“Good place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hari Piorko

Save Saved
You added Hotel Hari Piorko to your Saves list
Hotel Hari Piorko
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4775, Main Bazar,Near 6 Tooti Chowk | Pahar ganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #43 of 599 Hotels in New Delhi
Varanasi
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was a good place to start in India. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Food and then rooftop was pretty good - also quite close to everything so was handy. Bit pricey but we think it was worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am staying at this hotel each my visit to Delhi. The best location and very comfortable! The services they are providing at are getting better and better from year to year. Now daily room cleaning is also included plus free wi-fi not a bad one))) My special thanks to the owner - Govind. ))) Govind, if you happen to read my review my special thanks to you and your team!)))
I do recommend to stay at the hotel if your purpose is travelling.
Я останавливаюсь в этом отеле каждый год, когда приезжаю в Дели. Отличное расположение и очень комфортно! Сервис становится все лучше и лучше. Теперь входит и уборка номеров ежедневно. Есть бесплатный wi-fi и очень даже неплохой. Если вы путешестуете - этот отель - прекрасный выбор!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We sent customers to this Hotel through United Tours.They all came back very much satisfied and happy with the hotel services. The location was very convenient and it was easy to travel to and from the hotel.The tour company had made all the arrangements well in advance to facilitate our customers.Overall, the whole experience was excellent for our customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Maybe I had a bad room. My room had: No windows, a small TV half a world away from the bed and a dead remote, a bathroom that threatened you for flushing paper down the bog, a bed largely made of plywood, a fish tank with starving fish and very few outlets for the inconsistent wi fi. The staff were indeed all nice guys. Perhaps this place is a great value for the (very little) money that was charged, but I can't think of another compelling reason to recommend this joint when there are 900 other options to try in Pahar Ganj.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I found this hotel on trip advisor and was not disappointed. We were travelling round India for a month and wanted a base in Delhi where we could safely leave our bags. We also had a few early morning trains and didn't want to deal with transport to get there. From the hotel door to New Delhi Train station it was an easy 10-15 minute walk.
The staff were helpful, polite and friendly. There is a rooftop restaurant and a very cool little balcony terrace overlooking the street below....good for a drink and to people watch. The food is good, I thought it had a decent Choice of food especially if you've had a day in the madness that is Delhi.
Lots of places nearby for money changing and to pick up drinks and snacks.
If I came back to Delhi, I would stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, it will be much quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a business trip to attend the Convergence India 2013 conference in New Delhi and stayed here with my fellow team mate. And with our pleasant surprise this place becomes our 2nd home. Just awesome staff members added with a huge location advantage for Delhi Metro and Delhi Railway station, this hotel was more than ideal for our stay at New Delhi. And 100+ marks for the Hotel wi-fi; their 24 hours kitchen service and too good foods. On our personal thanks to Sajid; one of the hotel boy for all his helps. They were more like friends and buddies than that off some hotel staffs. Cheers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hari Piorko is an oasis in Pahar Ganj a filthy, air polluted, tout filled area that most traveler’s think is New Delhi. This is just one neighborhood located ever so conveniently next to the New Delhi Train Station. It makes a great location for getting in and out of New Delhi quickly.

There are not many great options here in Pahar Ganj. Most places smell moldy or overly cleaning chemical drenched. Most of them are shabby and have staff that leer at you if you are a female traveler alone like I am. Hot water is a spotty thing; maybe you have a working geyser, which serves up a bucket of hot water.

Hari Piorko has scalding Hot Water 24 hours. I’ve had slightly warm water on a couple occasions, but that was before I realized how you get hot water…call. I don’t know what they do, but wait 5-10 minutes and run the tap for a little while and it comes. And you can take a long shower! None of that on and off with the tap in freezing weather, to conserve the small amount of hot water, you can take a western style shower aka two buckets of hot water.

The hotel was built 3 years ago…it doesn’t have the shabby feel that a lot of the hotels have. The bed is the standard foam on platform. It feels more comfortable than most. The pillows are not so beaten down and worn out. The best part is they don’t give you that heavy velour style blanket, that who knows the last time it was cleaned.

Most hotels give you a funky stained bottom sheet and the standard blanket. My favorite part about the Hari Piorko is they give you a comforter. Not one that feels like damp moist cotton to weigh you down but a light warm one with a fresh cover. I stayed here during one of the worst chills to hit Delhi and the north in 44 years; it was killing people due to exposure to the freezing weather. My room was Cold! I lived under that comforter. Love it!

They have roof top garden restaurant that makes me wonder why back packers will trudge up to the top of Vivek for Sam’s Restaurant. I have never been impressed by the food at Sam’s or the staff; maybe people like it because they serve beer? The food at Hari Piorko is a cut above most of what is happening around it. I can find better food in New Delhi meaning not Pahar Ganj, and I have a few restaurants in Pahar Ganj that I will eat at only for certain things. Convenience wise, the restaurant, which has an indoor version on the first floor, is a good option when you are over venturing out into the chaos. Plus there is room service!

Pahar Ganj is Noisy! Ask for a room that is not located on the street. The downside is you will be in a cave. The upside is you will have quiet. I like windows! My room was located facing the main bazaar.. I have heard drumming at 4 am with fireworks; somebody freaking out for a couple of hours (they must have been suffering from India Syndrome); devotional singing; a bunch of speeches being broadcast from the central triangle of Pahar Ganj; and the daily din that comes from car horns, motor bikes, auto rickshaws, etcetera. Know what you are looking for in a room, and request that, I like windows. All the guesthouses in Pahar Ganj have this issue of inner and outer rooms.

The initial reason why I checked into the Hari Piorko was I was sick after too many trains and needed a nice bathroom. The Hari Piorko passes my, “would I be sick in this bathroom” test. I have found a lot of bathrooms in Pahar Ganj that make me sick, but wouldn’t want to be around if I was ill. I had my second worst case of Giardia and almost went to the hospital. I survived partially in part to Hari Piorko and the constant toast and Thumbs Up (fyi like a Coke, but stronger) from the restaurant.

I stayed on because I like it here. I have paid from 400 INR to 1400 INR in Pahar Ganj for a room. I use to think you could pay a lot of money for the same backpacker room and not see much in return, so I generally went with the cheaper option. I choose the Hari Piorko because of the reviews on Trip Advisor, and my willingness to pay almost anything for a decent room. The Hari Piorko is the first place in Pahar Ganj where I am willing to pay a little more because I am getting something worth it in return. There are other places that charge the same amount but all you are getting is a slightly larger filthy room.

Which brings me to the staff of the Hari Piorko…They don’t creep me out, or have parties outside my room (I’ve had that problem before). They are polite and respectful, and don't give off that slimy, may I do something more for you, vibe I’ve gotten from quite a few guest houses here in Pahar Ganj.

They clean my room on a daily basis, and I tend to leave late in the day. The staff answers any question I ask. They fixed my cable TV when I was having problems. The TV here has more English language channels than any of the other places I’ve stayed here in Pahar Ganj, so I actually watch something more than BBC news and the occasional Bollywood movie. Great when you are ill, I tell you.

The Internet has been between fast, you can watch a long YouTube video, or so slow you hope you will see your email this decade, but it is included in the room cost, you just have to get the code every 24 hours.

Most houses in New Delhi are not built with heat as in the west. I stayed here when it was cold, I could of rented a heater but opted not to. They have AC rooms, if you come in May or the summer months spend the extra money. FYI, don’t expect a 5 star western hotel at budget prices.

Another nice thing about this hotel is they have Ayurvedic services provided by Body and Soul in Pahar Ganj. You don’t have to leave the hotel. They have a full treatment room right off the lobby. I had an massage that was quite good.

It the best hotel I’ve stayed at in the area for the money spent, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose an inner room if you like quiet. If you don't mind noise choose a room facing The Main B...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Hari Piorko? Share your experiences!