“Deluxe room great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hari Piorko

You added Hotel Hari Piorko to your Saves list
Hotel Hari Piorko
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4775, Main Bazar,Near 6 Tooti Chowk | Pahar ganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #40 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
“Deluxe room great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 4 nights in December 2014.
The first night I stayed in the Standard room and had a very disturbed night with the noise of Main Bazaar.
I upgraded to a Deluxe room which was bigger, totally quiet, quite luxurious, with far nicer sheets and a bed.
The restaurant was over priced and not very full and the food was average, which seemed a pity as good restaurants in the area are hard to track down, to me it would make more sense if they filled their large dining room and terrace up.
But the Deluxe room was great for a respite from the New Delhi hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Not on Main Bazaar which means upgrading to a Deluxe room not the Standard.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We started and ended our stay in india in this hotel. The location, staff, rooms and accommodations are really good. The rooftop restaurant is right on top of the main bazaar and the food was good.i especially valued the services of the doorman who kept the beggars and touts at bay. I will definitely go back.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here 3 times spaced out during 2 weeks. The first time I stayed the room we were given was ok-nothing special. The bathroom wasn't particularly nice and the WiFi didnt work in the room. We had breakfast which was included and the cappuccino was delicious as well as the parathas. The second time we stayed the room we had had an aquarium which was nice. This room was much nicer that the previous one however it was really dusty! We arrived quite late at around 1am and they didn't have a room for 3 people ready for us so we had to wait for this to be prepared. We picked the same hotel as it was walking distance to the station and we were catching a train at 7am. We were able to walk this at that time and felt very safe. We decided to pick the same hotel on our return as we could walk back from the station. The room once again was very dusty and they were refurbishing a lot of the hotel so there was a lot of noise and dust. There were also employees arguing and shouting at the reception with guests standing around watching. Overall the hotel is very convenient as it is walking distance from the station. The restaurant food offered is good. The only bad thing is you cannot access WiFi from all the rooms...the ones near the lift have best access and the bathrooms are not great. On many occassions we were not given toilet paper and had to ask several times for this.
The employees are also very annoying always sticking out their hands for a tip.

Room Tip: you have best WiFi access from outside the lift areas. The roof terrace is a nice area to relax and...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great place for this single female traveler to launch my exploration of Delhi. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the hot water to work in my room. I was told at check-in to call the front desk 5 minutes before showering, which I did, but the hot water didn't come on. Maybe I did something wrong.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a simple hotel , Its less expensive and is in the heart of Delhi in a very crowded place.

Its a very busy area and its easy to find the place as the hotel name is written in Neon Lights!

They breakfast is not upto the mark at all! If you wish take a room here and go out for breakfast!

The other issue is that , they don't accept credit / debit cards on Sunday as their office is closed! Strange !!!!

So if you need to checkout on a Sunday, please pay on Saturday by card else arrange for cash from the ATM's nearby!

The hotel is close to the RK Ashram Metro station, its at a walkable distance.

If you are interested in picking up some fancy cotton bags / home decor items / collectibles ....this lane offers a lot of range and good prices too!

Carry an Iron Box as they don't provide one even on request.!!!!!

Room Tip: If you need mobile signals please don't opt for the rooms in the basement. Take a room above 1st...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I called hotels.com to cancel my first reservation due to a flight cancellation and next day re-booking. the rep from hotels.com explained to me that due to the late cancellation, the hotel was entitled to a cancellation charge. He then contacted the hotel manager to cancel and reported back to me that the manager agreed to waive the cancellation fee. This compelled me to make a second reservation at the same hotel for a later date as a gesture of appreciation.

I usually book a room for only 2 or 3 days. I, then extend my stay if I like it, or move to another hotel if the hotel does not meet my expectations. The hotel is on the Main bazaar about 500 meters from the Metro Station and the New Delhi Railway station. If you are backpacking, this would be a very good location for you. I arrived at the hotel 6-7 hours before check-in time. A pleasant and professional night receptionist offered me a room other than the one I reserved for a half day charge until my reservation is effect. Fair enough. He advised that I can stay in the room until the end of my stay if I liked it or change rooms if I don't.

The room was extremely clean. It was very quiet as it was in the back of the hotel and not facing the busy loud bazaar, which I wouldn't mind either. The toilet was sanitized. The floors mopped. No musty smell. Internet speed was decent and faster than what I had in other hotels in India.

During my previous visit to India, I stayed in four different hotels, and although I didn't experience major issues with any of them, there were always shortcomings, that took away from the comfort. Nickle and dime, noise, issues with hot water...However, this hotel, considering its class, has exceeded my expectations in all aspects. Both the night shift and day shift receptions have been helpful, professional and accommodating . The manager was very nice, professional and seemed genuine during my interaction with him. They all spoke English well. Even the room attendant spoke better English than my tour guide. I believe their restaurant has a balcony/rooftop with a bazaar view. I haven't had the chance to test the quality of the food yet.
I will extend my stay unless something major happens, which I would report back.

The only minor shortcomings would be that you have to call in for hot water shower (this is common in this hotel class to save cost) not an issue for me. The hot water was very hot which I liked. The window in my room opens to a wall. Not much of a view but if you like quietness then this is a minor trade-off.

In my experience, the hotel is relatively quiet during the day and very quiet at night (my room was on 1st floor), clean, strategically located; And the staff is professional, pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you like the bazaar noise, pick a front room. If you like quiet, pick a room in the back of the h...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Best hotel experience in my whole life... Whether u talk about food service or management lighting... Food was amazing staff was amazing... Me and my friends enjoyed a lot in hotel more then outside... Sach a nice hotel... I recommended all to visit Atleast once :)

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Hotel Hari Piorko? Share your experiences!