“Travel Crazy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wood Castle

You added Wood Castle to your Saves list
Wood Castle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8A/7G WEA, Channa Market, | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #20 of 612 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Travel Crazy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have recently visited new delhi for some official work & was recommended this hotel. It was such nice experience. Staff of the hotel are so courteous. I found that even owners of the Hotel are very busy in personally attending the occupants of the hotel. It was nice to see that owners of the hotel are rushing out of their cabin to see that the needs of the travelers are met with immediately. The rooms are so clean like five star hotels. The beds are equipped with heaters which are very comfy in winter season of delhi. Majority of Europeans preferred this hotel. Evening in lobby is really amazing

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I with my family stayed in this Hotel. the premises of the hotel is so clean that i had not seen before. The owner of the hotel always give warm welcome to every guest who entered in to the hotel.We decided to visit Agra to see Taj Mahal but to manage our tour they helps us and arranged our tour so nicely. All the foriegnnationals stays in this hotel.They get all security and proper guidence at the desk.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Woodcastle was by far the nicest place I stayed on my one month trip to India. I read the other reviews before i arrived and used the handy map on the website so finding the hotel was not a problem.

Once inside there is a comfortable lounge area where you can relax, watch tv, read books or spend time chatting to other travellers or the truly nice staff. The staff are keen to share their life stories with you so that travellers experience the real India and so they can make friends of those that stay.
The rooms are of a high standard; the beds are extremely comfortable and the sheets and towels clean and soft. The rooms had many tv channels and these were most entertaining after a long day travelling.

The food service was clean, quick and tasty. And I was given many cups of chai and nut biscuits. :)

The staff, rooms, food and service were fantastic. The whole building was regularly cleaned with disenfectant and good cleaning cloths. Very clean place!

Javad even emailed me to see if i had returned to london safely as i had to cut my trip short due to some bad news. The staff were all very kind and genuinely wanted to look after me and ensure I was ok.

I will definitely be returning to wood castle and will be telling all my friends and family about the place.

Don't hesitate! Just book in :)

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

we staying right now at this lovelly hotel. we can't belive that is so quite here. the room is great like the other review promise to you ;)
good location very close to the rail station and metro.
we will come again!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great hotel with great staff. Had a small issue with the rickshaw driver not being able to find the hotel (a usual scam in Delhi). However once I called the hotel, Rajesh(the manager) arranged for a member of staff to come and find the rickshaw and direct it to the hotel. Great service! Once inside the hotel you have a reception area which is a great place to get to know other travelers and pick up some useful information. I met Javeed there who arranged my travel plans at a very decent rate for the next 10 days. Javeed arranged a driver for me by the name of Nath. He is now just known as the legend. An absolutely lovely man who managed to fit in everything I wanted to do in a small space of time. Also I never felt unsafe travelling around India when I had Nath by my side. The after sales service by Javeed/Rajesh is phenomenal. Even though I had paid for my entire trip in advance there was no drop in service once they had the money. Javeed calling on a regular basis to make sure the trip went as planned. On my return to Delhi I again stayed at Woodcastle and it felt sort of like returning to a home away from home. Hotel/Room/Food/Service were all fantastic. Travel plans arranged by Javeed were also fantastic. Nath, the driver, was a total legend. I think the nicest touch was even after I left Delhi to go to Mumbai, with no plans to return to Delhi, I received regular phone calls from all involved just to make sure i was ok. Also stayed in regular contact since I have been home which is over 2 months ago!! You may go to Woodcastle just looking for a bed but you will leave with a whole new bunch of friends that do their utmost to make your stay in India a perfect one

Room Tip: Make sure you have the phone number of the hotel so you can call them to get directions if needed. M...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mendoza, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Wonderful hotel highly rated for a reason. The owners and all the staff in general make you feel so comfortable and special, beside it has all the amenities and services top class, for ensuring your stay in Delhi unforgettable.
I believe (after spending 1 week in Delhi) that the location is great and unbeatable, since Karol Bagh neighborhood is quiet (a bonus in Delhi), safe and close to the Metro that takes you to Connaught Place (Delhi's downtown) in 10-15 minutes. The hotel's facilities are exceedingly immaculate, the room is big and the bed is really comfortable as well as the pillows, the breakfast is cooked on guest's demand, varied and very tasty. I didn't try lunch or dinner, but I saw that the menu was varied with cheap prices.
I would highly recommend to arrange any desired tour in Wood Castle front desk. The price is very reasonable and the service offered is truly amazing and 100% satisfactory.
I am looking forward to be back soon!
Room tips: I booked in the super deluxe room (500 rps more expensive than the standards) and it was totally awesome, worth the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed twice here, in February and March 2013. We were warmly welcomed and felt immediately like we were at home.
People are the perfect hosts, helping you in any kind of issue you might have. Everything was made to have the most comfortable stay . Delicious food, driver to hire for the day to easily discover the city, nice and quiet room...
Warm conversation, interesting advice and a local perspective were a big help and much appreciated.
A really lovely experience staying in a nice quiet area of Delhi.
And before arriving, all communications went smoothly and their driver was always there when our flights arrived. This place is a real gem in busy Delhi and we would definitely come back here again when we visit

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wood Castle? Share your experiences!