“Great first home in Delhi for our family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast
You added Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
C-4/4080 | Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070, India   |
Special Rate
Special rate & breakfast
Ranked #23 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Great first home in Delhi for our family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Dear All,

We had a great stay with Ahtushi this February. Ahtushi and her great family and staff gave us the perfect comfortable and relaxed start to our life in Delhi. We are a small family of four with a baby and a toddler, and Ahtushi provided a nice, secure and welcoming atmosphere to our otherwise overwhelming move to Delhi. Our kids loved Ahtushi and her house. In fact the youngest learned how to crawl there...

Ahtushi is an incredible helpful host. She helped take our daughter to the doctor the morning we arrived, she helped us get mobile connections, find furniture and amenities for our Delhi apartment, and not the least with invaluable advice on life in Delhi.

Ahtushi's b&b is located in a very safe community, which is green, airy and quiet. Yet it is surprisingly well connected to the rest of South Delhi. The rooms are big and comfortable, the roof terrace is wonderful, the shared living spaces are cozy and spacious, and the food is good. We would very much recommend the place to anyone looking for a good, safe and comfortable home or first base in Delhi.

Best regards,
Williams-Oerberg Family

Room Tip: Great family friendly home away from home in Delhi
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

I have stay at Ahtushi'B&B from 15th to 31st March.. This is my first time to india for business and Exibition. I'm so lucky can live at this B&B 'cause it's really like my home..

Ahtushi is a very warm heart host and very helpful at my trip whatever live or business, she is always try best to help... The breakfast is very nice , i live the fired egg so much..

Ms Anon is very nice cooking on india food and that's make me love india more. I think the meal at resterants is cannot reach the same tasting..

My room is the biggest one, very confortable and good sleepping. LCD TV / High speed WIFI / Hot water all you need is prepared.. Anon will clean the room very careful, it's keep the room very clean and tidiness. Via the window you can view the squirrel running on the trees, listenning the birds singing ....

The place is at the middle sector at South delhi, easy to anywhere you want. It's very near by Airport , will take 15-20mins by taxi ..

I cannot found many words to describe the pefect place, i just strong recommend it for people is choosing B&B...

Oh, one more thing, there is a very cute / smart / quiet and have big eyes guy called Bilibo ~ you will love it :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I received a very friendly welcome by Atushi at 2.30 in the morning! Ahushti gladly gave directions on th emobile to my pre paid cab driver. It was greatly appreciated.
The house was calm and relaxing after the day out shopping or sightseeing. The room was very comfortable ( for an Indian firm bed) and tasfully decorated.
Atushi's is near a big mega mall complex and a Fab India - close enough to walk. Atushi was always very helpful organising transport or helpoing with directions
I would recommend Atushi's to people who dont want/ need to stay in busy, noisy, expensive 5 star Hotels.This is a sanctuary!
Thank you to Ahtushti and her daughter, they made me feel most welcome.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

After coming to Delhi regularly for five years I have at last found my perfect place to stay. I look forward to this time every year.
At this B and B I have a massage EVERY morning followed by breakfast (anything you want) which you can have on the lush roof terrace surrounded by terracotta pots of plants.
There is a little table and chairs up there where I work for a couple of hours in the sun!
If you want proper sun you can climb higher onto the roof without being overlooked at all!
My room is big with wi-fi and a television. the shower room is very clean with delicious soap and fesh towels.
This place is off the main road with no traffic noise but is close enough to the city to go to all the markets and monuments easily.
An air-conditioned taxi arrives in minutes after a quick phone call.
Love it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

It was my second time in Delhi and Atushi's Bed & Breakfast was recommended by a friend. My first time in Delhi was not met with the same relief and joy as when I arrived at Atushi's!! All aspects were just perfect, I received a very friendly welcome by Atushi herself and her lovely daughter.
The house is a good size, a large lounge and dinning room downstairs which was always very calm and relaxing which was great for me as when your out and about in Delhi it's generally very busy and slightly chaotic at times so it was great to come back and the end of the day and relax. My room was huge, more than enough and also very relaxing and quiet with dual aspect windows so lots of light and only a few steps away from the terrace.
The entire house was also very clean and tidy which can sometimes be a grey area in Delhi but Atushi's was spot on.

Atushi's is on the outskirts but a brand new Western style shopping centre with Cinema complex and Restaurants are all within walking distance. When you do want to go further into town Atushi was always very helpful organising taxi's and helping with translation.

All in all I would recommend Atushi's again and again as I couldn't find fault. Thank you for a lovely stay!!

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast is a lovely house in South Delhi. The rooms are big and clean, and there is a fantastic terrace where you can enjoy your drink. But the best of all is Ahtushi - she is a fascinating person, charming interlocutor and great cook. You don't belive? Try her breakfast!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Ahtushi's B&B is a friendly, relaxed and very comfortable home in a blessedly peaceful sector of Vasant Kunj (VK), South Delhi. There are three guest rooms, each one immaculately clean, tastefully decorated and with all mod-cons such as TV and wireless internet. Upstairs, there is a nice leafy terrace where you can relax when the sun comes out, or chat round a fire on a winter's evening. My room also housed a large collection of books and magazines--including travel guides featuring photographs and articles by the hostess, Ahtushi--which I was free to peruse at my leisure. The B&B was also in a great location for me, as a student. It is just a stone's throw away from JNU, and is also on the 604 bus route which has a great (and cheap!) A/C service that plies the route between VK and New Delhi rail station, stopping at Teen Murti Bhavan (for NMML) and the National Archives of India en route. To go further afield in the city, Chattarpur metro station is just a short auto or bus ride away, which is another cheap and efficient way to get around. Since I was staying for several months, I was pleased to find that the immediate area in VK also has all the conveniences I needed, from dhabas, ATMs and grocery stores to cinemas and malls. There is even a 4-storey Fab India located just 5 minutes' walk away, and a small park just two minutes from the front door. The food is also great, generally simple Indian veg and non-veg meals, with the odd biryani or butter chicken thrown in for good measure, all home cooked.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ahtushi's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!