“WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel West Inn
Cottage 11, New Delhi 110008, India (Minto Road)   |
Ranked #511 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, Singapore
“WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

If you like to walk in a room to smell midew, stay here. If you like bed sheetsand towels with pubic hair and other unknown stains, stay here. If you like repeatdly asking front desk for the password for wifi only to be told we will get back to you and they don't, stay here. If you like cold showers, stay here. If you like watching cockroaches in your room, stay here. If you like being served breakfast in the basement (very poor lighting), stay here. If you like to have pushy hotel staff selling you tours, stay here. IF YOU WANT A TERRIBLE ACCOMODATION EXPEREINCE IN NEW DELHI, STAY HERE. How this place became a hotel is a mystery.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I am South African, and just arrived back to South Africa. In Delhi I stayed at the Hotel West Inn, it was clean and neat. Staff was very friendly.
I have heard that new management as taken over, and everything to me looks tip top.

I am also a travel agent based in South Africa, and I will book my clients in this hotel since I have experience the stay at the above hotel.

Meg Pillay

Room Tip: Standard room was great
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Well i stayed in this hotel for three nights and the service provided by the hotel staff was the true example of the hospitality.I would definately reccomend all my friends and relatives to stay in your hotel who are planning to travel in India.Wishing all good luck to management and staff you treated us very well.

Room Tip: For good prices and service talk to Sunil Or Vikas
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I, like many other travelerers it seems, booked this hotel based on the brilliant reviews on this website. Too bad, that I did not realise that all the 5 star reviews had been given by users who have not submitted any other material on this website. I am absolutely convinced that these people / this person is someone working for West Inn hotel.

In reality the place is horrible. When me and my friend stayed at West Inn, we
-found that the bedlinen had not been washed, there were stains and pubic hair in them
-could not use the balcony of our room because it was completely and thorougly covered by birds' excrements.
-found the staff friendly in the first place, but soon realised that they were heavily trying to persuade us to buy some more travel services from them, to book accommodation to elsewhere in India from them etc. They managed to make us hire a taxi from them, only to realise that the driver was reluctant to take us to many places to India and only wanted to take us to 'the owner of the hotel' or something, to discuss our further plans in India. When we refused and got back to our hotel, we received an angry phone call from someone working for the hotel, asking for an explanation, why we had not gone to that travel shop. (Obviously, we had never agreed to go there)

The only reason we stayed in this hotel for this one night was that we had paid for this beforehand already, and we tired to go and look for anything else.

All in all, I recommend everyone to stay away from this place. If in doubt, check out the reviews on this website, from users who have submitted many reviews, not from the ones who have only posted one.. then you should get a clearer picture of this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Daly City, CA 94015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I booked this place based on all the good reviews on this site. What a mistake. They were clearly written by the staff or their friends/family. So my stay in India was terrible in general. This place is truly a nightmare. The place smells like crap and the staff were rude. Do not be deceived by the pictures and STAY AWAY. You really don't want to see what this place really looks like

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed in West Inn numerous times during my trips to Delhi and I recommend it without hesitation to any traveler. It is clean, with friendly and professional staff, very centrally located (near Sadipur metro station), with nice and spacious rooms, AC, TV, etc. On top of it all, the price of the rooms is very logical and its services is worth it. I will, for sure, visit it again!
Spyridon Toufexis, Athens, Greece

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Really can't complain about this hotel! For the price the room was adequate. Clean and good facilities. They provided a great service which made our trip to India easy and memorable!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel West Inn? Share your experiences!