“Oasis in Delhi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KS Palace

and 1 more site!
You added KS Palace to your Saves list
KS Palace
J-17 A Lane,W-15 B, Sainik Farms, South Delhi, New Delhi 110001, India (Mahrauli)   |
Ranked #115 of 612 Hotels in New Delhi
Woy Woy, Australia
“Oasis in Delhi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Delhi is not for the faint of heart, Its a wild and busy city which, while it excites, also can be exhausting. Once you've had your share of beeping cars and the mayhem of Delhis busy streets I'd recommend you stay here. As others have said its a little out of the way (best to organise for airport pick up if you can -reassuring in itself especially if flying into Delhi for the first time!)

As you step inside the front gates you instantly relax as it feels you have your own private oasis! So lovely to have the garden and roof top areas to relax and absorb India at a slower pace....
I've been lucky enough to stay at KS Palace twice over the years and loved the personal approach that Imtiaz (son) and Yousuf (father) bring. I was treated as a member of their family as were my travelling companions and we had beautiful home cooked meals, clean rooms and personal attention with ideas and planning assistance for our onward travel.

I have fond memories of stories told over a traditional Indian banquet dinner, sitting on the roof watching the sunset, hearing the gentle tones of muslim prayer being sung drifiting on the breeze, amazing samosas from the small general store down the road, laughing and sometimes a game of cards at night and the garden in the moonlight.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Many things in India are fast paced and in your face, this experience is different a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Imitiaz and his team take special care to ensure guests have a rich and beautiful experience leveraging and his understanding and communication skills make any traveller comfortable instantly.

As a dubious traveller can definitely endorse this experience and recommend it to others!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I highly recommend this place in New Delhi first of all its safe people trust worth friendly atmosphere i know imtaiz personally well travel full experiance to host people..ofcource if you are intrested to play cricket just get there...so recommend all the way from Scandinavia...
have a safe journey...
Wangnoo

Room Tip: all is well...made
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

it was excellent service clean and relaxing pick up from the airport was very good
anything i needed the staff could not do enough the service is is a bit different to what we get in england will defintaly come back to KS palace when i visit delhi again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at KS palace just before New Years and needed a relaxing place before the new year and that's basically what KS palace is a relaxing oasis in busy Delhi.

They arranged for a airport arrival with someone waiting for me , which was very important as I had travelled to delhi after 15 years, upon my arrival I met the welcoming staff who were eager to help for a comfy stay.

The rooms a very different and not set up like a normal hotel, it's like a palace of he family who get involved and the owner was great to talk to and get local tips from him, he had been living in Australia for many years and knew what customers expect from them and they delivered.

The food was brilliant home cocked and curries taste so different and real, not typical restaurant food very refreshing.

This hotel is quite and serene with beautiful ambience, really something out of a Indian Movie, on top of excellent service and sleep quality, the only down side would be its location, you have to catch a auto rickshaw to get from the main gate which is cheap, although the owner gave us lifts several times to the metro station, which was humbling,

If you are in delhi make a stop here to experience real Indian culture not a typical hotel

• Stayed December 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The place is comfortable peaceful and clean Bed rooms, kitchen and bathrooms,just like any European standard in India New Delhi..We have just sent our guests from the UK,America and Uae everyone gave us very good feed back about this beautiful Hotel KS Place .We have personally experience their humble nature services and always helpful to direct the travel roots around India. when one need during his stay at this lovely cosy place....We would recommend anyone from around the world who come to India New Delhi as a tourist or business , this is the place to start with goodness of India .Have a pleasant trip!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is really a kingdom not just because of the place rather the kings and queens inside ,, they are the nicest and most big hearted people I have ever come across . I got sick they attended to my needs ,, specially cooked and cleaned for me , changed their timings for me ,, made sure I am well looked after. , I'm the freezing cold they wuld brim me extra blankets n even gave me their own heater to make sure I was well. I went to India with my 6 kids and wife. They made sure that they were well looked after. They personally took them out n showed them around , and showed us an India we would never know. Taz was specially helpful. He picked us up in the middle of the night from the airport. Took me to the doctors at 11 at night. He even paid for my medicine. A trip to India really shows you what a real person is , his mother who looked a bit ill ( neck problems I think) was bearing the pain in cold to make me special food , this was only the half of the family n now the house there was amazing , the rooms were like a giant one bedroom house .. Ceilings atleast 3x my height. I have no regrets In this place , my children have learnt alot and I have already seen changes in them , even though il get back to my life il never forget that there is a part of heaven located in the heart of India ,. Called
KS PALACE

• Stayed January 2013

Been to KS Palace? Share your experiences!