“good value for a nice ending of a 40 days trip in India” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hari Piorko

Save Saved
You added Hotel Hari Piorko to your Saves list
Hotel Hari Piorko
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4775, Main Bazar,Near 6 Tooti Chowk | Pahar ganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #41 of 592 hotels in New Delhi
Tel Aviv
“good value for a nice ending of a 40 days trip in India”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

a very clean room for comfortable bed. The 24 hours service was very professional in Indian standards.
I paid 1,500 a night for a double room, big bed, mini-bar, a lots of light (no real window), chairs an A/C.

851 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bonney Lake, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

So wrote a glowing review on my first stay there but came back 2 weeks later and not nearly as good. The AC didn't work most of the time and no complimentary breakfast. I think what's happening is they really pull out the stops on your first stay there if booking online (cleartrip) to get your good review but afterwards is another story. So would I stay here again? Well maybe but I'd check out others too, am a frequent traveler to Delhi and like Paharganj but it always seems like finding a reliable place to stay is difficult.

Room Tip: Have stayed on the 3rd floor and was nice, second time got the 1st floor which wasn't as good an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you need or want to stay in Pahar Ganj, then this hotel is an excellent choice. THis time my room was at the back, that is, not facing the Main Bazaar, so very quiet. Room facilites are good: adequate bathroom, fridge, kettle for tea/coffee making, very comfortable bed. The room is large and spacious, and the hotel central and safe. Staff were very helpful

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and conveniently located. They picked up at the airport which was nice too and seem to be interested in helping travelers. However, our first night in we set a bag on a glass table in the room and it unexpectedly shattered. As this was our first night in India, we were worried as to what they would do. Staff told us this 12 inch diameter table cost $100, but that we needed to pay $5o to replace it. Anyone who has spent time in India knows no tiny end table would ever cost this much, even at ikea in the US. We felt deceived and taken advantage of by the staff as new travelers in India who had agreed to pay for any damages. It put a dark cloud on our stay. That aside, we came home one night to find our room smelling so strongly of toxic roach killer we couldn't even be in there. Staff told us to just wait it out. After a month in India I know this is how it goes, but we definitely had places that were much kinder and more professional. A good location and good hotel overall but be warned they may not be thinking in your best interest.

• Stayed August 2013
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

A new hotel in the heart of the main bazaar, with several types of rooms.
The staff is very helpful and kind. Rooms are very clean. Elevator and free WiFi are also available. It is a very good option if you are not looking for the very cheap hostels.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been coming to Hotel Hari Piorko since 2008 and have recommended it to many of my friends and colleagues since then. It is situated in a fantastic location - right in the heart of Pahar Ganj - and easy to walk down to New Delhi Railway Station in one direction or to the metro in the other. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the rooms are kept clean each day, have TV and AC. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel. The buffet breakfast is good and you can sit out on the balcony and watch the day unfold. Deluxe rooms have lounge chairs and cool fish tanks. Semi-deluxe just dont have the fish tanks but are perfectly fine too. If you have a semi-deluxe room that faces the street and aren't a great sleeper then I would recommend earplugs as it can be noisy til quite late. All the shops you'll ever need are right outside your door and airport taxis will be arranged by staff easily. I seriously would not bother looking anywhere else unless you want to go super budget (this is about $22/night and for a capital city how great is that!!). I iwll be coming back and will continue to recommend to all my friends!

Room Tip: Go for a De-luxe room if you don't want the street noise, or if you have a semi-deluxe and are a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am a female and traveled to India for the first time in August 2013. Hotel Hari Piorko is the first place I stayed. It is quite big for a budget hotel and is very clean and safe. I stayed in a Deluxe A/C room. Everything is great, the sheets, the bathroom, etc.

I especially want to mention that the manager of this hotel is very friendly. I stayed in this hotel for only one night. Three days' later I returned to delhi and arrived the New Delhi Train station at 5AM from bus station after an overnight bus trip. It was still quite dark and too early to visit the place I planned to. I walked to main bazaar and on my way I picked up two travelers who just arrived in Delhi. We tried a couple hotels on our way and explained that we don't need a room but just a rest place in the lobby till 7am but were turned down. So we tried Hotel Hari Piorko. The manager recognized me and let us sit in the lobby and lent me the charger for my cell phone. And let the other two travelers leave their luggage in the lobby for late pick up. All for free.

There may be other nice places to stay but I strongly recommend this hotel and hope that you will experience the same hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Been to Hotel Hari Piorko? Share your experiences!