“The best hotel I have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

Save Saved
You added The Leela Palace New Delhi to your Saves list
The Leela Palace New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diplomatic Enclave | Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110023, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Special
Ranked #1 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best hotel I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

What can I say? If you want luxury and unequalled service then this is the place. I could not find a single fault with this hotel. The food in The Qube and Jamavar was excellent. I didn't sample the other restaurants but I'm sure they are just as good. Every single member of staff made me feel like royalty and could not do enough for me. I will definitely be staying at The Leela chain again. Thanks Leela for a fantastic stay in Delhi.

Room Tip: I would imagine that any room you stay at here will be fabulous.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

918 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We checked into the Leela Palace for a few days during a recent relocation trip to New Delhi. It was the perfect respite in the midst of a really busy, overwhelming week. From the minute we checked in we felt pampered. Staff were lovely, friendly, and eager to help in any way possible. The infinity pool on the rooftop was heated and so relaxing; we had the place practically to ourselves. Expensive but price reflects the high quality as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We probably had one of the best holidays in India at the Leela Palace last year in June. It was a great week for us to unwind ourselves. Excellent service and very courteous staff. We would definitely be looking to return back to the hotel sometime soon to have the experience again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Recently stayed at the Leela Palace for 4 nights. The service was impeccable, the ambiance of the hotel reeks luxury and the staff were polite, intuitive and extremely helpful every step of the way. I lost my wallet during my trip there and the staff scoured and uprooted the hotel in order to find it, and when they did, they placed in my safe and made sure I was made aware asap. The floor butler Gourav and the housekeeper Hitesh made the stay very comfortable.

Although, I have one complain. "Extreme service" - During my meal at The Qube, I felt as though I was being stalked; a member of the service staff approached every 3 minutes. Furthermore, the housekeeping staff relentlessly rang the doorbell at least 5-6 times in a day to see if I need anything, if they can turn down the room etc. etc. I know I should turn on the DND sign, but I suffered the service wrath of not doing so.

Note: Unnecessarily expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very good hotel, a little far away but everything is far away in Delhi, you can take hotel taxis. Room was perfect, beautiful and very clean with a huge bathroom.Very comfortable bed and lots of pilows.Breakfast was very good. Room service was good.
Very nice spa and pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Leela for the final part of our 10th wedding celebrations around the golden triangle (we stayed the the Taj Palace at the start, which was also excellent).

Everything was excellent - check in was a breeze. They greeted us with garlands when we fist arrived. As we had stayed in a club room at the Taj, we decided to upgrade at the Leela too. Our room was amazing. They had placed a cake and roses in our room for us.

We ate at the Indian restaurant at the hotel on our first night - this was very yummy. We also used the roof top heated swimming pool - this was very relaxing.

On our last night, during our actual anniversary, we dined at Le Cirque. The food and service were amazing. They all made us feel very special, and even brought us a cake at the end with a candle. A lovely touch. We were amazed when we returned to our room after our meal at Le Cirque - they had placed another cake in our room AND had filled up the bath tub with bubble and rose petals! What a lovely gesture, and how they must have read our minds!

The club level was amazing. Again, the service was what you would expect from a hotel of this standard. The high tea and happy hour are very worthwhile. The staff were also very very competent and friendly.

One policy we loved at the Leela was that of not giving individual gratuities. They prefer you placing an amount in an envelope at the end of your stay, should you feel it worthwhile. This is then distributed amongst all of the staff. I think this is a wonderful idea, and more hotels should adopt this policy.

We were taken to the airport in a BMW (one of the benefits of the club level room). We were met by a Leela rep at the airport, who dealt with everything for us, including the departures card. He left us as we checked in. This was also a very special touch.

We were very sad to be leaving this hotel as we had such a wonderful time and such special memories. Thanks Leela and hopefully see you again soon.

Room Tip: Club level
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful hotels we haw stayed at. The property is well taken care of an impeccable. The restaurants are amazing, the spa comfortable. But what really makes it amazing is its employees who naturally tend to all your needs with discretion amd grace.
When back in Dehli this is the only hitel we would consider and have recommended to all our friends.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to The Leela Palace New Delhi? Share your experiences!