“Le Roi - The King!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Roi

You added Hotel Le Roi to your Saves list
Hotel Le Roi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2206, Raj Guru Road, Chuna Mandi | Paharganj, Near New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #81 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Mauritius
“Le Roi - The King!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I choose this hotel after reading the comments on tripadvisor, and I decided to stay there once before my trip of northern India and once after the trip. The hotel inside was very nice, and the desk staff was helpful. Two things disappointed me with this hotel: the rooms were not exactly clean, there was dust on the tables. The second thing is that the service staff acted funny whenever they were looking at the young couples in the hotel - that was rude. I would really recommend the managers to better train the service staff for such situations!
I also checked other hotels around, and Le Roi definitely stand out for its better luxury.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your patronage and recognition of our value. I and my staff appreciate your kind words. We Endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests. Definitely, we will try to give some more training to our staff so no one face any awkwardness.

India

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am a frequent guest to the hotel and again stayed two nights there in early August. When I checked out, a front staff orally informed me INR650 as extra charge so I paid. But soon, I requested to print a bill since this is a business trip so I need receipt. Surprised, the bill showed only INR600, not INR650. So I asked the front staff then he said "you asked Rikishaw yesterday" what I never asked to hotel. After all, he returned INR50 but I guess he tried to cheat me. Better ask to print bills before you pay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

We have a word with you regarding the same. As we said, we will take a strict action against this. We won't allow to anyone to do these such things in the premises.

We assure you this thing won't happen again. Hope we will see you again

Kindly accept our apology.

Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed with my family after looking at there reviews in tripadvisor. The rooms are modern, comfortable and spacious. Polite staff and a very good restaurant. I enjoyed my at le roi. 100% recommeded.

• Stayed July 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great place exellent staff. And near to main bazaar and new Delhi railway station. Stayed for two nights. The breakfast is very good with decent variety. For sure will recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012

Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

From start to finish, check-in to check-out, everything was top notch. I would rate all categories a 5 with the exception of room comfort where I would rate a 4, and I could not rate the restaurant/cafe as I did not use those services. The staff was more than willing to go out of the way and had a can do attitude - a rarity among budget class hotels. This included not only the front desk/reception, but bell staff, room service, and housekeeping as well. Everyone that I encountered spoke understandable English - a plus for me as I speak very little Hindi. As far as the room, spotless and everything was in good repair and in order. The sheets on the bed were actually white! They looked brand new. Another thing you don't often find at economy fare hotels. Value for the money and for the area is standard, but considering what you get I'd be willing to pay even a bit extra. Speaking of the area, if you're not familiar with Pahar Ganj, do your research first. I actually like the energy it exudes at almost all hours. There is always some type of activity in the busy streets and shops. And the hotel is near major attractions as you will note from other reviews. Hot water was in abundance in the shower and sink, and amenities included dental and shaving kits, soap, shampoo, toilet tissue, and talc. Towels provided were clean as well. WiFi was free. Last item to note, the charge for a taxi to the airport was the least that I've encountered in my 3 years traveling between the area back and forth. Still more than the prepaid rate at the airport, but car had A/C and the driver spoke English. I will use this hotel for my bimonthly visits to Delhi from here out provided they continue to provide the excellent service and maintain facilities as mentioned above. Again, an excellent experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have just returned from 5 weeks travelling India. Hotel Le Roi was my final stop. I had not been there before, and since I had budgeted so well for most of my trip--and stayed in some pretty basic places, I had made a deal with myself. I was going to treat myself to a nice hotel in Delhi IF Hotel Le Roi was basic and not comfortable.
I am happy to report that the hotel offered excellent value for the return.
The room was modern, clean and spacious. The bed and tv were excellent--with many english channels. The bathroom was clean and offered toiletries and other amenities. There is a business center and computer for use free of charge.
The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent.
I booked with venere, so did not have the breakfast--but most of the guests had breakfast included in their price.
I also had a late night flight, so I was permitted to stay for the day in the hotel--for Half of the cost of the room--a very reasonable arrangement.
The only down side was the location just outside the hotel--its definately working class India. However, a short walk and you are in the market area of the train station--a very interesting place to be.
The walk to Connaught place is NOT 10 minutes, more like 30 minutes--but thats fine--its an interesting walk!
There are many chai stalls and street food vendors outside of the hotel as well.
The staff is very helpful and efficient.
My only complaint was that I was charged various rates for tea--paying 35 rupees sometimes, and 77 rupees other times....but thats not a big deal. :)
Overall--the room was EXCELLENT and the hotel a lovely Oasis.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room that is recently renovated...renovations are going on at hotel so you will...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your patronage and recognition of our value. I and my staff appreciate your kind words. We endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests. As per your complaint of tea prices we charge Rs 35 plus taxes which is come Rs 38.50 only. might be you have consumed two cup of tea so they charge you Rs 70 plus tax which is come Rs 77 Only.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

excellent......
room are nice and clean...good customer service........
location id good near to railway st and easy assess to bus service..
staff is very friendly and cooperative.......
food is very good love stay in hotel....
recommend everyone to stay in le roi.....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

India

Been to Hotel Le Roi? Share your experiences!