“Real Royal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #180 of 592 hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Real Royal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

i had frequent visited new delhi past six month and many time acodomate at the royal plaza,it's totally worth what you pay.room were fine,service is good,breakfast /food good too.located close patel chauk,metro station,canought place also very near. ins short hotel in nezr biz area

Room Tip: all rooms were compact & good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

751 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here last year. The room was small, not very clean. When we asked for a change found the staff unhelpful to the point of being rude. We were with a small tour group and luckily had an extremely good tour leader. He eventually got the manager to agree to a free meal for us on our last night there. Unfortunately one meal did not make up for our nights in a rotten hotel. They were obviously very proud of the while Rolls Royce parked outside the main entrance - pity they didn't care more about their guests and their accommodation.

Room Tip: I would suggest finding a better hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one night and that was enough. You are greeted with a grand extrance that promises a great hotel but on entering our room the disappointment began. The room was tiny, smelt damp, the kettle didn't work, the shower was broken, the towels grey instead of white, I could go on......We were a group of 20 people in 10 rooms and everyone had some problem which their room. On a positive note, the location is great and the food was good however the staff need some training on customer service.

Room Tip: Not floor 17
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You don't gain anything by having an exotic building with painted ceilings, golden structures and the word "royal" in your name if you can't look after your guests or don't even have clean and working bathrooms. Ours was dirty, rusted and flooded, for example, and all the "fancy" fabric and curtains hanging in the room were full of dust. We had to contact the reception staff a few times and they were not helpful at all. Also, charging $15 for using the wifi in the most modern city in India shows greediness on the part of the hotel. In Mandawa was free. On the other hand, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is really good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

a very good hotel in the heart of new delhi. Rooms are done up well, albeit a bit small. Not possible to have an extra bed in the room at all. Awesome breakfast spread.Am travelling again n september to delhi and hope to stay there again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

They have a weird policy of paying in advance for everything or they will not allow the signing facility in your room....for anything you order you will get a call....they will ask u......what is your mode of payment cash or card.....very irritating.......not worth a stay........paid in advance for four days.....still partial behavior......Would not recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the hotel royal plaza in delhi for the night of 5th aug. I checked in at 10pm and had to check out at 615 am.
This hotel is a complete disaster and I believe that they should get out of the hoteling business Let's start with the agony
1. From the very check in process the check in staff look at me as if they are doing me a favour. In particular I would like to point out a lady who checked me in called Shalu. No eye contact. No hello. No greetings. Sullen look. I wonder how she is at the front desk.....
2. I get to the room and I have been given a smoking room when I had made a booking for a non smoking room. I deceided to use the toilet before I go down to change my room. As soon as pulled the flush the water gushed out from the wc and finally filled the wc !!!!!! And did not subside.
3. I called the from desk and the lady that I spoke to tells me that she has to check as she did not check me in !!!! After promising to call me back in 5 mins, she doesn't and I get tired to waiting for over 10 mins I go back down again
4. Speak to another agent tell him about my terrible experience and he says that he shall give me another room. I ask clearly if the same is working and he assures me that it is. Now I have been given room 1714.
5. I he's back to the room and my cup of woes run over. Half the lights in the room aren't working !!! I call house keeping and they send the engineer in. By the time he comes in all the light have gone off !!!! And I am furious. The engineer is a nice soul and tries to help but still no luck.
6. By now I have called the duty manager and give him a piece of my mind and ask him to come up and take a look for himself. He does. Apologies and moves me to a larger room in which everything works.

Really the owner of this propery (mr Mittal ) as his picture is all over the front desk, needs to get out this business on an urgent basis. Very very sorry state. I would not stay here even at 2000 rs/night.

Stayed August 2014

Been to Hotel The Royal Plaza? Share your experiences!