“Fantastic Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #187 of 597 Hotels in New Delhi
Madrid, New Mexico
“Fantastic Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in the Royal Plaza in New Delhi. The lobby is beautiful and full of romance Overall the service was very good,Its more like a businesslike property. It is well situated in a safe area & the service is always exceptional. The include breakfast had a wide variety.Complimentary Sauna was great in Spa

Room Tip: Amazing Service .Hotel is worth for the price
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

we got this hotel after bad experience in New Delhi at Connaught area ( Bright - hotel )
Price was only 20 euros more than the Connaught- one
And we got a nice hotel
Lobby is fantastic with paintings ans statues
Service is OK all people are polite and giving the best of them and smiling
BR is good and fine selections of food
Hotel has a gym-room , which I was using every morning before Br.
The safety is very good, people are checked when they come inside hotel
We used the hotel transportation to airport - and got a new Toyota-Innova car + private driver
Rooms are not so big ones, but OK
If you take this hotel, you are not doing wrong
We liked to have this hotel and we have had been in 100s of hotels

Room Tip: rooms in the top floors are all OK
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Munassir, Manager at Hotel The Royal Plaza, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Royal Plaza New Delhi and I thank you for your recent stay with us and your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation, rather exceed it. Your comments and ratings really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.
I sincerely look forward to welcome you in near future and ensure that same level of service will be provided to you.
Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Munassir warisi Khan
wirral, england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed twice during a recent tour. On arrival the lobby is magnificent, the staff friendly, and had an easy and quick check in. Our first room was very small, but clean, quiet and good aircon. The bar prices were steep, but then 45% tax was added to make the prices astronomical, with bottled beer costing more then many top UK hotels (premium lager around £9) The breakfasts were acceptable, but nothing to rave about. We used the restaurant in the evening and again found the prices exorbitant, but after hours of touring, we didnt have the energy to venture out. On our return journey, the room was again small, but this time more dated, with terrible aircon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your comment of Trip Advisor. Post reading your feedback I do understand that there are various areas and opportunities to improve in terms of service and product. Be rest assured that we value voice of customer and this is how we stop and look back on our deployed process wherein we make necessary changes. We want all out patrons to be our ambassadors. Request you to take this experience in isolation. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any assistance in future booking with us. I look forward to welcome you soon.

Manager online
Kazakhstan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I happened to book this hotel for my transit stay in New delhi en route to/from Sri Lanka. Stayed two nights on the way to SL and two nights on the way out. I will never ever book or stay in this hotel and I will not recommend anyone to stay there!!! Never!!!

I booked it via www.dhr.com - a website I usually make booking for hotels when I travel. Stayed with a friend in Jan 2011. Although referred to as 5*, the Ramada Plaza was very dirty, rooms and bathrooms alike. The bed linen and towels were far from being just white, let alone the holes and grey spots on both. Someone else's hair was in the sink and the bath tub. The breakfast was very bad, too with smelly and spoiled fresh (???) juices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last week. Very grand lobby with a number of Rolls Royce's outside. Rooms however are very small and old fashioned. Bathroom very dated and needs a refurb. Pool looked very nice but we did not use. All in all not bad if you just need a place to stay, we didnt spent too much time in the hotel. Nice breakfast but staff in restaurant quite rude. Reception staff very friendly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Royal Plaza New delhi !!
At the onset let me thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation. I understand that you were not fully satisfied with the service at the restaurant and same has been duly discussed with the entire service team . I apologize on behalf of the team . Your ratings really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service. I apologize on behalf of the team on not meeting the room type guarantee. We value your patronage to Royal Plaza
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I shall personally ensure that you carry back fond memories.

Manager online
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in January. Although the lobby and breakfast of the hotel live up to their 4-star status, the room we stayed in left us feeling that there are better options in this pricerange. The room was small and the bathroom has known better days.

The hotel staff and the peace and quiet of Ashoka Road really helped us find our feet in Delhi which was the main goal of our stay here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you for staying with us and your feedback on trip advisor.
It makes the entire team happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation. Your comments with regard to room & bathroom is well noted and be rest assured that the same shall be discussed in an appropriate forum. We value voice of customer. Should you require any assistance in future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Munassir warisi Khan
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having read some of the negative comments on here I was a bit nervous about this hotel - but my fears were unfounded. The hotel is clean and the staff members were uniformly helpful throughout our stay. It is within a 15 minute walk to Connaught Place/Rajiv Chowk, and a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station. The rooms are certainly not small as some other reviewers seem to think, and they were very quiet. The restaurants were also good with a wide variety of dishes available. I would recommend the spa - the ayurvedic massage was a real treat and a great way to end the holiday. I would also recommend using the hotel tour services to see New Delhi, Agra etc as it took the hassle out of finding a reputable guide etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Royal Plaza New Delhi and thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.
At the onset let me thank you once again for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation, rather exceed it.Your comments about our staff and ratings really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.
I shall be happy to meet you in person in your next visit and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Manager Online

Been to Hotel The Royal Plaza? Share your experiences!