“The Absolute Best !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Amaltas

You added Mantra Amaltas to your Saves list
Mantra Amaltas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Friends Colony ( West) | Mathura Road, New Delhi 110065, India   |
Ranked #96 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
CT, USA
“The Absolute Best !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in India for a month (Sept-Oct. 2012) and the Mantra Amaltas was the first hotel my group stayed in. After that, no other hotel could measure up to the outstanding service, accommodations, delightful staff and the most superior General Manager ! We left the Mantra Amaltas several times to go to other places....always returning to what felt and became our "home' away from home. It was a joy to go eat meals there being waited on by the most courteous staff who tried to anticipate our needs. Room service was punctual, house keeping great, the front desk staff warm,welcoming and inviting, and the man who drives the hotel's taxi was delightful. Above all, this hotel is run by the BEST General Manager a hotel could have. If I go back to India, the Mantra Amaltas will definitely be a place I want to stay at again.
Leslie from CT, USA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed for one night. Was going to stay for two more nights after our Jaipur trip. Hotel wouldn't take booking in person. Was told to email to book a room. Email was not responded to for two days, so we ended up staying at another hotel. Hotel can be hard to find for out of Towner taxi drivers. Shower didn't have a partition or a lip to keep water in one place. As a result, water was all over the washroom floor. Staff was very good at the front desk and restaurant.

Room Tip: Get a room with shower partition or enjoy your flooded washroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was amazing from the first moment we arrived. We recently got engaged and the hotel did everything possible to make our stay special and memorable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the beds were fantastic. All in all we enjoyed our stay immensely. The small number of rooms is what makes this hotel unique and as such you are treated like a person and not just a client. The hotel was a perfect way to end our stay in Delhi. :-)

Although my review is favourable I do need to mention two matters that did impact on our stay.

The first matter concerns directions to the hotel. This hotel can be very difficult to find, even with the map provided by the hotel. My advice be sure to get clear instructions before you arrive as you could end up driving around for a long time trying to find it.

My second gripe concerns use of the hotel recommended driver and car service. On the advice of management I was persuaded to use one of the hotel appointed (and I assumed trusted) drivers as they were safe. I explained to reception beforehand cearly where we wanted to go (Dilli Haat outdoor market) who then instructed the driver to take us there. Without knowing the area as we were tourists our driver took us to Delhi Haat (a few shops aimed specifically at tourists with inflated prices). When we were dropped off I questioned the location but our driver assured me it was correct. When we returned to the hotel however I mentioned to reception where we were dropped and they advised we were taken to the wrong place! I was furious and after complaining to hotel management they advised they would investigate further. The matter was left until the day we were departing. Upon checkout the hotel although apologetic refused to refund me for any costs even though I was using their appointed driver. The manager advised that any refund would come out of his wages and not the hotel. I felt this was unfair and unfortunately tarnished what would have been an impeccable stay. :-(

The issues we experienced above should not stop you staying at this hotel for it really was very nice and highly recommended. My suggestions are to assist others so they don't experience what we did.

• Stayed November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed in this boutique hotel for our last night in India. The hotel is located in a upscale residential area and security was good during our stay. Highly accessible by tuk tuk or taxis. Rooms were modern and furnished nicely. Reception staff were friendly and helpful in dispensing advice and suggestions for travellers. Overall a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel for businessmen and tourists alike in New Delhi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Absolutely Fabulous! I travel quite a bit and have stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms. This small family boutique hotel is clean, quiet (for Delhi) and extremely comfortable with great beds, nice décor large rooms w/ AC, good desks and strong WiFi. The staff are very polite and attentive, and the roof garden is exquisite for breakfasts and late night drinks. Good size pool for lap swimming as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is well located in south Delhi within an upscale colony. As others have stated, rooms facing the main road are prone to street noise, so would recommend rooms away from the street. My room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. There is no gym facility, but running in the neighborhood is nice. Breakfast is on par with the many other places I have stayed in the city. Service is courteous, and there is a wonderful patio seating area to relax or have a drink. Wifi is good at no extra charge. My bill, though, was a maze of 9 line items just for the daily room charge -- taxes, plan package, etc. I guess it makes the charges very transparent anyway, if a bit overwhelming. Would especially recommend for visitors, but it is homey comfort for business persons as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

At the end of our India trip we stayed in this wonderful Boutique Hotel.The Hotel is located in a very quiet location in New Delhi. The rooms are very clean and contemporary.
The moment we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly reception Staff. There is a beautiful Roof top restaurant which is decorated with fresh flowers and the atmosphere is most inviting.
we missed our flight home and had to return to the hotel for one more night. I would like to extend a special thank you to the two managers Brashant and Raihan for helping us book another flight the next day. They made our stay in India unforgettable. Anyone traveling to Delhi I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a top floor so you have a view of the trees .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mantra Amaltas? Share your experiences!