“Soi B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Soi
You added Soi to your Saves list
C 336 defence colony, New Delhi 110 024, India   |
Ranked #26 of 919 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Burlington, Vermont
“Soi B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We brought a group of students here in March, 2013, and our stay was great. Aditya attended to our needs, regularly stopping by to check on us, and personally helped with a trip to the local hospital for one student in need - much appreciated, and above and beyond the call of service. He even mailed some postcards for us when it wasn't easy for us to get to the post office. The location is good, the rooms are clean and nice, and the help at the house is eager to please. Breakfast is 'western', with eggs, toast, juice, etc., and there's a deck for when the weather is nice. We'll happily stay here again in the future. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I didn't notice any clear difference in rooms other than a variety of choices of bed sizes/numbe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My review is for Aditya's property in D-Block of Defence Colony where I stayed for about 1 month. My room was comfortable with a HUGE bed, a flat screen TV, an attached bathroom, and a mini-fridge. The hot water heater in the bathroom is better than those in other guest houses I've stayed in, just remember to turn it on 30 minutes before your shower as Aditya advises! The help at the guest house (Sitaram in particular) were wonderful - kind and helpful 24/7! My linens were changed regularly and so was my room, which made me feel like I was getting hotel quality service within the comforts of a bed and breakfast.

This was my 4th trip to Delhi and my first time staying in Defence Colony, and the location is absolutely unbeatable. Safe and secure, while also being in the heart of Delhi. All attractions, shopping destinations, and restaurants are within easy reach. As a single female traveler to Delhi, Aditya and his family's hospitality was priceless for me. I felt like I was part of their family while I was there, and I would definitely recommend this property to my own friends and family.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are the most private and quiet. These top floor rooms also have access t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

"Fabindia "...." FabSoi" B&B! We were treated as favored guests!I would'nt stay any other place ! We experienced Delhi as a local/family.It was in a great location, convenient to everthing; sightseeing,shopping,and eating! Adithya and his mother & wife were a delight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Aditya S, Owner at Soi, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much , outstandiingly fab. guest of ours , not too mention that it was a complete delight in having you & yours friends over.

Infact it would be our pleasure in having our favoured guest visit us again.

Thank you .
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at Soi for 2 nights while in Delhi for a wedding. The property is quiet, clean and well located not too far from the market in Defence Colony. The owner showed us around and was very helpful. The rooms were very clean and charming. The hot water takes a bit to warm up but otherwise the washrooms are much cleaner and newer than most hotels I have stayed at in India. All in all, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Aditya S, Owner at Soi, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We would like to thank you for specially taking your time to provide us your valuable feedback.

We would so much appreciate to have you visit us again.

Thank you very much for everything....
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was met with all kindness by the Soi family who took into account and registered all my needs, even to purchasing fresh ground coffee to my strict American taste. I highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone who wishes to experience Delhi as a local, but with western comfort at an economical price.

• Stayed March 2013
Yangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel one year ago but until now I can't forget the experience during my stay there,it brought to me 5 star hotel feeling and we enjoyed very nice service like at home.The boss is very nice and handsome man, and he took good care of me and my colleague. Especially he asked housekeeper to make breakfast ready earlier and pepared our favorite flavor food .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Soi Bed and breakfast is located at Defence Colony, New Delhi - my bedroom was large and with an en suite bathroom / shower and air conditioning, plus a safety deposit box oh - and satellite TV. My room had a fridge and there are tea and coffee making facilities in the common living room and I enjoyed having a cup of tea while reading the morning paper (paper also provided with a full breakfast). I specifically liked relaxing in the spring sunshine on the balcony and browsing the internet, which is free and a decent connection. The local park is good for jogging and the market is very good for places to eat (try the Sagar for south Indian food). I spent a week here visiting friends and would recommend this as a good place to stay while in Delhi, in a good part of the city with lots of transport links and not too far from the centre of things.

Room Tip: Three rooms - all double beds, the guest rooms are on the middle floor and the owners live below on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Soi? Share your experiences!