“Sad to Leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast
C-4/4080 | Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070, India   |
Ranked #22 of 805 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Hono
“Sad to Leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had the great fortune to find and stay at Ahtushi's B&B in Delhi. Ahtushi's and her home are lovely. I felt very welcomed and that she felt she was sincerely happy I was there. Gracious service and yet I felt like I was at home. My room was wonderful - big comfy bed and my own bathroom. Everything is very clean and nicely put together. The location is near the airport so it's perfect for stays of any length.

Ahtushi had a car pick me up when I arrive and I am waiting for one that she called right now to head back to the airport. Breakfast is great: cereal, toast, fruit, milk tea, orange juice, cheese omelet, and Indian hash browns (similar to those in Japan and to potato pancakes in Germany). Ahtushi offers dinner at an extra cost. I took it because it is dining with the family and I wanted that experience. She also has menus of good, safe food that can be ordered in. All the food was super and I feel great!

Yesterday, I had a free whole day in Delhi and Ahtushi recommended a few monuments to visit. She set me up with a driver for half the day who took me to the places she suggested.

This has been a stupendous experience on my first trip to/through India. I am very happy that I chose to stay at Ahtushi's B&B. You will be, too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had a chance to stay at Atushi's house recently. I was traveling alone and immediately felt welcomed. The rooms are very nice furnished and the house is located in a gated area. I was introduced to the whole family and got a great Indian living experience. This is much more worth than staying alone in a 5* resort! IF I return back to Delhi I would for sure choose Atushi's B&B again and I can only recommend this beautiful place to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Ahtushi's B&B has being one of my favorite discoveries in India. I've stayed there twice in the past two months, and plan to return next week for a third time. Ahtushi is a wonderful woman; she and her family are all helpful, kind, and have a big open heart. She picked me up at the metro station and gave me great tips for moving around in the big city. She also helped me complete some paperwork I needed to get done to travel to another country, stored my big extra suitcase for a whole month...AND invited me several times to eat delicious food with her family. The room where I stayed both times is lovely and clean, with access to an outside terrace where one can relax and enjoy of the sun. The place is located in Vasant Kunk, a very nice neighborhood in South Delhi, where one can find everything, while staying away from all the noise and pollution in Delhi. Ahtushi really helped me find the kind side of the city, and I must say, that even though I don't like Delhi too much, it's a pleasure to have the chance of staying at Ahtushi's again next week. A a woman traveling alone, it's nice to have a place that feels like home :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Adding one more excellent review for Ahtushi's B&B, all I can say is this place is a home away from home. The hosts, Rahul and Ahtushi are the warmest hosts one can find. The caretaker, Anu is extremely efficient and very helpful, While the cute little Bilbo is one dog you can't avoid playing with. Within a gated community, the surroundings are quite peaceful. The room provided is largely adequate and the washrooms are meticulously clean. A warm cup of coffee on a cold evening in the terrace is a definite yes. For people with a passion for photography, this place is heaven with some of the wonderful clicks by Ahtushi dotting the walls. Though I only had an opportunity to stay one night, it was an experience that can't be easily forgotten. Will definitely visit this place again during my future visits to Delhi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would not hesitate to recommend Ahtushi's B&B. I stayed here twice in September 2013 at the beginning and end of a cycling trip. It could not have been better.

Ahtushi helped me even before I arrived by finding out various pieces of information - which all must have taken time and effort. This level of help and hospitality continued throughout my stay and when I finally left I felt I was leaving a friend's house.

Here are just a few reasons why I would recommend Ahtushi B&B:

- On arrival a taxi was organised from the airport and I was called in the taxi to check everything was OK.

- My room was very large, comfortable and air conditioned.

- I was made very welcome by the whole family and enjoyed eating at family meals.

- The house is in a safe and quiet neighbourhood where you can feel totally relaxed.

- Ahtushi and her family are really nice!

Stayed October 2013
Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying with Ahtushi and her family for nine weeks this summer, and I would strongly recommend her homestay for any traveler coming to Delhi for either a short or long term visit. She lives in Vasant Kunj, a quiet and very nice area in South Delhi, conveniently located next to major shopping malls and only a few km from the metro station. I had a spacious room that was always cleaned by Anu, the househelp, and I shared a bathroom with my friend and housemate. Anu kindly provided breakfast and dinner given that I was a long term guest, and for a small charge my laundry was washed and ironed as well. From the beginning of my stay, Ahtushi made me feel welcome. She provided a cell phone with a local sim, saving me the hassle of finding one, drove me to the mall so that I could become more familiar with the area, and even drove to locate the office I was working at. In short, she made my transition to Delhi incredibly smooth, and kindly helped my friends and I book train tickets for a couple of weekend trips. Even when she was away for work during part of my stay, her family was just as helpful and kind, and Ahtushi checked in to make sure everything was going well. I would recommend her homestay for anyone looking for a respite from hectic Delhi life, and if I ever return to Delhi I hope to stay with her again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were visiting Dehli for a week late February and spent 6 nights at her place. We had a nice, modern, very clean room decorated with Ahtushi´s wonderful photos on the walls. Our 17 year old son got his privacy in another nice room with a shared toilet and shower. Their house is in a gated community in south New Dehli. As we are spoilt Swedes, it is relaxing to get away from the hectic Dehli and have afternoon tea on her roof terrace. But to stay with Ahtushi´s is much more. You get a warm familiy, an excellent travel advisor and she even books your train tickets when you have missed to do that from home. As You live among the family You can easily catch up good things about Indian life, much more so than from the staff of a Hotel reception. The entire family took part in getting us to feel well at home; her cute mother, genuine Indian, but with the depth of mixing decades of Dehli life and her Sorbonne education , always had time for a chat about India through the years. We went three night away to Agra and Corbett, but she took care of the heavy stuff that we did not bring on the short trips. This was my third trip to India but this was by far my best experience. India is always an adventure in colour, flavours and sound. To be able to digest these impressions at a calm and warm place like Athushi´s is worth a great deal. The standard is good European standard but the warm family is even better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!