Let me start by saying that I'm not the sort of person who complains about something unless seriously pushed to do so.
It's one of those times when you decide to deviate from your preferred hotel brand and try something new - on a recent visit to New Delhi, my girlfriend and I chose to stay at the White Klove. We consulted Trip Advisor prior to booking and received mixed reviews about the place, and were warned that the hotel's spa was under renovations.
I phoned the GM (I can't remember his name now!) and was assured that by the time I visited the spa would be ready for use. After a hectic tour of Udaipur, Jaipur and Agra, we just wanted to chill out in Delhi and pamper ourselves. Word of advice - NEVER fall for anything this hotel claims!
1. Proximity to RK Ashram Metro Station
1. The rooms are filthy - we were shown 3 rooms and were disgusted by all ... two had dead cockroaches in them and curry stains all over the carpets. The bed covers smelled musty and were also stained (don't want to know with what!). None of the rooms had windows!!! After threatening to cancel our booking and find another hotel (it was 1AM at this point, we had been waiting to check in for an hour and a half), the manager on duty finally offered to "upgrade" our room free of charge. Tired and frustrated we accepted, and fortunately the new room wasn't ravaged by cockroaches or curry.
2. Staff attitude is horrible - it's almost like walking into a bureaucrat's office...! There isn't an iota of professionalism; but a laid-back, hands-in-the-air attitude which added to our despair.
3. Please do not eat the breakfast unless you're a pig that can stomach anything.
We spent minimal time at this hotel, using it only to sleep for a few hours each night. If you're in Delhi and have run out of options to stay, and White Klove is the only one left - take my advice, spend the night out on the streets .... much more charming perspective, and you won't waste 3,000 bucks.
IMPORTANT: The White Klove in New Delhi needs a serious healthy and safety inspection for the absolute disregard for hygiene, fire hazard safety measures and inadequacy of ventilation and air circulation in the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Klove is situated in close proximity to key areas. It is a 30-minute drive from the airport, 5-minutes from city center Caunaught Place. It is 15 minutes from the red fort and Jama masque. It is a very contemporary, stylish and a busy urban junction, the accommodations are models of refined luxury, personal touch and superior amenities and services. Moti mahal Rajputana restaurant is the perfect night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The White Klove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.