“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #198 of 616 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last week. Very grand lobby with a number of Rolls Royce's outside. Rooms however are very small and old fashioned. Bathroom very dated and needs a refurb. Pool looked very nice but we did not use. All in all not bad if you just need a place to stay, we didnt spent too much time in the hotel. Nice breakfast but staff in restaurant quite rude. Reception staff very friendly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Munassir, Manager at Hotel The Royal Plaza, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Royal Plaza New delhi !!
At the onset let me thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation. I understand that you were not fully satisfied with the service at the restaurant and same has been duly discussed with the entire service team . I apologize on behalf of the team . Your ratings really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service. I apologize on behalf of the team on not meeting the room type guarantee. We value your patronage to Royal Plaza
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I shall personally ensure that you carry back fond memories.

Manager online
email : onlineresv@hoteltheroyalplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in January. Although the lobby and breakfast of the hotel live up to their 4-star status, the room we stayed in left us feeling that there are better options in this pricerange. The room was small and the bathroom has known better days.

The hotel staff and the peace and quiet of Ashoka Road really helped us find our feet in Delhi which was the main goal of our stay here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you for staying with us and your feedback on trip advisor.
It makes the entire team happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation. Your comments with regard to room & bathroom is well noted and be rest assured that the same shall be discussed in an appropriate forum. We value voice of customer. Should you require any assistance in future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Munassir warisi Khan
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having read some of the negative comments on here I was a bit nervous about this hotel - but my fears were unfounded. The hotel is clean and the staff members were uniformly helpful throughout our stay. It is within a 15 minute walk to Connaught Place/Rajiv Chowk, and a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station. The rooms are certainly not small as some other reviewers seem to think, and they were very quiet. The restaurants were also good with a wide variety of dishes available. I would recommend the spa - the ayurvedic massage was a real treat and a great way to end the holiday. I would also recommend using the hotel tour services to see New Delhi, Agra etc as it took the hassle out of finding a reputable guide etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Royal Plaza New Delhi and thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.
At the onset let me thank you once again for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation, rather exceed it.Your comments about our staff and ratings really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.
I shall be happy to meet you in person in your next visit and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Midrand, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights in January and I have to say the staff are amazing! They're so helpful, friendly and immaculately dressed. The female staff are are so elegant in their saris!
The hotel lobby looks like a work of art. The rooms are slightly outdated but in the theme of the rest of the hotel so I guess that's forgiven.
Rooms are very clean and comfortable.
I would stay there again if I could !

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment on trip Advisor.
I am extremely delighted to learn about your overall experience with us and your comments were duly shared with the team.
This is how we keep ourselves motivated and move forward with a pledge to exceed our guests expectation.
Thank you for your patronage.

Thanks and regards
Ahus, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Friendly staff but stiff rules : eg you pay 18 dollars per device you use on wireless internet. Expensive restaurant with average food and good but not super good breakfast. Rooms are small but ok and pool area ok but nothing extra.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I thank you for you comment on your recent dining experience with us. I understand that you were not fully satisfied with the spread. The same has been duly discussed with the entire culinary and service team. Your comments shall only help us to take necessary steps to ensure we are able to exceed expectation of all our patrons. With reference to your insights about the charges of wifi I would like to inform you that we do have room packages where wifi is included Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Munassir warisi Khan
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The location of this hotel was good and convenient. Staff were very helpful. It was very convenient to have a pastry shop in the Lobby for purchasing presents. Restaurant food was good but not outstanding.

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We are extremely delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our deliverables. Its an honor for us and try to be consistent. We also thank you for your comment on staff
Please do visit us soon and should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It felt like a budget travelodge, bedding was well worn, but had a "homely" feeling to the soft cotten sheets, but I prefer the crisp new feeling from a hotel bed. Rooms were small....Rolls Royce out the front, cheesy gold leaf lobby....but the money stops there...It felt like a budget hotel chain hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel The Royal Plaza? Share your experiences!