“Potentially a nice hotel, but our stay wasn't great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Apartment 52

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Apartment 52
You added Apartment 52 to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52, Hanuman Road, | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #152 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Ottawa
“Potentially a nice hotel, but our stay wasn't great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. Our ground floor room faced the entrance to the hotel and the huge window meant anyone entering the hotel could easily see our ENTIRE room. Not wanted to keep the curtains closed the entire day, we asked for a new room and were told 'maybe' we could change the following day. The following day we were told the hotel was fully booked, but we later saw empty rooms. The odd thing was that some friends were staying on a higher floor and had frosted glass windows, so not sure why our windows weren't frosted. Our shower door was hard to close, which caused leaking every time we showered and our toilet sprayer would slowly leak, meaning the bathroom was a watery mess most of the time. I was also surprised, given the price we paid for the hotel, that rooms weren't cleared every day.

We also had run ins with staff. After my first breakfast, I had to give my room number but had forgotten it. I offered to quickly run upstairs to check the room number or to leave a note providing my full name so the hotel manager could just cross-reference with my reservation, but kitchen staff got really flustered made a huge deal about this.

There was also a bellboy who kept on coming to my room to try to refill the mini-bar, even after I repeatedly told him we didn't want it refilled. He actually tried to come into the room while I was fully naked and yelling 'Don't come in!' - luckily the door was locked. Granted his English wasn't great, but in a hotel full of Westerners, I would hope that staff would be trained not to go into rooms unless let in.

Staff also went out of their way to make tips, insisting on helping where their help wasn't needed and then demanding tips. This is not something we experienced in the 12 other hotels we stayed at in India.

Overall, I think the hotel has potential to be great, but I expected more for the price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
K.L.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

This is my second time staying in this apartment. 1st time was last year in Feb, during their new opening. There are no sign board for this apartment, the only ladmark is at Hanuman Road, Connaught place and next to Dr.Lal Pathlabs.

Rooms are nice, modern designed and well maintained. Staff are friendly. Breakfast is simple only.

The location is great as only walking distance to restaurants and pubs. Good value for money compared to other hotels in Delhi. And the best thing, WiFi is Free and is very fast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

We had a large family event with about 50 guests arriving from Europe, and most of them stayed here.
While the rooms are definitely great value - very clean, modern design, spacious, staff was less pleasant. They kept asking for tips, sometimes being pretty insistent. When our guests were checking out, many found small items on the bill that the management just included "by mistake". They weren't very flexible with late arrivals/departures either. We booked the whole hotel for several days and were expecting more flexible service.
While I don't regret choosing this hotel, future guests should pay special attention to the final bills and agree on all services that are/are not included beforehand.

• Stayed October 2009

Been to Apartment 52? Share your experiences!