“Leela Palace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace New Delhi

You added The Leela Palace New Delhi to your Saves list
The Leela Palace New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diplomatic Enclave | Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110023, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
KAMAL for Ladies Guest
Ranked #1 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Toronto, Canada
“Leela Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived dirty with no reservation. The lobby was stunning and the staff at the concierge desk were polite, professional and efficient. The staff made a recommendation for an upgrade which we took and were quickly taken to our room. The room was immaculate, clean, luxurious linens and towels. The bathroom was beautiful with an nice assortment of lotions and potions, bathrobes etc. We took advantage of the club lounge and enjoyed cocktail hour in beautiful rich surroundings whilst sampling snacks and cocktails. Staff were very attentive and polite.
The roof top is stunning, very clean pool and again staff were so polite and efficient. The breakfast was beautifully presented with every choice you could wish for.
We were given a late check out the following day and after we checked out we used the club
lounge for seven hours indulging in high tea then cocktail hour again before being taken to the airport by a hotel vehicle.
This was our indulgence at the end of a three week back packing trip and it was fantastic. Likely the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I did not leave the hotel after I arrived however other friends visited nearby sights and shopping with assistance from hotel staff.

Room Tip: Take the Club room upgrade
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Gurgaon, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have never written a negative review in my years of coming to Trip Advisor. I can hear the highway traffic very clearly throughout the night from my room. The room I am staying in has an interconnecting door to the next suite and I could hear what the occupant next door was watching on TV, and can now hear him snoring. Worst of all, there is a private function currently underway in the hotels' bar - they are playing music so loud that I can't sleep. It's Sunday, past midnight as I write this. I don't have a particularly sensitive sense of hearing.

Any one of these three glaring , preventable issues keep me from seeing this hotel as one of the 'best hotels in the world', or even 5 star. If you do choose to stay here based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews posted by other users, it may be wise to note the above concerns and request a suitable room. I will be moving tomorrow.

To be completely balanced, the fitting and fixtures are 5 star, the food is good, the staff are well trained and aim to exceed expectations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tamir_Kobrin, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I have read your comments with interest.

As we have never before had such complaints or problems in the hotel, I personally, went to guest rooms and suites, which are located above the Library Bar and Africa Avenue, and can gladly report to you that due to the triple glaze glass we have in all the rooms and suites, the noise is completely absent.

Moreover, there are no interconnecting rooms and suites above the Library Bar area, nor, did we have any such function on Sunday night is the hotel.

I assume, you are either mistaken with the location of the property or something else is of a concern.

Gladly contact me to better understand what and where you have stayed so we can learn and improve, if we could have done anything better, from your experience.

Tamir Kobrin
tamir.kobrin@theleela.com
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have just returned from a week in India staying at the Leela Palace hotel and I can not fault it in any way.

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they are always friendly and willing to make your stay even better.

The hotel is indeed a palace! The opulent decor and attention to detail is second to none. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are luxurious, coming back to the Leela after a day of sightseeing was pure heaven.

Flawless!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If your budget can afford it, this is where you might want to land in New Delhi. On par with the gracious Imperial and tony Oberoi, the Leela Palace, while Delhi's newest 5-star hotel experience, is so supremely well run that it feels as if it has been around for years. Its style evokes a kind of European Grand Hotel set with opulent Indian touches. The service is extremely polished, yet warm. The rooms hearken to a luxurious standard and the bathrooms are extremely spacious and well appointed. Everything has been very well thought out, even the room lighting, which gives the bedroom a desired warm glow yet is also adaptable for more focused work situations. Needless to say the breakfast buffet is an extravaganza and my two experiences of dining at the Cube were happy ones. I also had a very good massage at the extensive, beautifully designed spa. I worked out daily at the fitness center, which was spacious, well run and had all the right machines and weight equipment. Criticisms?? Almost none. The location is not absolutely central but it is central enough in sprawling Delhi and we had no problems getting around. Those who crave taking walks in the vicinity of their hotel might be disappointed because the Leela - like other 5 stars in Delhi - is not really in a neighborhood that is 'walkable'. On the other hand, taking a walk within the hotel can yield some delightful surprises. On my first day at the Leela I encountered the King of Spain and his lengthy entourage proceeding through the lobby while on my second I recognized a well known Bollywood star.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Although I only stayed here for one night I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We were collected from the airport late at night and then taken straight to our room for a quick check-in. The room itself was large, spotless and well-appointed. The overall decor of the hotel is a sort of nouveau maharaja style which some may find a little kitsch. The breakfast buffet was excellent - the best we had in India. There is a lovely rooftop pool. We were driven back to the airport where we were met and our bags taken to check-in. The overall standard of service was impeccable and prices are reasonable given the quality.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

It was my second stay at this property and I fell in love with it yet again. The service, the luxury is one step ahead of all others. The lobby area is opulent and the roof top swimming pool is just amazing. Its hard to find a fault at this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious.The bathroom is something to check out!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Opulent and beautiful hotel where the staff couldn't do more for you. We didn't have long to enjoy the hotel, due to a flight delay. Breakfast was the best choice and most delicious of our trip to India. From the moment we arrived at the hotel everything was flawless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Leela Palace New Delhi? Share your experiences!