“ed 13% more than agreed by using Dynamic Currency Conversion.Denied doing it and refused refund. Be aware!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Piccadily Hotel New Delhi

You added Piccadily Hotel New Delhi to your Saves list
Piccadily Hotel New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Janakpuri District Centre Complex, New Delhi 110058, India (Formerly Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #87 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Wirral
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Please note I did not stay at this hotel due to this problem.I am not commenting on any of the facilties within or quality of rooms etc.
This hotel added over 13% to my expected charges by using Dynamic Currency Conversion.Some £76 higher than expected They then consistently denied they did this.I begged and pleaded with them to rectify the situation but they would not accept they ha,d done anything wrong.They emailed replies with outrageous lies blaming others. Additionally they said they did not have a copy receipt when I asked to see it but later produced it To Visa when challenged,.It showed the extortionate exchange rate together with the mark up that they take. I did a charge back on my credit card .I subsequently refused to stay at this hotel as I considered this a fundamental breach of the contract. Their unprofessional attitude to the situation and appalling attitude to me as a customer had damaged the business relationship. Despite polite and considered emails they refused to cancel the booking. They stopped answering my emails and followed up their lack of customer care by representing another charge as a no-show for an even higher amount, again using DCC. That puts a top hat on it. The emails I received made me feel the were enjoying being dismissive and oblivious to the impact on me. Shocking customer service and poor attitude.They could have resolved this easily but chose to treat a loyal customer very poorly. Hilton have lost a customer forever and I would warn all visitors to be wary of what is a blatant scam.I always say you can tell a lot about a business by the way it deals with a problem.This hotel just did not care.

I do expect an 'online' rebuttal of the circumstances from the hotel and I am happy to share my email evidence by private message, This was not a 'misunderstanding'.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during the entire reservation process. I am pleased that you are now in contact with our Front Office Manager and your concerns are being addressed as we publish this response. We expect a clear revert from the bank with regards to your refund within next 48 hours.

We thank you for your candid review and while we understand your sentiments, we hope there will be an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Sincerely, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Good food, Excellent location, Spacious rooms ,Quick prompt services, Excellent spread in breakfast what else to ask for !!

Airport is also nearby also no other choice of good hotels in nearby area.
Also a great option to organize meeting/conferences.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations and enjoyed the services provided by the hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Good amibience and good service. The location is also very comfortable as the Janakpuri Metro Station is bang opposite to the hotel. Rooms are very good and clean and the room service is very quick. Breakfast was very elobrative with lot of options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us is highly appreciated. I would like to thank you for encouraging and motivating comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri.

We look forward to your next visit.

new delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

its very centrally located..has good lobby ambience...staff is courteous...food is very good and has large menu options...strongly recommend the lunch buffet at the coffee shop..choice of cuisine at ZUNE restaurant is marvellous...overall nice place to stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel and I’m glad to know that you enjoyed the services provided.

We hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Delhi.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Good food n variety in the evening buffet spread. service is good & the team is cooperative with a fairly good sense of hospitality. The Coffey shop is cozy & well placed to spend some quality time. The location is good as the particular zone is not having any good hotel property.
Cheers!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your valuable. We truly appreciate your encouraging and motivating comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri.

We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

That was the best stay in my hilton group hotel, we stayed in june , a non-peak season of hotel coz of the terrible heat in Delhi, i can say the location is good just in between airport and city center, the facilities of hotel present it's 5 stars grading, we upgraded to the delux king suite in very low price, i really thanks for the staff with friendly and helpful actitude, the free cocktail and snack in evening at the bar was wonderful, lot of varity and healthy food in breakfast restaurant, professional chefs and staffs in restaurant made our stay so welcomed and comfortabel. Difficult to discrube the comfortness and happy we stay at the delux king suite which 66 m spacious room with separate living room, luxary and up-to-standard facilities make our stay make us feel better than home, we also tried the chinese restaurant , tasty chinese dishes even my chinese partner thumb-up. So impressied at this stay .

Room Tip: Get an executive room with breakfast and free drink in evening is the must deal, which rooms located...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Thank you for your view regarding your recent stay with us.

I’m truly happy to hear that you enjoyed the facilities provided by the hotel. It is always reassuring to learn that our efforts are being noted by those whom we count on the most, "our guests".

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to New Delhi.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice and the experience was pretty average on both the occasions. I usually have high expectations from a Hilton, but this was simply not up to the mark. I will be very brief and just jot down few points.

Pros:
- Good location. Proximity to the airport, takes about 15 mins without traffic to get there.
- Great ambiance in general.
- Good view from the room - had a city view room for the first time and pool view on second.

Cons:
- Rooms were average. During my 2nd stay, I was given a room which literally had rusted bathroom fittings some of which were not working properly.
- Poor room service. Had to ask 3 times to get some water, took them an hour to fetch 0.5L bottle.
- Forgot a t-shirt in the room during checkout. Called them up to check and the response was pretty lame.

Overall, in my opinion its not value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Thank you for sharing valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We truly appreciate your positive comments about the hotel. I sincerely apologise for your disappointment with your recent stay with us. I’ve made a note of the issue highlighted by you and will definitely have it looked into.

Your positive feedback is definitely very motivating and we hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Sincerely, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager

Been to Piccadily Hotel New Delhi? Share your experiences!