“best value for money , superb central location, well maintained” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel The Royal Plaza
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Ashoka Rd, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #193 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
london
“best value for money , superb central location, well maintained”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at royal plaza again this month after a gap of two years and was not disappointed. Its a welcoming place, beautifully gilded polished lobby' smiling hostesses (but not the reception staff who look terribly overawed by pressure which does not exist !!!). I did some money saving research this time and visited some hotels nearer airport that were cheaper by Ind rupees 1500 but I was shocked by the drop in standards. I'd rather pay thousand extra and stay at the Royal Plaza. You are in a central lush area that is well connected for rail/metro links. There is also the safety in knowledge and integrity of cabs linked to the royal. I had ,without realising,lost an important document while travelling in hotel linked cab driven by Tanwar Singh who handed it to me the following day. The spa facilities are equally good but not cheap.Ask for the price inclusive of taxes before you go for it.
Bar staff in the lobby were exceedingly efficient in chatting up with me, a solo traveller. The lady at cake shop very pleasant while wrapping up a cake for my mom's birthday. Breakfast was enjoyable with senior staff at hand to monitor standards. An important tip: always go for a breakfast inclusive tariff otherwise you end up paying extra rupees 1000 plus 20% govt taxes. I will definitely be visiting this hotel in future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing asoka road are better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

702 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in the Royal Plaza on our group trip, and we were very pleasantly surprised by the high standards of the hotel. We had a room on the 12th floor looking out towards the Parliament building, and below us in the trees was a pair of kestrels feeding their young!

Although the room was small we were comfortable, and we had a small bathroom with a bath/shower. The best aspects of the hotel were the swimming pool - with a number of sun loungers - we had no problems getting one - and in the mornings we had a very good breakfast with a wide choice of food in the Lutyens Room.

The hotel is very convenient for visiting most tourist sited, and it is near the metro, which is very straightforward to use. We thought that the hotel was good and we would stary there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherborne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for one night . The meal we had in the Chinese restaurant was very good, and there was also a plentiful choice at breakfast. The room was rather small but fine for a one night stay. The reception staff presented me with a bouquet of red roses and a birthday cake which came as a lovely surprise. Many thanks to Kikara and her colleagues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was quite hesitant to stay at The Royal Plaza Hotel due to the large amount of negative reviews from both Expedia and TripAdvisor. I have high expectations when it comes to hotels and I was expecting it to be a bad experience. I was wonderfully mistaken!

After traveling for 30 hours I can say that I was quite happy when I arrived at The Royal Plaza. The room was spacious and clean, the service quite friendly, and the common areas more than comfortable;

The room: The room was much larger than expected and quite luxurious. I had a space with sofas/table, a small table with chairs, a working space, a spacious bed, and a separate counter/kitchen area. I did not experience any of the uncleanness or bad smells that some reviewers mention. Far from it, during a week and a half this room felt like home, it was big with separate spaces, it was comfortable, and it was kept perfectly clean during my entire stay. The bathroom was perfectly clean, luxurious, and comfortable.

Food: Breakfast was a bright start to every day. They have a wide variety of options including western food such as omelettes, fried eggs, different breads, hashbrowns, etc. I had dinner a couple of times and was overall pleased although the prices are high.

Common Areas: The pool area was so relaxing to spend time. I've been in other Delhi hotels and I can say that this was one of the best as far as common areas are concerned. The pool chairs are so comfortable to lie in, read a book, and get away from the chaos of the city.

Service: Every single staff member was perfectly friendly and serviceable during my stay. They took care of anything that I needed and seemed to be pleased to help.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has a high standard of luxury and comfort. I am so happy I was not taken aback by some people's negative reviews and that I got to experience this hotel first hand. My stay was perfect all around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kabul, Afghanistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A value for money when available at reduced rates. Centrally located, Okay service, excellent breakfast, modest and clean rooms, good ambiance, courteous staff - that's what you can expect. No major complaints, but nothing excellent except the courteous housekeeping staff and excellent breakfast. worth a stay when the tariff is around $80 to $100 - very few hotels can match Royal Plaza at that price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We held our Annual Conference on Diabetes, a 2-day affair in April 2014 at Hotel The Royal Plaza, New Delhi, India; and I must admit that the experience of hosting a conference was a wonderful one.
Right from the Day 1 when we selected the venue till the end and even after the conference ended, everything was done in perfect ease. We were never said 'No" and everything was arranged from the Hotel. The banquet desk and staff and each and every person was extremely cordial. We had about 350 delegates and the total footfall was over 400, but each person who attended the conference had a smile on his/her face.
The Hotel lived to its reputation of a Five Star Deluxe hotel and whatever was committed by the Hotel Staff was delivered.
The ambience of the hotel is, no doubt, marvellous and everybody was polite and was available with a smile.
The banquet managers were always available on the phone and on the day of the conference, did spare their extra time to be there personally, not only before the start, but also till the end of the conference.
This was the 22nd Annual Conference we had conducted, and I have been organising conferences for almost a decade including at most fo Hotels of Central Delhi, but this year it was flawless and most comfortable, not only for the organisers but also for the delegates.
Valet parking was available for all delegates at no extra cost. The catering was very efficient, and there were no major queues, and more importantly, the dishes were delicious.
The Hotel went the extra mile to suggest us options to ease out our arrangements, and provided valuable inputs at important junctures.
To sum up, it was a marvellous experience, and given an opportunity again to host a conference, I would definitely host it at Hotel The Royal Plaza, New Delhi.
Dr. Anupam Prakash
New Delhi-110001.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights upon arrival to Delhi. It is beautiful, very well maintained, and the food (breakfast buffet especially) in the restaurant is fabulous. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. I wish we could have stayed longer. No complaints!

Room Tip: upper floors pool side
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel The Royal Plaza? Share your experiences!