“Bad Experience with seepage rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Anand
8/41, WEA, Abdul Aziz Road | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #484 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
NYC
“Bad Experience with seepage rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

I must admit that I had a bad bad experience during my leisure time here. The hotel was undergoing some renovation and I really had to spends my nights in the seepage rooms.
I would not recommend this hotel to any traveler .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Having read positive reviews on tripadvisor we decided to stay here before traveling around north India. I really can understand why this hotel has been rated so highly on this site. It was one of the worst hotels we stayed at over three weeks. The staff were grumpy, slow and not very helpful. The room was a reasonable size but basic and not particularly clean. The bathroom was grim and the shower cold. The roof top restaurant was a converted flat roof with a staff member p*ssing in the corner.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

I booked it after surfing trip advisor but quit disappointed. I don’t know if these happen with me or the good review written are wrong. No pick up, upon arrival staff sleeping and can ask you for a “VOUCHER” to print at 3 A.M. when you are so tired. Then how you in a dirty room, I forget what cleanliness means here it was stained towel, smelling toilet and mosquitoes around the room. Anyways this comes to an end when I was checking out in the morning. Above all before the final and to my misery an extra 20% of the agreed room rent on the net rate (inclusive of taxes as to come) was changed. Hotel is not for Europeans or people who prefer clean place to sleep.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

I was picked up as promised and the driver waited even tho I forgot to give my flight number ooops. The hotel location was very good and the hotel itself was a break from the chaotic streets. The hotel was very clean and the service was excellent with a good rooftop resteraunt to relax in.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Was greeted by their friendly driver as promised at the International airport (free).

Not long after I had arrived I was asked by the helpful staff (namely Shabir) if I wanted to go sight seeing... this didn't take much convincing ;) I was whisked away not long after by their driver, singing and dancing my way around New Delhi... it was a lot of fun and he was great company!

The room was spacious with two singles. Funky decor and a flat screen plasma. The air conditioner was noisy however it worked a treated at helping me escape the heat of Delhi.

Unfortunately there was NO hot water... this was disappointing (I was told later that the boiler was broken and has since been repaired).

The roof top restaurant is a great place to see a completely different aspect of New Delhi. The beers were cold (not something you can often rely upon) and the food was delicious :)

Sharbir (front of house) was great company, very professional and assisted me with organising my onward adventures.

San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I booked three rooms at Ananda after reading some of the positive reviews the hotel has received. If you're visiting India from another country, PLEASE read this review as I hope I can help you avoid an experience that we unfortunately had to go through. I cannot understand why Ananda is rated so highly. One possible explanation: many of the reviewers seem to be Indian business travelers, who have a completely different set of expectations and needs.

In any case, don't stay at this hotel. You will undoubtedly be tempted by the price, which is admittedly low. But there are a TON of other cheap options in Delhi (Delhi is not an expensive city).

The rooms, themselves, are comfortable enough. But the rest of the hotel has a shabby, bombed-out appearance. The rooftop is disgusting and left me with a lasting, depressing image of Delhi.

The location of the hotel is terrible. Karol Bagh is full of shady characters. A routine walk around the neighborhood left me worried about getting mugged (didn't feel that way ANYWHERE else in India). Spend the extra money, and stay closer to Connaught Place. You won't regret it.

Finally, and this is the most important part: DO NOT USE THEIR TRAVEL/TRANSPORTATION SERVICES! The hotel has partnered with scamming travel/transportation companies that will try and try and try again to rip you off. The story is a long one. Suffice it to say that we were quoted a price, which we agreed to. The drivers repeatedly tried to take us to places where they'd get a commission, and they got angry when we asked them politely to just take us where we wanted to go. At the end of the night, they demanded that we pay them triple the agreed upon price. We obviously refused, and they proceeded to berate us. Hotel management did not intercede on our behalf, despite admitting at one point that the company is "full of crooks."

All in all, this hotel was the WORST of any we stayed in during our trip. Avoid. Please.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Dhaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I stayed there for one week. The location was excellent. Nearby shoping places and crowd put extra value. Room was clean, more importantly, bathroom was clean.Breakfast is sufficient and good.2nd Floor Wi-Fi was best but during my stay at 1st Floor, It was dissapointing.Staffs were friendly and cooperative.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Anand? Share your experiences!