“A 5 star hotel with all the trimmings!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Amaltas

Save Saved
You added Mantra Amaltas to your Saves list
Mantra Amaltas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Friends Colony ( West) | Mathura Road, New Delhi 110065, India   |
Ranked #44 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
Sydney, Australia
“A 5 star hotel with all the trimmings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was amazing from the first moment we arrived. We recently got engaged and the hotel did everything possible to make our stay special and memorable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the beds were fantastic. All in all we enjoyed our stay immensely. The small number of rooms is what makes this hotel unique and as such you are treated like a person and not just a client. The hotel was a perfect way to end our stay in Delhi. :-)

Although my review is favourable I do need to mention two matters that did impact on our stay.

The first matter concerns directions to the hotel. This hotel can be very difficult to find, even with the map provided by the hotel. My advice be sure to get clear instructions before you arrive as you could end up driving around for a long time trying to find it.

My second gripe concerns use of the hotel recommended driver and car service. On the advice of management I was persuaded to use one of the hotel appointed (and I assumed trusted) drivers as they were safe. I explained to reception beforehand cearly where we wanted to go (Dilli Haat outdoor market) who then instructed the driver to take us there. Without knowing the area as we were tourists our driver took us to Delhi Haat (a few shops aimed specifically at tourists with inflated prices). When we were dropped off I questioned the location but our driver assured me it was correct. When we returned to the hotel however I mentioned to reception where we were dropped and they advised we were taken to the wrong place! I was furious and after complaining to hotel management they advised they would investigate further. The matter was left until the day we were departing. Upon checkout the hotel although apologetic refused to refund me for any costs even though I was using their appointed driver. The manager advised that any refund would come out of his wages and not the hotel. I felt this was unfair and unfortunately tarnished what would have been an impeccable stay. :-(

The issues we experienced above should not stop you staying at this hotel for it really was very nice and highly recommended. My suggestions are to assist others so they don't experience what we did.

• Stayed November 2012

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed in this boutique hotel for our last night in India. The hotel is located in a upscale residential area and security was good during our stay. Highly accessible by tuk tuk or taxis. Rooms were modern and furnished nicely. Reception staff were friendly and helpful in dispensing advice and suggestions for travellers. Overall a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel for businessmen and tourists alike in New Delhi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Absolutely Fabulous! I travel quite a bit and have stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms. This small family boutique hotel is clean, quiet (for Delhi) and extremely comfortable with great beds, nice décor large rooms w/ AC, good desks and strong WiFi. The staff are very polite and attentive, and the roof garden is exquisite for breakfasts and late night drinks. Good size pool for lap swimming as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is well located in south Delhi within an upscale colony. As others have stated, rooms facing the main road are prone to street noise, so would recommend rooms away from the street. My room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. There is no gym facility, but running in the neighborhood is nice. Breakfast is on par with the many other places I have stayed in the city. Service is courteous, and there is a wonderful patio seating area to relax or have a drink. Wifi is good at no extra charge. My bill, though, was a maze of 9 line items just for the daily room charge -- taxes, plan package, etc. I guess it makes the charges very transparent anyway, if a bit overwhelming. Would especially recommend for visitors, but it is homey comfort for business persons as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

At the end of our India trip we stayed in this wonderful Boutique Hotel.The Hotel is located in a very quiet location in New Delhi. The rooms are very clean and contemporary.
The moment we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly reception Staff. There is a beautiful Roof top restaurant which is decorated with fresh flowers and the atmosphere is most inviting.
we missed our flight home and had to return to the hotel for one more night. I would like to extend a special thank you to the two managers Brashant and Raihan for helping us book another flight the next day. They made our stay in India unforgettable. Anyone traveling to Delhi I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a top floor so you have a view of the trees .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I want to like Mantra Amaltas, I really do. I selected it specifically because I wanted to give my boyfriend, on his first trip to India, a more homey, more authentically Indian experience than we'd get in a generic Western hotel. On my first trip to Delhi, I'd stayed at Thikana Delhi (which I'd wholeheartedly recommend!), and the personal service and attention was so helpful to me in getting my bearings. That was of particular importance to me, because I was going to be working for part of the time, leaving him on his own.

The room was indeed comfortable, and the staff was welcoming and, well, well-meaning. But their follow-through was pretty uneven. For example, the restaurant, billed as being open until 11, was shuttered one night at 10 when I returned from work (and there aren't a lot of other close-by dining options; we made do with crackers). Given the location in a residential neighbourhood, we were reliant on them to arrange transportation, and it was often unclear if they actually had scheduled a car or taxi. Everything would have to be confirmed, double confirmed, and confirmed again. This was particularly problemmatic when working, as I needed to get to business meetings on time. They also weren't helpful in explaining to the drivers where we needed to go -- I'd explain it to the front desk, only to find myself, mid-trip, trying to communicate my schedule to a non-English-speaking driver. Turning to non-hotel drivers was tricky, as the place is hard to find.

Look, I travel a lot, and I recognise that Delhi is a difficult city to navigate, with no central area to stay in. And perhaps this hotel would have worked better for a purely holiday traveler. While it advertises as a budget hotel, Mantra Amaltas' room rate is comparable to other business hotels, and the service, well-intented as it was, didn't live up to that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This small hotel close to New Friends Colony market is great if you would like to stay somewhere with a personal touch and great service. Rooms are large and comfortable. Enjoyed have a beer on the rooftop terrace in the evening. Reccommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mantra Amaltas? Share your experiences!