Don't be deceived by the catchy photographs posted on the website and icon. You will be disappointed once you reach the hotel and check-in.
I booked this hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor and was surprised to see that people still consider giving it 3 star rating which it does not deserve at all.
Let me start with the location.
1. There is a building being constructed right opposite to the entrance of this hotel with dust, noise and safety hazards that is a real downer. Not to mention masons and laborers can be found roaming around which will make you feel insecure.
2. The receptionist is rude and annoying. Not at all friendly and approachable
3. I had booked the Executive room as per the website but did not find my room up to the Standard at all. The bed sheet had stains and was dirty which was given an explanation that it is a permanent stain and could not be removed now.
4. The AC has to be switched on from lobby and is not automatic.
5. The view was pathetic from window that had an under construction building and laborers that can also peek into your room.
6. No Wi-Fi connectivity. This was the worst part of my trip. I preferred this hotel just because it promised a wi-fi connection, but then this had an excuse about server being down and under maintenance. No proactive help given.
7. Around 4 am in the morning I was thirsty and called the room service to ask for a bottle of water. No one attended even after repeated calls. I had to walk down to the reception and wake up the staff. When I asked them why no one answered in room service, I got a rude reply stating 'Can't you see the time'?
Then why the hell you guys stated 24 hrs room service.
After much cribbing one of the staff member provided me the mineral water.
8. The water in the shower is hard and not hot enough for a cold chilly morning. The soap does not get washed off easily as a result of this. The design of the bathroom is su***.
They have a mirror on the door when it closes and the WC is bang opposite to this.
Who would want to see themselves while they s***?
9. No safety lock for valuables. The only way to secure them is to go down to the reception and deposit your valuables!!!
How many would be comfortable doing this?
10. Room is not spacious and the cushion including pillow does not give you a good night sleep.
In the morning I complained about my experience to the Manager who was not apologetic but instead argued with me proving his own point to be correct. I realized it was waste of my time arguing with the management of this hotel and walked off.
Not recommended especially for Foreigners and Couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is of 3-star category which gives a luxurious accommodation at the economic price. It has the green surroundings with the windows in spite of being in Paharganj. It has all facilities like Sony LCD in every room, a modern outlay of the furniture and bathroom with utmost care of hygiene. The friendly an cooperative staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, MakeMyTrip, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Star Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.