added Hotel Sunstar Heights to your Saves list
Hotel Sunstar Heights
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8A/41, W.E.A., Channa Market | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #544 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Melbourne, Australia
“Very friendly and helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The service was excellent, very friendly and helpful. I had to change Hotels at the last minute, someone local recommended Sunstar Heights, and I’m glad they did, it was an oasis! Sammy the manager was very helpful and friendly, there was no request too difficult to handle. Delhi was the last stop of my travels of India, and I had developed a sore throat from fatigue, the staff were more than helpful in sourcing a Doctor for me, and making sure I was comfortable and getting well enough for my long trip back to Melbourne, Australia. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was lovely and modern. The Aircon and facilities worked perfectly. The food was good and promptly served. It was great value for money. I had an extremely enjoyable experience at Sunstar Heights, it was the perfect place to relax after a hectic travel schedule around India. I would highly recommend Sunstar Heights to everyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

well this is a good hotel and would recommend it to anyone for the money you pay, the staff was very good and they were also tended to the call, especially Sammy at the reception whom I know for so many years goes all out to help every guest his ever smiling face never says the word "no" to any guest, Sunstar is lucky to have such staff like him.

Room Tip: Walking distance from the metro and in of of the safe areas in Delhi less noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Sunstar Heights, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Greetings from Hotel Sunstar Heights!!
We are thankful to you for writing a review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. You loved the luxury of our hotel but found the rates very reasonable.
Our entire team is very thankful to you for your reviews. But u have given only 3 star. it is not fair
Regards,
Hotel Management. ASHOK TANEJA +91 9810104774
www.sunstarhospitality.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked this hotel because I was going to join a trip through "Intrepid Travel", and the joining point was in this hotel. My main complaints are:
1) Service 1 - right after I booked the hotel, they send me an email asking me if I wanted to get an airport transfer. It was a little bit more expensive, but as I was traveling alone, I just thought that it would be nice to have a transfer without worries. The problem is that when I arrived in Delhi, I didn't find the driver. I looked everywhere and nobody was there holding a plate with my name. I called the hotel and they asked me to call the driver. I'm sorry, but this should be the hotel's responsibility. After lot of calls and waiting, I told the hotel that I was going to take the cab. They asked me to wait, at the end I waited more than two hours, I was tired, just came from Nepal, and it was really hot.
2) Service 2 - as I like to forgive, I decided to take another suggestion from the hotel. They introduced me to a driver who would take me to see the new delhi. My trip with Intrepid would take me only to old Delhi. I accepted. However, as soon as I got in the car, the driver was saying, oh, this monument is closed, that monument will close at 5 etc. But I would insist and say, no, take me to the monument. When I got to the monument, I learned that they were closing only at 7, or 9. And all the driver wanted was to take me to the market. In the middle of the trip, I just said, take me back to the hotel. And the hotel forced me to pay the full amount!
3) Smell - they put naphthalene in the bathrooms. That, of course, keeps insects away, but it also gives the room the strong smell of naphthalene.
4) Noise - it was 45 degrees outside, AC was a must. However, the AC was really really noisy.
5) Dirt - glasses and bedding are not the cleanest I've seen. I would wash the glasses before using. If it's winter and you need a duvet, just take a look before using it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Sunstar Heights, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Greetings from hotel sunstar heights.I sincerely apologise for inconvenience u had to face in our hotel.We beleive that guest is always right. We have never treid to reason or argue with any of our guest. But if u allow me i want to tell u my side of facts. We r greatful to u that u spared so much of your valuable time to bring to my notice the above mentioned complaints.
First of all your complaint is regarding 2 hours waiting at airport. I have enquired from my own staff. I came to know that our car was sent in time but it broke down due to some minor fault. The driver informed the reception late as he thought he could get it fixed. When he did not get any mechanic he informed after that. My staff in a hurry arranged a taxi & gave him a fresh banner. It took a lot of time. that was the reason due to which the taxi was late.
Your next complaint is regarding the driver who took u for sight seeing. u came back in middle of the sightseeing . But u were charged the full amount. I am very sorry for the same. I enquired from my staff , who said that you did not make any complaint to the receptionist regarding the driver. i am ready to refund you the full amount you paid.
your next complaint is regarding the smell of napthalene . I am very sorry for the same. we put room freshner stick namely "odonil" which is available in different fragrances. might be you did not like the particular fragrance. Now we have instructed our staff not to use that fragrance.
Your next complaint is about the noisy A.C. ,you have not mentioned the room no. ,neither your name, date of check-in. But still we got our all A.C's checked thoroughly by the mechanic.

Besides, you have complaints about the glass and bedding. If , customer informs the reception about any dust or stains, our staff immediately changes the linen. There were many other guest, who stayed in our hotel through Intrepid , but none of them made any such complaint. We have feed back forms of quite a few guest, who liked the hotel very much.

you have complained about the duet . Actually, duet is used only in winters, it has a cover, which is washed after every use. In summers we pack it and keep it in the wardrobe.

We are again very sorry for all the inconveniences. We are ready to refund the airport pick-up charges and the sight seeing charges. Please inform us the amount you have paid, along with your bank details on our e-mail.
Australind, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

its the one of the best hotel in delhi,all the satffs are good from top to end.

. Hotel was very good reception behavior is grate, clean rooms and very helpful staff.this is the finast business hotel in delhi, i am interested with the curtusy and behaviour of the staff members and the employes, they are very friendly and cooperative. i love to stay here again.its located around 15 km from airport its not along distance, wireless option is one of the advantage. its cam and quite, its look like a five star hotel.

Room Tip: very good hotel in delhi
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Sunstar Heights, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Greetings from Hotel Sunstar Heights.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
You found the room was clean & comfortable. You have praised the room to be modern with good facilities. The hotel location is very near to Metro station and convenient to market.
You liked the 24 hours room service, 24 hours full power back-up & free WI-FI in the room. You were happy with regular hot water in the bathroom
We are thankful to u for your reviews. We like people like you, who tell us our good & weak points & this helps us to improve accordingly.
We will also pass your courage to our staff and concerned persons it necessary for them as become good morality
It is our responsibility to deliver good service. We will try our best to improve & maintain the good standard .Thanks once again for referring us as EXCELLENT STAY AT SUNSTAR HEIGHTS.
Thanks for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
Thanks once again
Regards
Hotel management. Ashok Taneja +91 9810104774
New Forest UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was travelling alone for almost 6 weeks in India and Nepal. No mean feat for an aging 46 year old female! I had travelled a lot around the USA and Europe, both as a student (many moons ago) alone, and with my children when married.

India had me beat for a while. The culture shock just cant be put into words.

After being in pure backpackers territory for almost a week, when I reached this hotel I wished I could stay there longer than one night! I will be back!

What can I say - immaculate rooms, good service, good metro connections. My first choice next time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Greetings from Hotel Sunstar Heights.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are regretting for any type inconvenience during stay with us. We will try our best in future as improve to inaccuracy.
Thanks for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
Thanks once again
Regards
Hotel management. Ashok Taneja +91 9810104774
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The drinking glasses were nicely wrapped, however it was disgusting to see how dirty they were, with lipstick marks on it. The floor was a dusty in certain parts, another sign of poor cleaning. The AC was so noisy that I turned it off at some point, and slept only with the fan. The day I checked in, after half an hour someone simply opened the door with a service key, without even knocking.
Aparently NONE of these are rare in India, just read other reviews, and prepare your mind if you book a hotel rated as average or poor. Well, lower your expectations in any case.
Towels and sheets were clean though, so I decided to bear with my stay here, just for one night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greetings from Hotel Sunstar Heights!!!!!!!
We are very thankfull for your reviews, which are a eyeopener for us and it helps us to improve our service.
your first complaint is regarding the dirty glass. Thanks for letting us know such a complaint, we have shown your compalint to all our housekeeping staff and warned them that they should take proper care about cleanliness. Though the staff usually wipe all the glasses and they also clean the looking glass and take special care about all the furniture and utensils( glass /cups/ kettle) kept in the room. We are very sorry for the same. we admit that it was a mistake of housekeeping staff.
your second complaint is about the dusty floor in certain parts. Here i would like to mention that we have wooden flooring in all the rooms and they are cleaned regularly, still you found dust in some corners, we have instructed our hosusekeeping staff to take special care for the spcific corners.
next complaint regardng the A.C. you have not mentioned the room no. but still we have got all the A.C.'s checked by the mechanic.
next complaint regarding someone opening your room door with service key without knocking,
it was the mistake of our staff who was sent with the service key to show a room to a new customer , he misunderstood the room number and opened your room with the service key.
Normally, the staff do not knock on the vacant rooms, so he was going to show a vacant room as per his knowledge that is why he didnt knock your room door.
We are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced.and your reviews have given us lot of awareness about the cleanliness. This will help us to improve our services and satisfy our customers.
We will definitely give you better service on your next visit.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I booked a reservation and had to cancel one of my days which I did within the 48 hour window. Once on property, they tried to tell me it was a 3 day window due to the season. I read them their policy and they reluctantly agreed. Once I got home, I discovered they still charged me for both days and now I am fighting them. They now say that I booked though a different service and it was a 3 day. I copied their policy back and no reply. Unfortunate they take advantage of customers in this way.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Hotel sunstar Heights!!!!!!!!
I have read your complaint. Please send me the following details.
your name
your date and time of check-in and check-out.
the name of the online agent/travel agent through whom you booked.
the date of booking
the date of cancellation of one night
the amount charged in your credit card.
copy of the policy which you are mentioning.

kindly send us the details as soon as possible, so that we can do the needful.

Been to Hotel Sunstar Heights? Share your experiences!