“They canceled my reservation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Amaaya

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amaaya
You added Amaaya to your Saves list
D 36 , Nizamuddin east, New Delhi 110013, India (Minto Road)   |
Special Price
AMAAYA DROPS TARIFF!!
Ranked #14 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“They canceled my reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I did not have the opportunity to stay here, as the proprietor canceled my reservation to take accommodate a longer booking request.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Staying at Amaaya was perfect for us - our hostess Ruma was so helpful in advising us on where to shop, setting us up on a fantastic walking tour of Old Delhi, recommending restaurants - everything. With advance notice, she arranged for us to have dinner in, so after a long day of walking we did not need to go out again for dinner. She could not have made our stay any better.
The apartment itself is lovely. Two beautiful rooms with private baths, and use of a shared living room. Very clean, lots of hot water, delicious breakfast. The dinners that the housekeeper Sylvie cooked for us were traditional Indian food made with the freshest ingredients, not too spicy for the western palate. Staying with an Indian family was especially wonderful for our two teenage children, but I would recommend Amaaya to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We only stayed 1 night . Warm wellcome and very useful information about what to visit & where to go shopping . Worthwile trying if you want to spend time with a Delhi's family & are eager to discuss. Worthwile also if you are travelling with children as this give them a hint about how you live in Delhi . Very well located in a very residential neighbourhood.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Lausanne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

We felt staying at Aamaya as a privilege. The neighborhood is calm, protected, practical; the house furnished with antique elegant pieces; the balcony full of plants and extraordinary birds; the room quiet and clean. An perfect place where to rest after walks and visits. Most important, the host is a so delicate, attentive and helpful person! We have been received as friends. She facilitated in all the manners our discovery of Delhi and made our stay as pleasant and confortable as possible.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Ruma, the owner is amazing - she went above and beyond. She made sure I ate after my trip at a wonderful cafe around the corner, helped me plan a day of sightseeing in Delhi and assisted in getting me back to the airport. Her place is full of beautiful art objects in every corner, the room and bathroom were spacious and extremely clean (cleaner than my own home!). It felt as if I were staying with friends - as a solo traveler in India, that alone is a wonderful thing. The breakfast was delectable with fresh food and it was in a bright sunny room, a great place to draw in my journal. The whole experience makes me want to go straight back to India... I would highly recommend Amaaya to anyone who wants a safe, quiet, beautiful place to stay in New Delhi, even if it means that I can't get a room because the secret gets out!
namaste, Jennifer

san francisco, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

As a woman traveling alone, I wanted a safe place to stay. Amaaya was my home away from home. Ruma and I became good friends by the end of my 8-day trip and I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I go to Delhi. A delicious served in the sunlit dining room each morning and then, one is free to explore the city. Amaaya is centrally located near Humayun's Tomb and is a quick auto-rickshaw ride from all the major centres of New Delhi. It is a serene oasis in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of Delhi. Each room has a private balcony overlooking a quiet street. You won't be disappointed if you stay there.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

This place is a gem. The owner and her daughter are friendly, helpful, and fun, and the apartment is understated and beautiful. Best of all is the food - simple vegetarian Indian food bursting with flavor. They fed me right off the plane, and that first spoonful might have been the best moment of my vacation! Nizammudin is not my favorite neighborhood, but there's plenty to do and transportation elsewhere is easily available and cheap.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Amaaya? Share your experiences!