“Beautiful hotel just one problem...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini

You added Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Twin District Centre, Sector 10, Rohini, New Delhi 110085, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 649 Hotels in New Delhi
Fife
“Beautiful hotel just one problem...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for one night as part of our golden triangle tour.
This is a beautiful modern hotel with a bit of a bling here and there. We arrived late evening and left at 8.30 next morning so didn't have a chance to use all the hotel facilities.
Check in was quick if a bit impersonal, all pre-paid, a bit disappointing that nobody showed us to our room just pointed to the elevators, you need to use your room card in the elevator or it won't work which nobody explained. Simple really but if nobody tells you then you're left standing in an elevator with the doors just opening and closing. If I wanted this to happen I would check in as Mr Bean!
Rooms are very well furnished, spacious, tea coffee, water included and a mini bar. Safe, iron, AC bathroom well equipped. Internet was chargeable which seems to be standard in India. A bit of luxury that we wanted after a very tiring day touring. Dinner was excellent although much more expensive (around £45) a lot more than other 5* hotels we stayed at?? Maybe a New Delhi thing!
So far just a couple of petty gripes nothing that would put me off staying here again until we went to our room. we were on the 11th floor and at the rear of the hotel on ground level was a disco. We could hear and feel the music until midnight, even with my own headphones on the constant beat of the music was horrendous. 5* not any more, this is what I would expect at a 2* B&B in down-town Delhi not the Crowne Plaza.
After a great breakfast we checked out and payed what we were due, nobody asked if we enjoyed our stay, they just took our payment, no feedback forms to fill in regarding our stay.
I then tried to cash travellers cheques but they don't have this facility???
Restaurant staff & door staff were great, reception - could do better.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not at the 'disco side' of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your recent visit to Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini. I understand that your experience was not a pleasant one and has affected your impression of the hotel. Please be assured that we have taken your constructive feedback seriously as it is an opportunity for us to improve our services.

We would like to thank you for the staff appreciation and the same has been conveyed to the respective teams.

We look forward to another opportunity to serve you better on your next visit to the city.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Ranjan Banerjee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Rohini and it was fabulous. The rooms were exceptional and the bathroom, tub, and glass shower were what I have found at other Crowne Plaza's throughout the world. Could not have expected anything better then this.

We arranged for cars to pick 9 of us up at the airport and the transit was as smooth as one could expect anywhere else in India. It was about a 45 minute ride in traffic to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel the front desk staff was waiting for us and even greeted us by name. The restaurant and coffee and pastry shop in the lobby was delicious. I also enjoyed the spa and the pool was crystal clear.

Any problems that we encountered were quickly resolved to our satisfaction. We arranged a tour to Agra through the hotel. If we had known the van we took wasn't able to travel on the new highway to Agra we probably would have paid for multiple smaller cars to get there. However, the experience was definitely worth the route that we took (if you like that sort of thing). When we had problems with the van on the way back to the hotel from Agra the hotel staff were very apologetic and hand wrote us each an apology letter and gave us all a box of chocolates.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a little north of central Delhi, but there is a metro train located less then a block away. The train was very nice, cheap, and got us exactly where we wanted to go. The hotel staff went above and beyond when it came to guest service and really seemed to care about our overall experience. After a non-stop day of noise, sounds, and a fast paced environment I was always happy to unwind at the Crowne. Thank you to the Crowne Plaza for making this part of our trip so fabulous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini!

At the onset, let me thank you for your valuable comments on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that our product and hospitality met your expectations and provided you a comfortable stay. Please accept our sincere gratitude. Your feedback has been very well received by our team members and I take this opportunity to thank you on their behalf.

We look forward to serving you again, very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night in October on a Priority Club reward night as I had an early morning flight from Delhi Airport. As I was travelling from Punjab I found the location ideal, just off the National Highway 1.

As a Priority Club Platinum member, I was pleased to see my room key was ready for my arrival - particularly as I was keen to get some rest after a 7 hour drive.

My room was on the 17th floor and clean and welcoming - the bed was comfortable which allowed me to get a good nights sleep.

Service was attentive. Overall a really nice hotel and would most likely stay again when I visit India

• Stayed October 2012
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking out time and sharing your encouraging comments with us. We are delighted to know that you were impressed by the comfort of the rooms and the efficient services at the hotel.

Please accept our sincere gratitude and we look forward to serving you again, very soon.

delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My most happening place to enjoy with my family. Last month we visited indian restaurant which was amazing with good quality food and live music. We love to have "do din ki dal " which was prepeared very good. And my most rememberable evening was NEW YEAR EVE where we enjoyed and availed Room package. Very excellent arrangement with good food and amazing facilities for kids ( seperate arrangement for food and games) We wish this time it would be more happening place compared to last year. kindly book my package in advance to avoid last minute rush. ALL the best.......
Regards,
Lokesh Malhotra

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your valued and motivating comments on your dining and stay experience at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini and we extend our sincere gratitude for the same.

We are delighted with your feedback and it motivates us further to perform consistently well.

We are in the process of finalising the New Year packages at the hotel and once finalised, you will definitely get a call from the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thank you once again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

wish i could find another 5star like Crowne Plaza Rohini

simply love the construction & designing of the entire hotel

on top staff is doing a great job in maintaining the cleanliness

ONE THING WHICH NO HOTEL HAS... IS THE STAFF AT MOSIAC
lovely girls... created a real relationship with my family...

keep up the good work guys :)

Room Tip: pool facing is the way to go...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We express our sincere gratitude to you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your motivating comments have been shared with our team and they are delighted to know this. We are glad to know that you were impressed by all the facilities offered to you and the warm hospitality of our hotel team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your near ones again.

LONDON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is located in the middle or nowhere. It has nothing around the hotel and i would rather pay abit more and stay somewhere better. The hotel charges tax on everything and anything, even printing a boarding card for a flight they charged us seperatly for each print out, which i thought was very cheeky. The hotel was very clean. The food was awful, my kids did not eat even half or they're meal, which was a waste. The staff could not understand english properly which i found frustrating for a 5 star hotel.

I will not be staying here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologise for the disappointment you experienced during your recent visit to Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini. I understand that your experience was not a pleasant one and has affected your impression of the hotel.

The taxes that were charged are as mandated by the government and needs to be followed by all similar category hotels.

Your constructive feedback is important to us as it is an opportunity to improve our services.

We have also conveyed your appreciation on the cleanliness of the hotel to our team members.

We hope and look forward to another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the city.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The area around this place is sparse and empty and it is a bit weird driving upto it but Crowne Plaza is a well known name around the world and i always wanted to see if their services would be the same in India as it would be everywhere else and let me tell you this place did not disappoint one bit at all. Absolutely modern hotel with all the comforts required to call it a 5 star if it isnt already known as that.
Check In was smooth and quick. The room is abosultely gorgeous. I believe i stayed on the 12th floor. Cannot remember the room number but stay on the higer floors for amazing views of the city. The rooms are big and spacious. The bed and pillows gave me the best sleep i have had In india in a long time. Absolutely first class. Me and wife did not want to get out of bed at all but I am so glad i did becoz their buffet was sensational.
Many places advertise an american breakast and do not deliver to that but this place did. i was able to have my favorite eggs and waffles with bacons and oh it was soooo good. Kudos to the management for this because many big name hotels say they have it but then do not deliver and leave me disappointed but the crowne plaza spread was amazing. There was everything imaginable here even for the health conscious people and it was amazing. Service was impecciable without being over bearing which is excellent.
The toilets were spcaious. One feature here was the big glass window which allowed you to watch tv from the comfort of lying in a tub full of hot water with sound. Not many hotels think about that but crowne did and you have to give them a thumbs up for that. I love sittiing in a bath full of hot water with a beer after a long day and having the tv on with sound coming in the toilet was lovely. The stand in showers were lovely also and no complaints at all regarding the room.
There was a small business table in the corner with plug points for virtually every piece of equipment you would want and that is is good also. It saved the trouble of having to dig around for my plug points and this was greatly apprciated.
Over all a superb room. I will absolutely stay in other crowne plazas around India and continue to hope that the service they provide is the same as these guys set the bar very very high.
Note there is a mall that is a 5 min walk down the road also for those that want to shop. The views in the morning also are amazing. Over all extremely satisfied and would return back to this hotel in a heart beat on future trips there. Well done to the whole team there.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors above the 10th floor offer. They offer excellent views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ranjan B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We appreciate that you took out time and shared the delightful experience of your stay with us .

We sincerely appreciate your thoughts and are extremely happy to know that the warm hospitality, food quality and room amenities at the hotel were as per your liking and you that you cherish them. Your valued comments will surely be shared with our entire team and they’ll continue to strive for excellence in every guest experience.

We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming and serving you again at the hotel.

Thank you once again!