“This hotel is not complete, and not at all what the website claims” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Te New Delhi

You added Te New Delhi to your Saves list
Te New Delhi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A-3 Pamposh Enclave GK-1 | GK-1, New Delhi 110048, India   |
Ranked #198 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Houston, Texas
“This hotel is not complete, and not at all what the website claims”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I recently stayed at the Te New Delhi on a business trip after reading one promising review on TA and after reviewing the TE website. However, after arriving it became apparent that website was designed for the hotel upon completion. There is no 'Extensive Wine Menu' and forget about the 'Sub-Zero Draught Beer'.. you will have to settle for Bottle of their best 2011 Crystal Clear Water.... there is no alcohol at this hotel (yet!). As for the Swimming pool and Gymnasium, dream on.... instead of a Stair Master you have 6 flights of stairs to climb to stay fit. These facilities are still in the making. As for the rooms, they are well appointed and the beds are to die for, however, they really need to do something about the mold that appears to be on the walls of the old building. They have tried ot concele it by covering over it with a heavy wall covering however, the black mold patches still show through clearly. The bathrooms somehow looked confused, and not well thought out. Plumbing in place for fixtures but nothing attached to it. The steam room kept blowing the power to my first room every time I switched it on, and no Jacuzzis. After complaining about my room I was upgraded to a better suite however, there were still signs of mold and this time the desk was covered in ants. Granted the room was better...... The La Table Restaurant, had a very good and original menu and there were certainly no complaints here. The food and service was great and really saved the day, had the food been bad I would have been forced to change hotels. I should also point out that the staff are excellent and will go out of their way to try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. As for the limo? Well coming from Houston, if this limo car showed to pick you up at the airport you would fall on the floor laughing. It looked like some handy man had been let loose on an old Toyota van for the afternoon however, the fake grass carpet won me over, it made me feel like I was riding on a float in a Mardi Gras parade.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
gautz, Public Relations Manager at Te New Delhi, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Dear Sir,
Thanking you for your review, we would like to apologize if any inconvenience may be caused during your stay.
Our Management has taken this review very seriously and immediately taken of certain content from the website, Like - no more does the website mention the following- Swimming pool, gymnasium, jacuzzi tub, extensive wine menu or Sub-zero Draught Beer!

-At the same time i would like to mention for the fact, that the following service will be in operation by the end of this quater

- The Liquor lIcense is in process and will be shortly uploading the wine menu on our website along with images of the sub-zero draught beer in our lounge.
- In regards to the swimming pool and gymnasium ( The work for the same is in progress, but due to the current occupancy the team of contractors cannot work more than 4- 5 hours a day to keep the noise down, hence the extended delay in operation of our services!)

Hopefully if you wish to stay with us the next time, we shall be more than happy to extend our hospitality with the above mentioned services!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I travel globally more than 100 days a year. Have visited New Delhi several times and hate the hard beds in most Indian hotels. Earlier this month I stayed in Te Hotel and slept like a baby in their Swden-made Hästens beds. I wish more hotels in India follow the suit and make life easier for us business travellers for whom getting a proper sleep is more important than all pomp and show put up by most 4- and 5-star hotels in India. I also liked the freindly staff who tried to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I wish they expand the breakfast menu.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I had stayed earlier in a hotel in Nehru Place which was good but was getting this hotel at the same price so booked a room. Staff was courteous and helpful and automatically had me upgraded to an 'excel' room. The room was clean and of a good size; very comfortable and fairly spacious. Fixtures were nice. The hotel prides itself on having special beds from a brand called Hastens and the beds were indeed nice. I had a very sound sleep and did not want to wake up in the morning. Breakfast was ok and the spread could have been better. The hotel arranged for a taxi promptly.

On the flip side, both the gym and the pool were closed for renovation. In the evening I had a fairly long and nice shower but in the morning the hot water took forever to come - which was irritating considering Delhi winters. They seemed to be having that problem in others rooms that morning.

Overall it was a nice stay; the hotel looks good and service is fine- decent value for money (all hotels in Delhi are pricey). Location on the main road might bother some a bit but for me it was okay. Would stay there again (hopefully their gym/pool might be up then)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Was visiting delhi for what was meant to be a day trip but had to stayover rather reluctantly . The office admin suggested a guest house in the GK area and I set out to check inn at about 7 pm and drove past this brightly lit very jazzy electric facade and could not help but ask my driver what that building was - he thought it was a hotel but was not sure- it did not appear fully operational but I did see what appeared to be bell boys at the entrance so with the hope I could save a few bucks and willing to experiment , I walked in to enquire if it was infact a hotel and if they were operational - a very warm smiling face greeted me at a very personal reception area and invited me to take a look at their rooms as I wanted to take a look before committing to staying there- I was offered a special rate of 6000 including breakfast as part of an introductory offer and one look at the room had mr hooked- WOW - the very excited and proud front office executive highlighted that all rooms were infact suites fitted with a number of very fancy creature comforts gadgets and the very very expensive Hastens beds ( these beds I had heard of as they were meant to be the rolls Royce of beds ) - I was also informed that this is the first and only hotel to have Hastens beds in India- well they certainly had be intrigued and willing to experience a stay here. The check inn was prompt efficient very warm and welcoming - I felt I made the right choice - I called and cancelled my earlier reserved room in the neighbouring hotel. I was inn for a pleasant surprise - they upgraded me to a higher category room - the one I saw earlier was great so I was inn for some royal treatment. The rooms are just simply outstanding- I have stayed at several branded 5 star large operator properties including numerous four seasons properties across the world but never had I expected such a well appointed and luxurious room with every possible convenience I could want: the furniture in the room was plush , the headboard was leather the minibar was well stocked and large- the bathroom was large and spotless with great equipment (very fancy) the lighting was perfect and I almost felt bad I was only here for a night. The bed certainly lives up to all the expectations I can't remember having slept this well in ages - super !
I woke late and was very generously offered a platter of warm fresh croissants in my room with a pot of tea I ordered- some cookies were sent up too with a feedback request from the chef-instead every last one and could not believe that a place this size had it's own bakery. Breakfast was very exhaustive and delicious- the chef was truly talented. I was offered a late check out but did not need one so reluctantly check out and said goodbye. The team is very warm , they are excited , welcoming, very hospitable , generous and courteous. I was compelled to write this review cause I felt it was the only way to thank them for an outstanding stay. High recommended - I'll be back !

• Stayed November 2010
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Very nice hotel, very practical location in south Delhi, good neighborhood. The hotel is equiped with the best beds I've ever had ! Nice staff, very efficient, and sweet. The restaurant is very good, fine flavours, the chef cooks evrything with magic !
It's brand new and very promising. The team is international, very open-minded and smiling
If you have some time to spend in Delhi, you should definitely go to this hotel

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Te New Delhi? Share your experiences!