“Great, perhaps a little bit too expensive?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apartment 52

Save Saved
You added Apartment 52 to your Saves list
Apartment 52
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52, Hanuman Road, | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #120 of 597 Hotels in New Delhi
Helsinki, Finland
“Great, perhaps a little bit too expensive?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I don't have any complaints about the hotel. I was in India in the summer, and while many people complain about having hot water, the problem was to have cool water to take a shower :D
The taxi driver had trouble finding the place, but apparently this is VERY common in New Delhi, according to the reviews I had read, so I didn't mind, just push the driver until he stops in front of the place. The rooms had a safe and an additional sliding lock from inside, which I read is recommend – in another hotel in Delhi, with electronic keys, someone simply opened the door when I was resting in the afternoon. Again, not the first to say this, most probably not the last.
The staff was very friendly, but IMH who cares, if the rest is bad. Breakfast was just ok, one type of fruit, one type of juice, and 4 types of Indian food. It was served in the room in 2 days of my stay, perhaps because of low occupancy.
The place is walking distance from metro station, and there rickshaws less than 50 meters from the hotel, so it's very easy to go around.
I booked through hotels.com, at the end I think it was a bit expensive, but it was a safe choice for the first nights in Delhi. Like other reviewers said, unless you're an experienced back packer with very low requirements for comfort and cleanliness, don't try to go cheap in India, you will be quickly disappointed: D Another reviewer said "standards equals to 5 star hotel", that's a quite an exaggeration, but I can recommend the hotel based on comfort, cleanliness and safety; these are the major issues I value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on a business visit in Feb 2012. Had trouble locating the hotel from the airport with taxi driver eventually found it to be amidst a residential area but close to main streets.It has a gated door which the guard had to open before entry and really it is a block of "residential" building converted into say a Guest House. Room is well decorated and looked new but strange the toilet seat of my room was old & stained. Breakfast was good, staff friendly & helpful and overall value for money for the room price paid. I would stay again if I am next in Delhi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed in this beautiful place in February 2012 with my husband as we were in our honey moon. Dont let the outside of this building desapoint you...because you are in for a surprise when you walk in! The room was beautiful..confortable ,very well decorated, and very clean! We were greeted with a smile every single day...the honesty that this beautiful people have shown ..I will for ever treasure..They went out of their way to track us as we left valuables in the room ..they manage to find the last number we have dialed from reception the night before so they could contact our taxi driver to bring us back to the hotel , as we were in the way to Delhi airport, so they could return my bracelet that I have left behind..you do not find beautiful people like this everyday.. If I ever go back to Delhi I will for sure be staying at apartment 52:) . Aarty , ( manager) Thank you...Lurdes - Sydney Australia

Room Tip: we have stayed in a suite. It was perfect
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is located walking distance to Rajiv Stn, metro station. The hotel is super clean with good security and quiet. Room and bathroom are spacious. TV channel in the room following international hotel tv channel. Small kitchen with microwave, small fridge are available. WiFi is available for free and it is pretty fast! If you wish to book a regular taxi from the hotel to the airport, the hotel will charge INR800 one way and this is very expensive. Staff is friendly and they even called to our room at 10:00 a.m. invite for a breakfast. When I said I want to skip my breakfast, the front desk said: "breakfast is very important sir to start your day". :) And somehow its true! Thanks!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the road side
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is my 3rd time in New Delhi and I've tried a few other hotels, all of them more expensive than Apartment 52. This one is my favorite hotel so far and I've booked it again for my trip next week. Another reviewer said it had "zero hotel feel" but I think it's a normal small hotel with a tiny lobby and lower level breakfast room. The rooms are decorated in a hotel style, not like someone's home or a service apartment. This hotel was very clean, especially by India standards. The hotel is near a large mosque, so you will hear the call to prayer a few times a day. There is not much surrounding the hotel, but it is easy to get a tuk tuk for 100-200 to take you anywhere you want. The internet and the AC worked VERY well by India standards and the hotel staff was friendly enough though you shouldn't expect concierge level service. Breakfast was included but it's not a buffet - you need to place an order and then wait for them to make it. I prefer a buffet but because the hotel is small they only cook to order. I am a 30 something woman traveling alone and the hotel is very secure because it is gated with 24 hour security. FYI- There are a lot of nasty monkeys in the area, so don't leave your windows open.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Booked via the net in the winter months, which happen to be season months. From a price perspective I think it was a great deal. I loved the high speed free WIFI

The hotel - rather the service apartment is in the business district, very well done and very good decor. I really liked it. The staff was helpful, though not professional, tending to be loud and immersed in themselves. But some were good.

The room had a refrigerator, a micro and stuff, so I could get my food from outside and heat it and eat it which was very convenient. The bathroom was good, though the toiletries need hell of a improvement - very low quality and sub standard stuff.

The bed was nice, though on the first day, mine was laden with stands of long hair, guess they had not changed the linen to save costs, which is a regular feature of service apartments, especially in New Delhi. However when I made this mention the management quickly changed all of it and readied the room.

The entrance is a tad risky as they an automatic sliding gate, that is controlled by a gate keeper, but in my case for all the 4 days I stayed there, he was reading the news paper or chatting or looking the other way resulting in banging the door against me or not opening it all.

The laundry too came with shirts hanging on rusty hangers. I made this mention, and the staff was prompt enough to get the laundry redone and were very apologetic.

I guess the place is new and the staff needs training. Most behave as if they are house staff and in a residential bungalow.

The breakfast was not very good, very basic, usually cold and if 5 people came there was no place to sit. Also the used plates etc were piled right outside the entrance of the dining room which is in the basement. With whatever the breakfast available for 3 days I had a great and very helpful attendant and on one day, a sleepy fellow, who was busy watching cricket on TV and seemed least bothered about the empty buffet.

Nevertheless, great place, very niche and private, will to stay there again and again. Though I sincerely hope that the management puts trained and qualified staff or at least coaches them for professional behavior.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, but ask for rooms overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was staying is this service apartment from 22/Feb/2012 to 25/Feb/2012.
The Aparment is located in the heart of CP and is near to the Inner circle [CP] and walking distance to Rajiv Metro Station in CP & to pallika bazar. Ideal Location!
The Service from the reception Staff, namely Aarti and Neetu was warm and friendly!
They were kind enough to give me an upgrade to a deluxe room ! I saw all their rooms i.e the standard/deluxe/suite - no matter which you choose,all of them are spacious and comfortable rooms !
The bathroom was clean and all the toiletteries that one needs are provided.
The breakfast is tasty and filling ! Though the choice is limited, but its more then enough and quite filling. I have to say this-it would be good if the management paid some attention into making the bfast staff more efficent and the service fast - but despite this I have to say the staff are polite and cordial !
The marketting manager Ms.Aditi was very kind and called me quite a few times to make sure that I had everything I needed and that my stay was comfortable and upto the expectation ! I give then full marks for that ! Their manager Mr.Balwinder was also very cordial and was trying his best to make sure that the guests were happy and comfortable.
The nearest Airport Metro station is Shivaji Metro Station,from where a person can hire a Tuktuk and reach the hotel within 5 minutes ! Or its best to hire a prepaid taxi from the airport. Remember-take a turning in the lane beside the Allahbad Building[Next to Hotel park] and the moment u drive into the lane,you take a left turn in that lane, right there on the right side is 52 number building which in itself is Appt,52 !
I would definatly stay here during my next visit to New Delhi !

Room Tip: All the rooms are good - U can request them for a quite corner room and I am sure they will willingl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Apartment 52? Share your experiences!