“rockwell plaza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockwell Plaza

Save Saved
You added Rockwell Plaza to your Saves list
Rockwell Plaza
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   5/14 W.E.A. Ajmal Khan Road | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India (Biden Pura)   |
Ranked #106 of 812 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Gibraltar
“rockwell plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

the best hotel in delhi .....contact naraI stayed for a week in early December 2012 and had a great time. My room was really nice, I only saw mine and the staff were really helpful, especially Narayan. I was travelling alone and the staff gave me good advice abt places to see and organised a trip for me and seemed to care about my safety. Its not the cheapest but from my experience I would rather pay more for the security and location that they offered.yn g.c. for more information

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Plantation, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I did not select this hotel, as it was part of a 9 day tour package of India booked through Caper India Tours. Although Caper I would highly recommend, this hotel I would not rate it well.

Rooms: adequate, clean, TV cable good. Inconsistent styles, as some rooms had security boxes in the rooms, some did not. The staff was helpful in assisting me. One room had a fan that blows air in the bathroom. Not a good idea. Keeps bathroom hot. Rooftop bar: Disgusting. Planned to go get a beer there, terrible. Tables dirty and full of grime. Decided to return to room and stay there. After spending 2 one-night stays there, I opted to go elsewhere. After returning for the second evening, I foolishly decided to have their breakfast. Three hours later as we were driving to Jaipur, I had an emergency. As much as I believed the hotel was not clean, I foolishly had breakfast there. I asked Caper to remove me from there for the last two evenings in New Delhi. Personally, I did not have a positive review of this hotel. Many on Trip Advisor did. You decide. As for Caper India Tours:

If ever returned to India, I would definitely deal with Caper India Tours. Contact Mumtaz Khan. Very communicative. Great price for a 9 day tour: Amritsar, New Delhi, Jaipur and Agra for less than $800 USD. Included 3-star hotels, driver, tour guides in cities, and more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here with a group of 20people for two nights (through Djoser travel agency). Not all staff spoke English (mainly the reception) but they were all very friendly and smiley. It's always nice to come back to the hotel after a long day and feel welcome. This hotel is located near a busy market street, which is really nice if you want to go shopping or buy souvenirs. There are nice restaurants, atm's, metro and even Mc Donalds, all very close. It's less appealing at night, as many people sleep on the streets, so it might be frightening for female solo travelers to walk there late at night. I stayed on the first floor and had no problems whatsoever, however my fellow travellers who stayed on the 3rd floor had some issues with water and air-conditioning (staff fixed it the next day). There is also free wifi (lobby & 1st floor). The only downside is the rooftop terrace (not much atmosphere and only water or beer available). With regards to safety and breakfast, very hostel-like, but overall a very nice hotel for Indian standards.

Room Tip: Dont book a room on the ground floor, there is a tv in the lobby (but concierge can turn down the vo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, good value for money. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they arranged for a driver to take me around Delhi for the day, at a good rate.
It is the perfect location to start your trip in Delh,i as for what it is: colourful, noisy,friendly, and magical.
Would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
the Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel a full week in march 2013; for our next visit to New Dehli we do not need to lfind another hotel,we want to go back to Rockwell Plza, for the room on the backside, first floor, for the hospitality, the breakfast, for the reception staff eg., Naryan,Stapal Rana and Rahul Negi and for the location, excellent the Karol Bag street/shops and very close to the metro.
Tineke /Jurjen, the Netherlands

Room Tip: Rooms at the backside are more quiete
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Simferopol, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hello! We were in Rockwell Plaza for 2 days in May 2013 & found it very good. Very nice rooms with AC & Wifi, very good food, very convenient location & very nice & friendly personnel. Karol Bagh is very good region to stay in Delhi. This Hotel is really good. We were first time in Delhi & this Hotel was like a little home for us there. The personnel was very friendly. They all time help us in any matters arised in very friendly, co-operative manner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rockwell Plaza? Share your experiences!