“BRILLANT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

Save Saved
You added The Leela Palace New Delhi to your Saves list
The Leela Palace New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diplomatic Enclave | Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110023, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Summer Special
Ranked #1 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“BRILLANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Fantastic in every way. Fababulous service, accommodation, food, facilities, etc. what more do you want. I went with my son, daughter and wife.. We wanted for nothing, great holiday & would recommend to all!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

930 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

WOW! Lovely being back after a year and good to see that the high standards are still in place. Equally happy to see the extremely professional Pratik has joined this hotel from another Delhi 5-star hotel that we used to stay in before The Leela. Good move. Breakfast is a treat and the staff friendliness is a big plus. I left a generous tip because the hotel has a shared tip policy which helps a lot. My experience with other hotels in this regard was not as good. Wish that I could remember more names because I'd love to dish out more kudos. The hotel is near the diplomatic enclave. Tip: This time we used a hotel taxi and it was worth the money. A BIG thanks to management for keeping up the standards. I look forward to returning. Our meal at The Library was excellent and they go over and above to please their guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are on an extended business trip/holiday in India and the Leela Palace was where my husband had to attend a conference. I really wanted to stay at The Imperial so was disappointed when we were booked in here. Wow! did I soon change my mind. Right from the very start arriving from Dubai at 4 a.m were we met with such fantastic service and attention to every litlle detail. The room had everything you wanted and was extremely luxurious with lovely little touches like homemade biscuits and sweets under glass domes and a full bowl of good fruit. The bathroom was fantastic with 2 basins and a large, and very comfortable, bath with good products. The only slight irritant was the very weak hairdryer with no nozzle. Luckily my fast turbo hairdryer goes everywhere with me as I very rarely find one in any hotel!

Breakfast the next morning has to be one of the best we've both experienced. You can even choose your own juice which is made in front of you and the choice from the buffet is amazing with all the pastries and the coffee being of the highest quality. Can't really find fault here at all with such incredible staff in a beautiful hotel.

The position is probably not the best in Delhi and there are no grounds to walk around in, just a small garden with lovely f lowers. The rooftop pool had an amazing view over Delhi and was kept heated to 28 degrees which was good as it was quite cold when we were there.

We loved the bar which made incredibly good cocktails and had a very good atmosphere but did not get round to trying any of the restaurants . All in all we had a very good stay here and would certainly come back again when next in Delhi although we also love the Imperial so it would be a difficult choice!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor. The view was just on the road. Maybe it is worth checking if there is a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

With this review, I would like to reinforce all the positive reviews that have been given to this hotel in tripadvisor. The hotel is beautiful and elegant from the moment that you arrive. The staff are very attentive, helpful, and friendly. The room were we stayed was quiet, comfortable and elegantly decorated. This is among the best hotels where we have stayed in terms of elegance, overall experience, and amenities. The swimming pool is outdoors and has a great view of Delhi. Unfortunately, we did not use it as the weather was not optimal. We tried 3 of the restaurants and were pleased with the presentation and quality of the food at the Japanese (Megu) and Italian/French (Le Cirque) ones. The breakfast buffet is good but not very impressive as some other local hotels. We were surprised to receive a delicious chocolate cake at each restaurant when they overheard that we were celebrating a birthday. It was a really nice (and delicious) touch. We plan to be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I do not believe that we got a "special" room. In fact we stayed in the third floor by the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm a seasoned traveller, and have stayed in many 4.5 - 5 star hotels and resorts. The Leela Palace has been one of the best hotels both my husband and I have stayed at to date. We didn't expect much coming to India, but the Leela superseded our expectations.
The rooms were extremely beautiful with gorgeous amenities - we just stayed in the deluxe room. The buffet breakfast was hands down the best we have encountered in India and rivaled some of the buffets we have had in Thailand / Australia.
The service was outstanding in all aspects.
The restaurants although Stunning and excellent food served, are quite pricey and there are a number of local restaurants in Connaught place that have equally as good food for a third of the price - however, in saying that - Megu restaurant served up some of the best Sashimi I have had.
The rooftop pool, which overlooks Delhi was heated and a lovely 28c when it was only 17c outside - beautiful. Overall - hands down one of the best hotels I have stayed at!!!!

Room Tip: We only got the Deluxe - Indian Beds are generally hard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

difficult to beat this spot... service, decore, food qulaity, comfort, safety... all top notch. was here for a 3 day meeting on site, but also able to enjoy with my wife. the bar (Libary) classical comfort.. laid back for a nice "clenasing wiskey" to complete a long day. The breakfast spot (also serves lunch and dinner) was a FULL buffet... and if you don't find what you want... just ask and they will make it happen. the rooms were a mixture of contemporary, old india and "smart" antique furniture. Service from the entry, to the lobby to any of the resturants to the room... absolutely inpecable. I like to have a decent work out facility and this was among the better... honestly did not expect that much from a hotel of this level as most that stay here don't use it. Modern equipment and lots of options and space for working out. Has an incredible sushi resturant (I know... don't go to India for sushi, but this is worth it... believe me!!!)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Leela New Delhi is a really good hotel. They are overly nice, to a somewhat annoying part, and the rooms are comfortable. As a forewarning, should you live in India and book the rooms by calling the hotel reservation line, it can be a frustrating process and my only criticism is of their process when one books a reservation through the phone. I have a corporate discount so I have to call the reservation number. I tell them I want a room with my corporate discount. They can not disclose the discount over the phone yet take your details and ask you then to send them an email from your company account, with your information and your credit card number. I do not provide my credit card number in emails which we went back and forth on a number of times. I then sent my email to them (without the credit card number) and they took close to 8 hours to respond. All worked out in the end but this was a frustrating process for my unique situation. This process is consistent with all Leela's in India.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tamir_Kobrin, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
It is indeed unfortunate that you have had to deal with such a mediocre, to say the least, performance of our central reservations office. This is not the manner by which we would like you to have a first impression of the hotel and I have taken this up strongly with our outsourced reservations office. They will take the necessary steps to learn from this, improve and make the necessary changed that will facilitate a smooth reservations process. That is the ABC of an excellent hotel, my apologies, once again.

Tamir Kobrin

Been to The Leela Palace New Delhi? Share your experiences!