“Arrived as guests left as friends” 5 of 5 stars

Prakash Kutir B&B
A-34, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India   |
Ranked #269 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
uk
“Arrived as guests left as friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011 via mobile

We arrived at prakash kutir to be welcomed by a lovely family who made our stay in india a memorable one. The guptas were able to advise us on places to visit and things to see and pointed us in the right direction. The b&b was in perfect location with everything in walking distance....shops, markets, atm, places to eat, parks ,metro ect. The place itself was spacious clean with excellent facilities use of a kitchen, living room area and either a balcony or large terrace where u can watch the world go by with a nice cold bottle of kingfisher chiiled in your own fridge! I have stayed at the hyatt regency hotel in delhi and prakash kutir tops it as facilities, location and family makes it a great place to stay. If you were thinking of staying here my advice would be to book....thanks to the gupta family for a fantastic time I hope to be back next year.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I made a combination visit to India for business and to visit my son who was teaching in Delhi. I stayed in this wonderful B&B for 6 consecutive nights and then one final night before our flight home. The hospitality was remarkable, the breakfast very good and always new and different. Mr. Gupta helped me with transportation, narrowing my list of sightseeing activities, and even hooked me up with others in my line of work in order to help me maximize the business portion of my trip. This home away from home was definitely one highlight among many during my trip to India.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Beccles, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

Mr Gupta went out of his way to make our short stay memorable, from including us in his families Holi celebrations to suggesting places to go, organising taxis etc. Nice clean rooms, good home cooked food, warm family atmosphere. Mr Guptas home is in a fairly quiet area that is nice to explore on foot. The deer park is walking distance & worth a trip.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I was returning to South Delhi for the second time, and wanted to find a good B & B in the middle of the Haus Khaz neighbourhood that I had previously become familiar with. The stay at Mr and Mrs Gupta's did not disappoint. I stayed in a delightful room at the top of the house, which opened out on to a lovely shared terrace - my friend took the other room that used the terrace, so we felt as if we pretty much had a private apartment. My room was light, clean and well furnished with a bathroom and a small kitchenette. There was also a bigger kitchen that we had shared use of, if we happened to want to make a meal on our own.

Mr. and Mrs. Gupta could not be more charming and helpful. Mrs. G is a fabulous cook - I can highly recommend her dinners which are really very good value. And Mr G is a most helpful host and a mine of information on every topic that you could think of - on local restaurants, shops and services, and on sightseeing locations further afield and outside Delhi. They also included us in a private party to celebrate Holi with their friends and family, which was extremely kind of them.

All in all we were hugely well looked after - no request was too much trouble - and generally very happy to be in this great house. I will definitely go back there if I am in Delhi in the future.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Leatherhead, Surrey, U.K.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

We appreciated our clean spacious room and comfortable twin beds with duvets. Plenty of natural light through large windows and added bonus of a rooftop patio with table and chairs where we enjoyed sitting with a cup of tea.
We were grateful for Mr. Gupta's advice on our sightseeing plans within Delhi and his assistance with booking onward travel to Jaipur via the Volvo bus service.
A highlight of our stay for my daughter and me was the delicious evening meal prepared by Mrs. Gupta which we shared with the family and the interesting conversations we enjoyed with Mr.and Mrs. Gupta and their son and daughter.
We started our holiday with 3 nights at Prakash Kutir and were so impressed that we booked to return at the end of our trip. Would have no hesitation in recommending to fellow travellers.

• Stayed February 2010
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Prakash Kutir Guest House is a perfect home away from home that has everything you need and want in a convenient location and at a great price. Finding reliable hotels in India at a good price can sometimes be difficult, but Prakash Kutir delivered everything I hoped for. This guest house is well located, very clean, well finished, and run by a great family.
I stayed at Prakash Kutir for several days in January during a business trip to New Delhi and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a well located, moderately priced, and well-finished place to stay. The free wireless internet and optional self-serve kitchen were nice, cost-free benefits.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Being our first visit to India from the Uk we obviously had a few reservations about what to expect. Arrivng at the home of Mr Gupta and his family we were very pleasantly welcomed. Time was taken by Mr Gupta to tell us a little of the area we were staying in. Our stay exceeded expectations and the service, cleanliness exceeded most of the hotels which we stayed in on our tour. Hot running water, good sanitation, sun terrace, and the street was gated and secure at night. The area is safe to walk around day and night.
South Deli for us was an excellent location, (less commercial than central) true Indian culture with many good restaurants of all cuisine within walking distance, shopping centres within a short ride and with the the Gupta family expert local knowledge many items were purchased at a much reduced price from when guides took us to shops on our tour.
The food was very well prepared, fresh every day, something different every day, Mrs Gupta is an excellent cook, and Grandma Gupta makes the best lime pickle chutney I have ever tasted. We had time to chat to the whole family and understand the pleasures and issues of India today. Our only regret is that we could not stay longer.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Prakash Kutir B&B? Share your experiences!