“They took care of us like Family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Devna

Save Saved
You added Devna to your Saves list
Devna
10, Sunder Nagar, (Right Side, Smaller Gate), New Delhi 110003, India (Minto Road)   |
Ranked #33 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Bakersfield, California
“They took care of us like Family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

They took care of us like family!
We booked The Devna Hotel for our last 2 nights in Delhi after a wonderful and yet exhausting 3 week adventure in India, before flying back home to the U.S. After finding it in the Lonely Planet, we are so glad we did! It is located in a quiet “green and clean” area of Delhi which is nearly impossible to find in this loud and littered City. The place is uniquely filled to the brim with antiques and old yellowed photographs of interesting characters of India’s past. The rooms in this small hotel are elegant, classy, and comfortable. It is like something out of Architectural Digest Magazine, without the usual boring predictable hotel décor. Morning breakfast is served buffet style out in their lovely patio.
BUT…!!!! It was the extreme care that the staff gave us that distinguished them from any hotel I have ever stayed! David and the chef were particularly helpful. Hours before we arrived, my husband got sick with travelers dysentery and was sicker than a dog. (Fortunately he waited to get sick till the end of our trip.) The next 24 hours, I played nurse and our hotel room turned into a hospital room. They arranged for a nearby pharmacy to deliver medicine within an hour of our request. Their chef custom made special dishes for my husband as he began to take food again, even Googling recipes for rice pudding that we asked for. In short, they treated us like family…a royal family! Our experience taught me how vitally important it is that one stay in a hotel that really cares for their guests, especially when traveling in a foreign country! In the future, I will book the Devna every time I travel to India and consider it my Delhi home!

Room Tip: We only saw the upstairs room that we stayed in and it was great. We initially had difficulty findi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am European and this was my first contact with Asia. When I arrived to Devna, I learned that I can relax and enjoy in every moment I spend there: food, room, garden, and very warm Indian hospitality. I got a lot of very useful advices that every tourist has. Thus, I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't think, just go there and enjoy!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

A most beautiful place - the rooms have character, the reception is full of antiques and curios. The breakfast in the garden is a good as it gets. Wonderful and definitely a place I will return to on my next trip/.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited India very first time and was stunned to get my expectation be exceeded. I was accommodated in Devna and found it very tranquil not apposite word for a hotel but yes a place called ecstasy. The environment is inexplicable but really an exquisite place to stay. The room was very alluring and comfortable that fulfills my requirements.
I was amazed with the greeting by Mr. Manoj the prodigy and the superb service provided by him. He arranged and managed everything for us that made us grateful to him. Even the maid (forgot her name) left a mark in my mind with her delicious foodstuff.
I had a glimpsed meet with the owners, Mr. Atul and Devna, as well and found them extraordinary with their surprising gift.
I would love to stay there whenever I visit back to delhi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

As this was my first visit to India, I had mixed expectations with regards to accommodation and selected Devna in New Delhi as it had garnered many positive reviews. I was not at all disappointed, in fact I found the place absolutely charming - packed full of character, and excellent service - I found it to be a re-assuring sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of New Delhi.
Upon arrival we were given a lovely greeting by David and the team, and were given some great tips by the owner of the establishment with regards to places to visit, one of which included the vibrant and arty district - Haus Khaz.
The hotel itself is situated in the area of Sundar Nagar which is a peaceful and tranquil - some may say exclusive - part of the city, only a short tuc-tuc journey away (appr. 10 mins) into the beautiful chaos of central New Delhi.
Our room was a good size - I was travelling with two friends, which meant using an extra bed for one of us - but it was more than comfortable! As we visited during the "off-season" we were give a good rate.
I would recommend a visit to Devna to absolutely anyone who is looking to be eased into their experience in India as it provides the right blend of heritage and quirky touches, with great service and attention to detail.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Devna is as cozy as you can imagine! Anyone who stays there would recommend it to others. Located in one of the finest areas of Delhi, Devna comes along with a promise of excellent service, fabulous ambience and awesome food to all of its guests..
Would surely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Devna in April 2013 and the place was just amazing - a real sanctuary in the middle of New Delhi. The Devna is located in Sundar Nagar, one of the nicest neighborhoods in Delhi. It is walking distance from a few excellent restaurants (notably, Baci, an Italian restaurant) and a 5 minute drive by taxi or rickshaw to Khan Market. The hotel itself is very small - just 4 rooms which makes it really nice and cozy. Excellent breakfast in the courtyard and super-nice and helpful staff make this one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Devna? Share your experiences!