“Value For Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Roi

You added Hotel Le Roi to your Saves list
Hotel Le Roi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2206, Raj Guru Road, Chuna Mandi | Paharganj, Near New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #80 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Value For Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had booked in advance and checked in late in the night. The surroundings are not that great as the location is in the middle of a busy whole sale market. The hotel stands out like an Oasis in a desert and the rooms and other facilities are very good. Staff is very attentive. Hotel is safe and family friendly. Toilets, Bed and etc., were clean and tidy. Room was made up on all the four days we stayed there. Location is very close to New Delhi railway station and RK Marg Metro.
Taxi to airport was arranged upon request and it arrived on the dot. Breakfast buffet is ok but the choice is limited. On the whole excellent VFM and if i am back in Delhi I will definitely stay here.

Keep it up Le ROi

Room Tip: Avoid street facing rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest.

We appreciate your kind words. We Endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests.

New Delhi, India

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arrived at the Hotel Le Roi very early in the morning (about 3 or 4am) and were slightly confused as to why the reception area was completely in the dark with no lights anywhere! The lights having been switched on, we went to our rooms and were pleasantly surprised to see they were very well decorated and furnished, and the following morning after opening the curtains we were treated to the sights of a man having a shave on the roof of the building opposite. Breakfast the following day was something of a magical mystery tour, there were some green roast potato-esque items which were edible enough, but we weren't offered any tea or coffee and had to pay for the privilege despite the room card saying breakfast was complimentary (the receptionist explained that this was because the website we booked the hotel through didn't include breakfast by default). Overall I'd say the Le Roi is adequate enough to sleep in, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay there any longer than necessary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had booked this hotel for my parents on 30th March 2013 for 1 Night, it is the best hotel in Paharganj near to New Delhi Railway station. They reached at 6am, checking was fast, and the room was very nice. Breakfast was too good with varieties. Location is also very good, everything is close by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is simply superb..well being a designer I prefer designs more than comfort, say curtains, cushions furniture and all other decor..and all of its rooms are well designed plus fully loaded with lots of services :-) I myself had spent a stay of night and also suggested to my few friends to go there for chill. 101 out of 100 from my side. Thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel was modern looking and clean. Some things were kinda strange - The shower had a huge window facing the bedroom WITHOUT A CURTAIN - so if I was staying with a friend rather than my husband I would be putting on a shower show for them! Very weird. The sink faucet was so close to the sink you could barely fit your hands under it. Don't get a room facing the street - the sounds of the street outside will keep you up... not sure if the other rooms not facing the street will be quiet enough though since we didn't stay in them. They seem to have put some money into this place - if only they would have invested some money in double paned windows to block the sound out....
The location was pretty good. Walk between 10-30 minutes for a variety of shopping or eating places.
The buffet breakfast was okay - some of the food was a little crispy it seemed from sitting too long.
My husband needed to see a doctor and they called one for us and a rickshaw to get to it within 30 minutes.
They also booked us a taxi to the airport for 475 rupees and it was on time.

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping with noise ask for a room away from the front street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

As per your post, we are working on it might be when you visit us next time it will be fully solved. Hope to see you again.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The place was clean and the location was good. They failed to pick my friend up from the airport, but that was the only major problem we had. I thought it was good for the price. I think we paid about $30 a night for 2 people. That also included breakfast, so I think it was worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest.

We apologies for airport p/up. We will try to improve our services. Hope we see you again in near future.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hi, My first impression was not good. I arranged for pick up at the airport for 800 rupees and the driver never showed up. I called the hotel twice at which point they insisted that I take a taxi instead since their driver was still 40 minutes away. I could have saved myself 40 minutes of frustration at the airport if I just took a taxi to the hotel. What really upset me was that they tried to blame me for giving them wrong flight information (which I did not) and were arguing with me about it. Bottom line was they didn't show.

The rest of my short two day stay was pleasant. The hotel is a simple modern building with little character. The water was hot and the restaurant was good. Although we paid to have breakfast included, they tried to bill us for it and we were glad to bring our printouts indicating free breakfast.

The street is dirty, busy, loud and chaotic, but hey, it's India, don't expect anything less.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Le Roi? Share your experiences!