“Genuine Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

You added The Leela Palace New Delhi to your Saves list
The Leela Palace New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diplomatic Enclave | Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110023, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
KAMAL for Ladies Guest
Ranked #1 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Makati, Philippines
“Genuine Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Personally, this hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever experienced in New Delhi and I'm glad that I chose this hotel. Upon arriving at the airport, the staff assisted us to the BMW and they are just really nice and accommodating. Staffs are very welcoming, for check in, you don't have to wait and transact in the lobby. Manu, assisted us to the room and we checked-in there comfortably. The room and the bathroom is amazing and top notch. They even gave us a complimentary plate of macarons and other sweets which is really thoughtful of them. The next day, we had to leave early for the tour and Manu happily arranged a boxed breakfast to take with us for the tour. We also ordered for room service and since we ordered chinese food, we didn't expect it to be that good but we were wrong, the kung pao chicken and the friend rice was really really good. The farmed chicken is also great. Checking out was also fast. Since we requested a two way airport transfer, upon arriving at the airport a staff assisted us inside the airport until we reach the immigration. This really surprised me. Impressive.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here again in our future visit to India.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your heartwarming compliments on your recent stay with us. At Leela, we believe in “Atithi Devo Bhava”, Guest is God, each member of our team strives tirelessly to anticipate guests’ needs and fulfill those without being asked for.

As we do offer multiple cuisines across the hotel, we are happy to know that our Chinese menu items were a success. The culinary team takes authenticity of our dishes very seriously and we try our hardest to come as close as possible to the original and sometimes even make them better.

The team at The Leela Palace New Delhi, look forward to welcome you back soon again.

Yours sincerely,
Louis Sailer,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Everything about this hotel is modern, very neat and clean. And the staff at Leela Palace make you feel very special. And its located in the heart of the city. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate your kind comments on your experience at The Leela Palace New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With best regards,
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Some 5 star are 5 star because of policy. The Leela and its entire staff deserve the rating because of both presentation and a genuine attitude to provide the best service. There are differences in 5-star service and what you hope for is here.

Room Tip: Ask and you get it
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting such a wonderful endorsement.

We greatly appreciate your kind expertise on our staff services and for recognizing the high quality of the hotel. I am very happy that we succeeded in living up to your expectations and I hope we will be able to welcome you and your friends back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

With warmest regards,
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at the Leela for a few days on a business trip. The hotel staff service was excelent, same for the room and the overall facilities including the large pool outdoor and the large gym inside the hotel. The hotel is adjacent one of the large malls in New Delhi and this is very convenient. The restaurants within the hotel are also excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind appreciation of our roof top swimming pool and restaurants.

We look forward to welcome you back to The Leela Palace New Delhi in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a short business trip to Delhi together with my wife! Temperature in June is toooooo HIGH!!! 45-49 Celsius degrees! If you are going to sightseeing as well take water facial sprays, helps a lot and drink a lot of water!

About Leela Palace hotel.
It is definitely one of the best hotels in the world! Service is great, bed and room cleaning is great! International cuisine restaurant is serving very wide range food both for breakfast and for lunch!
They also have great Japanese and Indian restaurants!

Spa experience was amazing!

Strongly suggest to stay at this hotel!

PS. If you go to India: try to avoid trips in June - August, it is impossible to make sightseeing! Definitely visit Taj Mahal and other major sightseeing sites!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review of The Leela Palace New Delhi and I am sorry for the summer temperatures. A dip in our cool rooftop pool combined with our delicious lemonade usually does the trick in summers and when the water it’s perfectly heated, in the winter months.

It is a pleasure to read your compliments on our overall facilities and staff services. Our award-winning culinary team is also happy that you liked our food & beverage offerings and thank you for that.

The team at The Leela Palace join me in thanking you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back soon again.

With kindest regards,
Hua Hin, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

“A true gem of a hotel"
As a frequent traveller I have been to the whole world travelling on my own but my visit to India stands apart from the over all experience of my whole life. It's all was due to the excellent and outstanding expertise of the airport services of the Leela palace New Delhi with two outstanding personnel by the name of Mr. Sumit Kapoor & Mr. Vipin Kumar.

At the time of arrival we were met by both of them who were through professional of the leading hotel of India ( The Leela Palace) as they were waiting for us at the conveyor belt with our luggages, without meeting us which was a surprising element and a awesome experience. They were so proactive with there services and we were escorted to our hotel car when we reached the hotel we were given a smooth check in.

The location of the hotel near the green leafy dipolimatic enclave is ideal. The hotel itself is beautiful and it's well decorated but comfy throughout all spaces. My favorite spots are the deep tubs in the guest bathrooms, the rooftop infinity pool at sunset (where the sun never set so much as the sky darkened and the lights of the city brightened) and the bountiful garden where we ate breakfast every morning and had a final sit down every night.

The food at the hotel was excellent and I have added a separate detailed review of each restaurant. Suffice it to say here that breakfast is worth waking for and Le Cirque is not to be missed.

For me, the real hallmark here is the staff and their dedication to unsurpassed customer service experience. Every single employee I met went out of his or her way to make we feel welcome, safe, pampered and satisfied. I have never experienced this degree of service before and it greatly enhanced the entire experience for me.

At the time of departure the same staff met us and helped us for flight check in formalities. I would like to highly recommend these guys Mr. Sumit Kapoor & Mr. Vipin kumar who are always ready with the surprising us.

Stayed June 2014
It is a true pleasure to read your heartening and wonderful compliments on our hotel and services during your recent stay with us. I am especially happy to see that Vipin and Sumit stand out among the rest of the team. Your kind appreciation of our restaurants and the individual reviews for them is greatly appreciated and I am glad, that you got the chance to experience our beautiful rooftop pool and enjoyed our luxuriously deep bathtubs.

At The Leela Palace New Delhi, service comes from the heart and your kind words are an endorsement that we were able to successfully deliver on our service promise.

We certainly hope that you will visit India and the Leela palace again in the not too distant future.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I step of the airplane and a personal greeter handles everything at the airport for me. It made everything so much faster. I've been to India lots of times and from now on I'll always stay at the Leela when I go to new Delhi just because the airport service is so nice. Plus a ride to the hotel in a 7 series BMW is awesome too.

The hotel itself is excellent, as to be expected from a luxury hotel in India. But the services is what shines. Even their tech support went will above and beyond the call of duty for me. So, while nothing about the Leela is cheap, you certainly get what you pay for!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you. Reviews like yours are a true testament to our sincere efforts of providing seamless services from the time you arrive until you unfortunately have to depart.

It is a pleasure to read that we feature as your preferred hotel while visiting Delhi and my team joins me in thanking you for your kind commendation of our staff services especially, our team at the airport and our technology team.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

With kindest regards,
Louis Sailer,

Been to The Leela Palace New Delhi? Share your experiences!