“Back again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #183 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Back again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had forgotten I had stayed in this Hotel in 2011. This was my 5th year in India (2014) and didn't recognise the Hotel. Alot of them along this road are much the same to enter, ie Big gates, security checks and being dropped by reception. I think before, I had a driver and was just taken round the sites and back to my room. This time I walked round the local markets etc which were a little walk from the Hotel but something I didn't do in 2011. Great fun, good atmosphere and again, even in the dark, I haven't felt threatened at all being on my own. The Hotel itself is fine altho' my bathroom looked in need of a make over. Good base for Delhi. (I still love Old Delhi best methinks)

Room Tip: Room with a view?
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gwalior
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good place for business traveler as it is in business center, though the ambiance of the hotel displays Roman and Italian art..
after your tired day you can go to terrace restaurant which i believe must be the best place for hangout or relax.. huge spacious terrace restaurant which open upto 1 am..

Room Tip: indicate the bed should not be west facing..
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Unfortunately, due to being booked by a tour operator, we had the misfortune of staying in this hotel twice within a 3 week period and both stays were below average.
The rooms are small, "tired" and shabby, to the point of being dirty and it appears that the general maintenance is lacking. On the first visit we specifically requested a non-smoking room - guess what ? yep, you got it, they put us in a smoking room !! & when we pointed this out their remedy was to remove the ashtray !!! laughable !!!
In both instances that we stayed there the aircon did not work, to the point that we were sweating & had to open the room door to allow a draft to come through the place. When we complained, a person arrived who said that he needed to make some alterations in the plant room. He then disappeared and we did not notice any change.
The toilet seat was loose to the point that it nearly fell off when sat on. Also, when we flushed the toilet, it did not stop flushing !!!!! You can see where they have, very unprofessionally, filled cracks in tiles etc.. & where dirt has accumulated.
Housekeeping: We called to ask for 3 items to be delivered to the room, well they arrived one at a time because each time somebody came they had forgotten something !
Prices: Forget the Big Mac index, my barometer is beer price. A small Kingfisher (330ml approx) cost Rs400 at the not so Royal Plaza - same product was cheaper at the Hyatt !! We stayed there for 2 nights. In fact, at the local bottleship a LARGE Kingfisher (650ml) only cost Rs90 !!!
My advice- stay next door at the Shangri-La !!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Munassir, Manager at Hotel The Royal Plaza, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is unfortunate that the hotel services did not reflect the quality you expected from us and I am really concerned that we did not live up to your expectation. Your feedback on service gives us an insight towards the area of improvement at our end. At Royal Plaza New Delhi we always consider that the comments are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level reaching at our full potential. You are our valued guest and your feedback is important to us. It has always been our focus to provide consistently high quality service to all our guests, and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and we do hope you will not benchmark us with the shortcomings you had experienced and will give us an opportunity to serve you better. We always pride on our services and regret any lapse on our part. Hoping to get an opportunity to welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Delhi (NCR).

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Based at Central Delhi, the Hotel stood tall at the heart of Delhi city. Ambiance at the lobby was great at the lobby area as it took you back to the days of Romans with all the marble sculptures and beautiful hand paints, which are conveniently placed on other floors as well. Bed was comfortable and the room was compact and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was good, with delicious choices of menu items.

At the time of check in however, I was about to be charged higher than the rate at which I originally booked from the Hotel's own website,which i had to sorted out with the Duty manager. Similarly for free WiFi offered in the website I had to actually request the front desk manager to open their hotel website to prove my point that I was offered free WiFi. After seeing this, he discussed later with Duty Manager to check whether its actually correct. And thankfully I had my email proof of my hotel blocking and facilities offered. Such thing would not have happened if the front office was more informed.

It was one night stay, and I would say overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest ,

I would like extend my gratitude for choosing to stay at Royal Plaza
With reference to your insights about the Front office service levels, I assure you that the corrective measures have been taken up and we look forward to welcome you soon to Delhi for a renewing experience.
We remain committed to deliver an exceptional service and serve patrons like you in future.
Look forward to welcome you back soon.

Thanks and regards
Cairns, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This wonderful hotel was an absolute haven after staying for a night at the YMCA. My friend and I were so thrilled to book into this magical oasis. I had stayed here in August of 2013 and enjoyed my stay then but not so much as this time! I introduced my friend to the amazing Marsals Dosa at breaksfast, we savoured chocolate delights for afternoon tea and I luxuriated in a bubble bath at night. Absolute bliss in a hectic city. Excellent service and helpful, friendly staff. Thank you All!

Room Tip: Wi Fi was not able to be accessed even though we paid for it - which was reimbursed at check out.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Greetings from Hotel The Royal Plaza New Delhi
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a feedback.

We are delighted to know of your pleasant stay at the hotel and thank you so much for your appreciation of our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Royal Plaza New Delhi

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was impressed when I reported about a leaking pipe in the bathroom. . After just 5 minutes appeared a workmen that fixed the problem by changing the pipe. Very comfortable and clean rooms . Nice buffet at breakfast. But be aware that at the Oriental Restaurant a bottle of water was charged 7 USD....

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Munassir warisi Khan
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was booked as part of a trip to the Taj and Agra, when we arrived we were gob smacked, Rolls Royce sitting out side, upmarket part of Delhi, you walk in through security and the reception is stunning, very swanky, then you notice the Perspex round the statues and clocks, and it sort of deflates you (well it did us) we checked in and were shown to our room, 16th floor, excellent views of the parliament buildings, but the room we had looked very well worn, stain on the ceiling, cracked wood on the panels, recently painted bathroom but overpaint on the shower door, empty mini bar, little things but nothing major, the bed was comfy and the shower very good. We eat in the hotel both nights, the food was good if a little expensive, breakfast is a buffet affair and good choices, the paid for wifi is a joke very slow, the new roof top bar is very good, with good views over Delhi,, all in all a good stay and worth a visit

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel The Royal Plaza New Delhi among luxury hotels in New Delhi . I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you on your next visit.The shortfalls and delays that you experienced as highlighted by you have been addressed to the concerned departments. It is our constant endeavor to provide a consistently high quality service to all our valued guests and we therefore regret to have let you down on this occasion and sincerely apologize for the same.

Munassir warisi Khan

Been to Hotel The Royal Plaza? Share your experiences!