“If you want comfort, luxury, and delicious food, this is a great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

You added The Leela Palace New Delhi to your Saves list
The Leela Palace New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diplomatic Enclave | Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110023, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
KAMAL For Female Traveler
Ranked #1 of 631 Hotels in New Delhi
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Leela for four nights. Our room was furnished beautifully, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom large with plenty of storage for our toiletries and the service impeccable. We have absolutely nothing but praise for the staff in the hotel. We ate breakfast in the Cube which has great atmosphere and views of the hotel grounds. The food was beautiful and tasty. Do not miss the Dosas which are freshly made for you. The Jamavar Restaurant serving Indian food was the only place we ate in the evening. Gupreet and his staff in the Jamavar could not have treated us better. We were treated to special dishes prepared by Chef Egin who is a master of Keralan cuisine. Amit was very attentive to our needs and the service was top notch. This hotel knows how to pamper and spoil the guests but it also provides a serene and relaxing environment for rest after a busy day of touring and shopping in Delhi. Also find time for a visit to the beautiful roof top infinity pool.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the street and park across from the hotel. I think a room overlooking the inner...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi and commendation of our luxurious accommodations, restaurants and staff services.

I am pleased to note that all our facilities and award-winning restaurants were to your satisfaction and that we got a chance to prepare some delicious Indian breakfast delights for you to experience.

It is great to know that you found some well-deserved rest and got to enjoy the panoramic views from our rooftop swimming pool.

It is a pleasure to pass on your kind praises to the Palace team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay.

Louis Sailer,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

we spent 7 Night at the leela palace pick up at the airport was great warm welcome with mr thomas and driver IQBAL; we arrive early mornoing we were welcme with a beautiful lady check in was fast room was fresh and very clean and look very new but infact hotel is 3 years ; breakfast was incredible the staff was mervellous ; lunch was superb ; dinner mindblowing ..............;we try the japanesse restaurant ; main restaurant VIDUR and his collegue has make our stay fantastic ;ASMEETCHEF; thanks for my breakfast and my husband says compliment for the BETROOT AND GINGER JUICE he like the way you prepare his breakfast and also thanks for his CROQUE MADAME he said you gays you know your job very well for that reason we are coming back to you very soon; indian restaurant food was more than excellent and the restaurant manager GURPREET and his staff and the chef was great ; you love your job and you do it from heart thanks again to you; we tried italian restaurant thanks to the chef and the gentleman for the dinning service all dishes looks like ( HAUTEGAME MERCI ) this hotel has his own talent ; personality ; charming; love; beauty,smile; honest; helpful;i will recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives; Mr SAMIR thanks again to your staff they are fantastic( HURRAH);and thanks also to the MANAGER of the hotel we met in Elevator and he recommend us the couple spa massage it was a precious moment at spa for us also thanks to killi and Aow the girl who look for our massage your spa is very clean nice smell ; music authentic ;staff takecare for every détails it was amazing we had also a good time at the bar drinking SAKE;; the concierge was very kind they arrange for us to visit the shops and they arranged for TURBAN for my husband this is a great value for us we will always remember you all you have tied us like the turban in your heart.you are the best and you give value to your hotel keep it on and see you very soon MR/S GERARD FRANCIOS

Room Tip: this is the best hotel no complaint
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review of The Leela Palace New Delhi.

The Palace is New Delhi's latest luxury hotel and only 3 years of age. We appreciate your observations and are happy that your journey to the hotel from the airport in our luxurious BMW fleet was a pleasant one.

The Palace team and I thank you for your wonderful compliments on our staff and services and we look forward to welcoming you back as our patrons in the not too distant future.

With warm regards,
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

An oasis of calm in India's busy capital city. The Leela was chosen for our stay because of its close proximity to all the venues for our meetings. Excellent, attentive staff. Good breakfast at the Qube and a wonderful Indian restaurant (best Indian I ever had). Great swimming pool at the top of the hotel, but watch out as the floor is quite slippery when walking barefoot. Impressive spa facilities.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
It is a pleasure to read your wonderful compliments on your recent stay with us and we thank you very much for this. As you rightly said, we are located in the heart of Delhi’s prestigious Diplomatic Enclave, with close proximity to Central Business District and many historical monuments.

I am glad that you enjoyed the culinary offerings at The Qube and our Indian speciality restaurant, Jamavar and also got to experience the city’s only roof top temperature controlled swimming pool.

We look forward to welcoming you as our patron soon again.

Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

The Leela Palace made for an excellent stay in New Delhi - with very comfortable accommodations combined with exceptional customer service. The team at Leela was incredibly attentive, anticipating needs throughout. They set a new high bar in my experience for top customer service. The location is convenient to both New Delhi and Gurgaon, making it a good mid-point for someone doing business in both. Definitely will return on any future trip here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, it was an absolute delight to read through it and to hear your words of praise about the facilities and staff services at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

I am glad that our centralized location in Delhi’s elite and diplomatic neighborhood were to your expectations.

The team and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Best Regards
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Far too often a luxury hotel has a splendid lobby and a room that is only mediocre. I was pleasantly surprised by the beautifully furnished and well-appointed room here at the leela, which felt like a mini-palace itself. The staff were all wonderful. The service was beyond reproach, and quite possibly the best I've ever experienced. Yogesh at concierge was just amazing, multitasking 4 separate needs all with care and genuine concern. Thank you also to Ankit who gave a wonderful check-in, Mohit at breakfast who always greeted me by name, and my driver Vijay, all for whom nothing was too much.
Breakfast was included and a nice spread. I wasn't wow'ed by the food at lunch and dinner at the various restaurants though, and given the price, I think there is room for improvement in both variety an quality.
All in all, a wonderful stay at a remarkable property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. The Palace team joins me in thanking you for kind praise of our staff services, especially that of Yogesh, Ankit, Mohit and Vijay.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Qube, however, I have made a note of your feedback on the lunch and dinner.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again as our guest soon.

Louis Sailer
montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

The service was impeccable, starting with the airport pick-up included in the room rate. It was a VIP-level transfer. When I entered the hotel, I was greeted by name, personally escorted to my room and checked in in the room. The room was spacious, easy to work in. The bathroom was spacious, had counter space to put toiletries on and the shower was user-friendly, I could hang the provided terry cloth robe within reach (a rarity these days with these showers that only an designer that doesn't use could love). Somehow they have trained staff to memorize guest names because I was typically greeted by name and staff went out of their way to be helpful - whether to answer questions, make reservations, check details of a planned meeting event, print something, whatever. My business requires that I stay in hotels more than half of the year and I generally stay in 4 and 5 star hotels so I am pretty spoiled but this place surpassed all of this. And all for $180/night which included breakfast, airport transfer and wifi. I got a good rate but even the regular rate would have been an excellent value. Also, I had lunch in one of the restaurants and dinner in one of the other (the Indian one) and both were excellent. In fact, the Indian dinner was the best I'd had in the country. Just can't say enough - this is my go-to place in New Delhi from now on.

Room Tip: As far as I know, all the rooms are good rooms and the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Your review titled “Possibly the best hotel experience ever” is the true testament to all our efforts, trying to deliver the best service and traditional hospitality to all our guests all the times.

It is a pleasure to read your compliments on our overall facilities and staff services. Our award-winning culinary team is also happy that you liked our food & beverage offerings and thank you for that.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

My stay at Leela Palace in New Delhi was extremely pleasurable. Everything about this hotel screams five stars or more, service and room alike! Don't except modern style furniture but do except modern India style and modern to suit the taste of a King and Queen!!! The room and bathroom were very spacious. I did encounter a couple of downsides (which was not excepted but appeared towards the end of my stay). The first being that reception did not 'filter' the calls to my room. I received several calls (some unwanted at past bedtime hours) but the call would come directly to me without notice from reception - perhaps the person calling knew my room number? I did not give it out to them so I was a bit disappointed with reception regarding this point. The other was that I actually got sick (travelers diarrhea) after eating room dinning hamburger/cheese cake. I was actually surprised as during my whole India trip I didn't not get sick until that moment. I had had breakfast at the hotel and didn't eat or drink anything all day until later that evening when I ordered the hamburger. Perhaps it was a coincidence? The last was that I had paid for two days internet and when I checkout of my room my internet was immediately cut. I was expecting to have use of the few hours which were left of the internet I paid for. After I checked out I was actually wanting to work in the lobby and the Japanese restaurants on site! Apart from these minor problems (which I did not raise with staff in-situ) everything was perfect and I would definitely return to this hotel next time I am in Delhi!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay at The Leela Palace. While we greatly appreciate your endorsement fit for a modern King’s Palace, I very sorry to read about the experiences that hindered a perfect stay.

While I can assure you, that The Leela Palace has the most sophisticated standards among hotels in the world, I shall take the liberty to contact you via private email to find out more please.

Yours sincerely,
Louis Sailer,

Been to The Leela Palace New Delhi? Share your experiences!