“One of the best stay I had” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini

You added Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Twin District Centre, Sector 10, Rohini, New Delhi 110085, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the best stay I had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travelled India after 8.5 yrs and stayed in this hotel for 2 nights initially, it is very nice and than decided to stay bit further 6 days. Initially impression was great and the later wasn't disappointed either.
Its been now 2 months and I couldn't help myself for not writing the review 'cause the staff deserve for their excellence.

Big shout to Executive chef "Aditiya" who's customer service and eye for detail made my food experience rememberable one not to mention all the staff in the restaurant, thank you very much for your service and Looking forward to come back and meet them all.

I have some issues with the other guests and it was taken care by duty Manager "Mayank" kudos to him for his professional approach.

Rest the reception staff was nice BUT need to engaged with the customer more rather than just taking details.

Rooms were nice and big thanks to house keeping department. Please pass my regards to them.
Overall experience was nice but had a little bad experience.
Would love to come back and stay there for my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, May 14, 2013

Greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments online. We are pleased to know that you liked the classy rooms and the food and service in our restaurants. It is our constant endeavor to ensure that all the guest needs are met and we are happy to know that your needs were taken care of. Your motivating comments have been passed to the team members.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you again.

Ranjan Banerjee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Be warned ... this is a long review ... but only because I have so many good things to say about the staff and the hotel. Overall this was possibly the best hotel experience we've had, anywhere in the world.

I want to start this review by saying "Many Many Thanks!" to the management and staff of the Crowne Plaza Rohini for making our first trip to India as good as it could be. My wife and I stayed from 21-Apr to 03-May (2013). We were traveling from the West coast of the U.S. I had business in Pitampura, so this was a combined business and sightseeing trip. From the moment we arrived at the hotel (in the middle of the night) we were treated with the best care and accommodation. For example:
- Having forgotten the power supply for my laptop at home, front desk staff and IT located one of the right type for me, and loaned it to me for the entire duration of our stay.
- After breakfast at the Mosaic restaurant the first morning, Sanjay (the hotel Banquet Manager) met us and asked us how we enjoyed the food, and personally saw to it that the coffee was to our liking the next day.
So before going on I'd like to complement and thank everyone for their care and attention to our needs, comfort, and enjoyment of our stay. I will certainly be leaving some names out (some of which I never learned), and I apologize in advance for that, as every single staff member we dealt with went above and beyond in our opinions. That said ... here are a few personal thank you's:
- Sanjay (as mentioned above), and also for showing us around the banquet halls for the beautiful wedding setups, and for taking an active interest in our sightseeing experiences.
- Executive Chef Aditya, for the excellence of ALL of our dining experiences while there, and for helping us celebrate our upcoming 30th wedding anniversary in delicious style. In particular the food at the Spice Art restaurant (for example, the fish curry) was hands-down the best Indian cuisine we've had.
- Ajay, and Manish, at the Conexions lounge, for making many evenings relaxing, enjoyable, and filled with interesting conversation, good drinks, and delicious small plates of food.
- Front Office Manager Mukta, for making sure that everything and everyone were always right there when we needed.
- Rachel at the Adya spa, for providing such a variety of excellent spa services executed perfectly.
Again, I'm sorry I can't remember or name everyone who contributed to such an excellent stay, but we send our best regards and compliments to the Crowne Plaza for assembling such an outstanding and hospitable team!

On to a few details about the hotel facilities, etc.

The hotel is located in Rohini, in NW Delhi ... so this is NOT a central Delhi location. As noted above, the location was convenient for me due to its proximity to my company's Delhi office in Netaji Subhash Place in Pitampura. The hotel is adjacent to a couple of shopping malls (Metro Walk, City Centre) and an entertainment complex (Adventure Island). We did not spend much time at any of those, although we did visit each of them briefly. The Delhi Metro 'Rithala' (red line) station (the end of the red line) is right next to the hotel. The metro system is efficient for getting around, but can be crowded. Also, be prepared, there may be little English spoken/understood at the token counters. So if using the metro, plan and research how to buy your fares in advance.

We stayed using a Priority Club upgrade rate (approx 3500rs / $65 USD per day additional). With that you get breakfast daily in Mosaic restaurant, WiFi access, drinks and snacks from noon to 8:00p, and happy hour (alcoholic drinks) from 6:00p to 8:00p in Conexions lounge. The 'snacks' and happy hour were varied and substantial, and many nights we didn't have any more dinner than that.

Mosaic restaurant (lobby level) is large and provides a variety of international cuisines. We ate breakfast there every day. They always provided for special requests. The Indian cuisine choices were of course the most flavorful, for example ... dosas with spiced potato stuffing.

Spice Art restaurant (2nd floor) is lovely, specializing in fine Indian cuisine. We had dinner there twice. I can highly recommend the tandoor prawns, and the fish curry (see photos). The naan is fresh and delicious. I have no doubt that everything on the menu is excellent.

Conexions lounge (2nd floor) is comfortable for small or medium sized groups, with different seating spaces, high ceilings, and excellent decor.

Adya spa (4th floor) is a full service spa. Our first day in Delhi we enjoyed a couples massage there in an excellent private room that included a steam bath shower and jacuzzi tub. While there my wife also enjoyed several spa services, each of which was excellent, at reasonable prices. The fitness center and the salon (or "saloon" as printed on one of the elevator signs) are adjacent to the spa.

The swimming pool terrace and garden is on the 3rd floor, and can be accessed from the fitness center / spa area as well. The terrace is nice and well maintained. The pool itself is not too large, and does not have a deep end.

The hotel lobby also features a coffee shop and pastry counter, with an array of beautiful pastries prepared on site. All of the public spaces in the hotel have excellent and modern decor.

We stayed in a room with a single king sized bed. The room was clean, comfortable, and functional, with relaxing modern decor. The bed was very comfortable, and we enjoyed good quality sleep. The room featured state of the art climate control. The bathroom was done in floor-to-ceiling marble decor, featuring a tub and also a fully glassed-in 'drench' type shower ... which I loved. There were ample multi-plug electrical outlets in both the bedroom area and the bathroom.

There was one morning that I needed to arrange a car and driver for work. The hotel made the arrangement immediately and both the car and driver were top-notch. Beyond that, the hotel travel desk arranged a day trip to Agra for us to see the Taj Mahal. Again, the car and driver were excellent, providing a relaxing and enjoyable excursion.

As you've certainly realized by now, I have nothing negative to say about the staff, services, or facilities at this hotel as a 'home base' for a business or pleasure trip. With respect to our stay, and in conjunction with our first experience of India, I don't believe we could have possibly made a better choice for accommodations and hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

Let me begin with thanking you for taking out your precious time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are extremely delighted to know that you liked the entire hotel and the warm hospitality extended to your by the staff during your stay. Admirable comments like yours keeps us motivated to provide service par excellence to all our guests. Your words of appreciation have been passed on to the entire team at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini.

You would be glad to know that the hotel won the title of India's Leading Conference Hotel and India's Leading New Business Hotel at the World Travel Awards in 2012. The Indian restaurant, Spice Art won the Noteworthy Newcomer by the Times Food Awards in 2012.

We look forward to welcoming you again in your next trip to India.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I found the hotel very good for the price. The room was very well designed and decored. The bed was confortable and the bathroom was neat. I tried the food, which was very tasty but expensive given the location. All in all, a good experience. The only thing I didn’t like was the lock on the door, which would not open unless physically assaulted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, April 17, 2013

Greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out time for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to know that you liked the interiors and comfort of the rooms and the food at our restaurants. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you faced with the room door handle.

Wishing you good luck in all your future endeavors and we look forward to welcoming you back, soon!

Thank you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for my family n friends. Around 130 rooms in total for three nights. No complaints as the rooms were good, food was good n services reasonably good. Only five star hotel in our area so we had no choice also. But if you are booking that many rooms and banquets for your functions be sure to get a PCMR card made before hand as I also did but in my case the hotel staff made a big blunder and made a personal priority club card in which u get points only for ur stay. In a priority club meeting room card u get points for ur complete money spent on food, banquets, rooms etc. so I was looking around 150000 points and an automatic up gradation to platinum membership. Now the staff don't pick up my call Miss Sonia Batra. So just a warning before u book this hotel make this point very clear as its ur money and these points could have been redeemed for stays across the globe for atleast 5-6 nights.

Other wise didnt have any problem with the stay in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

We thank you for taking out time to share your feedback with us. We are happy to know that you liked the rooms and the service. With regards to your PCR/PCMR comments, allow me to share a few terms and conditions applicable to qualify for PCMR points:
- The PCMR points cannot be earned automatically. The Priority Club Meeting Rewards members must provide their Priority Club Meeting Rewards membership number at the time the meeting contract is signed to earn points.
- Contracting of the entire event is to be done under one name to earn points.
- The maximum number of points you can earn is 60,000 points per qualified meeting.

We hope that would resolve your grievance. Please give us an opportunity again to welcome you and your family and friends, soon!

Thank you.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Building is relatively new, clean and well maintained. Location is ok, if you have a reason to be in this area. Metro station is about 10 min walking distance so I assume you can take a train easily, we did not get a chance to try metro. Shoppers stop is at the ground floor and there are two other malls close by. We liked the restaurant and public areas in the hotel, rooms were spacious too.

Overall, we would have enjoyed the experience but there were some basic issues. I needed the internet connection to get some urgent work done, it took them more than 3 hours of trial and error to get it working. Even then it was going on/off and I had to keep on trying to make it work. Another big issue was the air-conditioner. We called four times in three days to get it fixed, every time some one would show up and act like they were fixing it but after couple of hours we would discover that nothing changed. Twice, they tried to argue that it was working and the setting was wrong- basically they implied that it was a user issue and there was nothing wrong with the A/C. They offered to switch the room on the very last day of our stay but we decided not to go through the trouble of moving our stuff. I can't imagine how we would have survived if this would have been summer. People were very responsive to our calls regarding both the internet and A/C issues but at the end of the day, neither worked to our satisfaction and it ended up being an uncomfortable stay. Without these two issues, I would have given them a ranking of 4.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

Greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

We thank you for your feedback and bringing this to our notice. We apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to you during your stay, regrettably we could not deliver our set standards of service. We will take necessary actions and we promise to deliver beyond your expectations the next time.

We hope you would give us a chance next time when you are in the city. Look forward to welcoming you again!

Woking , Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

WE stayed here for 2 nights in February. On leaving to catch the bus to Agra, we ordered a taxi. We pointed out the location of the terminus on the map to our driver (there are two terminuses). Firstly he took us to the wrong terminus. Then he had difficulty finding the second one. At last we found it. A small puppy was sleeping across the little mud road entrance to the terminus. It did not move - SO OUR DRIVER RAN IT OVER DELIBERATELY. Its screams will last with my daughter and I forever. It howled and howled in agony. It was awful. Yet the driver did not even acknowledge it to us. My daughter was shaking and it tears. I was shaking too.. WE could not wait to get out of that taxi. No remorse, nothing. For a five star hotel this was shocking. Also the fact that he did not know where Delhi's main bus terminus was is hardly good news. We were not picked up at the airport either despite three emails, arriving at midnight from a long flight. We found a taxi but it was an unsettling experience arriving in a new country.

Room Tip: You get placed in a room..what is all this 'choose a room'?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We sincerely apologise and deeply regret on your stay not being a comfortable one. We would like to inform you that our car rental services are outsourced from a third party vendor and we have taken your feedback very seriously. Thank you for bringing this issue to our notice.

We request you to give us an opportunity to improve on our services and serve you better the next time.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

When i landed in Delhi and asked the taxi driver about the distance to Crowne plaza, Rohini he said approx one and half hour ! But the drive was really worth as the hotel looked reall welcoming and right from the doorman to the reception team , the staff were really courteous. The check in process was also really quick with not much delay. Rooms are real spacey and chic. Beds are real comfortable and cozy. Not able to upload the photos as the memory chip got corrupted. i had the brunch in the Coffee shop and the food was real tasty ! Breakfast had a real large spread and we had to choose what to eat ! Great food in short ! After the 3 day stay at Crowne, I didnt feel like getting back ! There is a Shoppers' Stop adjoinign the hotel and also for the fun lovers, there is a Theme park on the left hand side of the hotel. Restaurants/ malls are within 3- 4km reach on the main road.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor and yes all the rooms are nice ! Choose any one !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

We thank you for your valuable feedback and appreciating comments. We are really glad to know that you liked our product and services at the hotel. You motivating comments have been shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you again, soon!

Ranjan Banerjee

Been to Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini? Share your experiences!