“Great place and good food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apartment 52

Save Saved
You added Apartment 52 to your Saves list
Apartment 52
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52, Hanuman Road, | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #113 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
bangalore
“Great place and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Was a good place to stay on our 3 day business visit. Room was clean and the staff very polite and helpful. The room service food and buffet breakfast was spot on. Overall a very satisfying stay without any problems.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Down the back of Connaught Place. Would never have stayed here if I was a lone female traveller although the entrance is locked and guarded by 24hr security. Clean hotel, good night's sleep if you can bear the heat. Breakfast was varied and did enjoy the potato pancake type thing but I was reluctant to eat anything out of fear of developing Delhi-belly and did not take the plunge in trying new things. Nice, cheery staff. Bedrooms large with mini bar, air con, telly, safe. Bathroom nice but no air con in there, shower did overflow but not a major problem. Would recommend to couples, business people but not lone backpackers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I don't have any complaints about the hotel. I was in India in the summer, and while many people complain about having hot water, the problem was to have cool water to take a shower :D
The taxi driver had trouble finding the place, but apparently this is VERY common in New Delhi, according to the reviews I had read, so I didn't mind, just push the driver until he stops in front of the place. The rooms had a safe and an additional sliding lock from inside, which I read is recommend – in another hotel in Delhi, with electronic keys, someone simply opened the door when I was resting in the afternoon. Again, not the first to say this, most probably not the last.
The staff was very friendly, but IMH who cares, if the rest is bad. Breakfast was just ok, one type of fruit, one type of juice, and 4 types of Indian food. It was served in the room in 2 days of my stay, perhaps because of low occupancy.
The place is walking distance from metro station, and there rickshaws less than 50 meters from the hotel, so it's very easy to go around.
I booked through hotels.com, at the end I think it was a bit expensive, but it was a safe choice for the first nights in Delhi. Like other reviewers said, unless you're an experienced back packer with very low requirements for comfort and cleanliness, don't try to go cheap in India, you will be quickly disappointed: D Another reviewer said "standards equals to 5 star hotel", that's a quite an exaggeration, but I can recommend the hotel based on comfort, cleanliness and safety; these are the major issues I value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on a business visit in Feb 2012. Had trouble locating the hotel from the airport with taxi driver eventually found it to be amidst a residential area but close to main streets.It has a gated door which the guard had to open before entry and really it is a block of "residential" building converted into say a Guest House. Room is well decorated and looked new but strange the toilet seat of my room was old & stained. Breakfast was good, staff friendly & helpful and overall value for money for the room price paid. I would stay again if I am next in Delhi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed in this beautiful place in February 2012 with my husband as we were in our honey moon. Dont let the outside of this building desapoint you...because you are in for a surprise when you walk in! The room was beautiful..confortable ,very well decorated, and very clean! We were greeted with a smile every single day...the honesty that this beautiful people have shown ..I will for ever treasure..They went out of their way to track us as we left valuables in the room ..they manage to find the last number we have dialed from reception the night before so they could contact our taxi driver to bring us back to the hotel , as we were in the way to Delhi airport, so they could return my bracelet that I have left behind..you do not find beautiful people like this everyday.. If I ever go back to Delhi I will for sure be staying at apartment 52:) . Aarty , ( manager) Thank you...Lurdes - Sydney Australia

Room Tip: we have stayed in a suite. It was perfect
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is located walking distance to Rajiv Stn, metro station. The hotel is super clean with good security and quiet. Room and bathroom are spacious. TV channel in the room following international hotel tv channel. Small kitchen with microwave, small fridge are available. WiFi is available for free and it is pretty fast! If you wish to book a regular taxi from the hotel to the airport, the hotel will charge INR800 one way and this is very expensive. Staff is friendly and they even called to our room at 10:00 a.m. invite for a breakfast. When I said I want to skip my breakfast, the front desk said: "breakfast is very important sir to start your day". :) And somehow its true! Thanks!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the road side
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is my 3rd time in New Delhi and I've tried a few other hotels, all of them more expensive than Apartment 52. This one is my favorite hotel so far and I've booked it again for my trip next week. Another reviewer said it had "zero hotel feel" but I think it's a normal small hotel with a tiny lobby and lower level breakfast room. The rooms are decorated in a hotel style, not like someone's home or a service apartment. This hotel was very clean, especially by India standards. The hotel is near a large mosque, so you will hear the call to prayer a few times a day. There is not much surrounding the hotel, but it is easy to get a tuk tuk for 100-200 to take you anywhere you want. The internet and the AC worked VERY well by India standards and the hotel staff was friendly enough though you shouldn't expect concierge level service. Breakfast was included but it's not a buffet - you need to place an order and then wait for them to make it. I prefer a buffet but because the hotel is small they only cook to order. I am a 30 something woman traveling alone and the hotel is very secure because it is gated with 24 hour security. FYI- There are a lot of nasty monkeys in the area, so don't leave your windows open.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Apartment 52? Share your experiences!