“Don't make a reservation. You might end up somewhere else” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel New Hindustan International DX
and 1 more site!
You added Hotel New Hindustan International DX to your Saves list
Hotel New Hindustan International DX
2503 Nalwa Street,Chuna Mandi | Near Jyoti Mahal Guest House, Paharganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #242 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
“Don't make a reservation. You might end up somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

First of all I might say I didn't actually stayed. When arriving, the directions are wrong. When they say left is the other left, so right. I went to reception and they guy was reading the newspaper. Didn't want to move a finger and made a call and said no more rooms available. But conveniently they have another location. When I arrived to the other location twy had my reservation. So, it is a cover. The second location, new king, is much worse than the original, and of course te same price. This procedure should be banned from these kind of sites.

• Stayed August 2012

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Even though you know you are arriving in India and it won't be a five-star, but this was the limit. We've been traveling before and know what to get for a certain price, but this was way to much overpriced and was rank. They changed the name of the hotel just before the season, to make sure people would book it again. This guesthouse is down in a back alley and smells like piss and you don't feel safe walking there at night time. The pictures are not comparable to what you get and are probably taken in 1960. Our bathroom was dirty, ac hardly worked, and the sheets were minging. I bet they write all the good reviews themselves, or are written by people who wanted an extra night free accomodation (this is what you get when you write an good review).

The guy was nice, but there is a scam going on. We didnt plan anything, so he gave us some advice and let the taxi driver bring us to his booking office, even though we wanted to go to the DttDc office. We didnt book through them and from that point on he wasn't nice to us anymore and hardly paid any attention to us.

Train tickets are possible and you pay way too much if you book through them. So make sure you don't do it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

our room was absolutely filthy and the toilet was really awful with no running water when we arrived and power cuts(which i know isn't the hotels fault) - the staff were helpful though
The location is really dangerous and dirty

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I recieved amazing service at this hotel. The room was clean and the bathroom was great. Also it had the most comfortable bed that i have slept on in all of India, Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. The staff is excellent. They will help you with anything you ask. A wake up call to a taxi to the airport and it wont be late. The management will help you find your way through to all the sight seeing as well. Definitely go here.

Bear in mind that with this hotel. You are in India, not a 5 star New york city hotel. yes the hotel is in a back alley near a bazaar but thats because of its location on earth! the location in Delhi is great its just a minutes walk from the metro and i rode that to Red Fort which was very peaceful and clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and company here at the Hotel New Hindustan. Sure, it's not the Hilton and you aren't even paying for a Ramada, but just off the main Bazaar, it's a much more quiet and well lit street. The Lobby is cozy and especially the staff. I think that overall, being in India some odd things may occur; mainly rickshaw drivers insisting you visit a shop just to "look around". However all things have their purpose and I would say, when you find comfort and friendliness, like at the New Hindustan as I found, you take it and embrace it. The rooms were clean and neat. The bathroom was fine in comparison to other places I've been in the past several months, but I would suggest that they look into either touching them up or improving what they can about them

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
RaviAjay, Owner at Hotel New Hindustan International DX, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I will make sure you get a newly re-designed bathroom.
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

We were moved here after our triple room at the hotel New King never appeared. It's down a poky, smelly alley off the main bazaar. The room was filthy especially the toilet which was literally caked with... Well, I wish it was still left up to my imagination. The air con didn't work, best thing about the place was being undercharged. Don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2011
My apologies to you on your experience while your stay here.
I have taken this property on lease from November 2011 on wards and with my previous records with other properties I've worked, I am bound to keep my reputation by providing the guests with a comfort, hygiene & value for money whenever they stay with us.

The renovation of our property has already been started.
I look forward to meet you in person whenever you are back in Delhi, even if you do not want to stay with us, kindly take the time out and experience the changes we have made.
Thanking you
ravi@soon.com
Peterborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My partner and I visited here at the end of July 2011. We were sent a taxi driver pick us up from the airport by the hotel which was included in our bill (unlicenced taxi). On the way back the taxi driver pulled over down a dodgy side street and refused to continue unless we paid him 200 rupees. We had no choice to pay it because he rang someone on his mobile when we first refused to. Very intimidating situation. We arrived at the hotel and were given a cold bottle of water which was kind of them however we were made to wait an hour for the manager to arrive. Outwardly and to the naive person he comes across as extremely pleasant and helpful however all he is doing is trying to sell his tours and make you go to a tourist office he is affiliated with. We had booked all our activities in India off our own back before arriving to the country, including all railway tickets which we purchased from cleartrip.com. He told us that our tickets would be fake and we should cancel them and go on one of his 'safe tours.' The tickets were absolutely fine so he lied. He then proceeded to tell us we had to sleep for two hours and come back to him so he could sort us out a 'real' tour. Once we had said no his demeanor changed. Everytime we went into the lobby the staff would ring the manager and make us talk to him. The manager would ask us where we were going and why we hadn't booked a tour with him. Even when we checked out he had one last attempt and when we told him we had booked our own taxi tour he pretty much hung up on us.

Added to this our room was dirty. Staff hung round outside our room and laid about on sofas all day. We recieved a call to our room late at night (11pm) regarding tours. Workmen started banging about right outside our window in the hotel from 8pm to 1130pm. Our AC stopped working and night at about 3am there was a loud explosion, glass shattering and screaming and shouting. This place is very intimidating to stay at and has a very bad atmosphere about it. We have stayed at many places across India and this is the worst.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
My apologies to you on your experience while your stay here.

The renovation of our property has already been started.
Thanking you
ravi@soon.com

Been to Hotel New Hindustan International DX? Share your experiences!