“Good budget hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #291 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Bangalore
“Good budget hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Location is a prime factor for this hotel. Room was clean and comfortable though a bit smaller than I had expected. My room was on ground floor and so a bit noisy. Food was average. Service time was good and prompt. Checkout quick.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a week back. VA remains my favorite hotel in New Delhi since it is centrally located. The rooms are reasonably new, though small in size than what I would have preferred with minimal moving space. LCDs, 12inch mattresses, mood-lighting, the works. nice. The bathroom is huge and clean. Room service is quick and efficient. Breakfast options are very minimal (for Vegetarians) and they don't serve a buffet if the overall occupancy is low; would rather offer you whatever you want... One of the best options for Business Travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for King size beds.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Velvet Apple exceeded my expectations in providing the services... they were over-helpful. We were their just for a night on our way to the Golden triangle... they gave us breakfast as per our choice early in the morning @ 4am... the rooms were very cosy & comfortable.

The Front desk helped us by printing our tickets @ no extra cost too...cheers to velvet apple - very well located close to the nehru place metro station gave another advantage to step out & experience delhi...

Room Tip: Best Rooms in the price they offer
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Itu, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We booked there based on website which was fantastic.
But reality is quite different. Hotel is old and maintenance is according to "indian standards" meaning Air Conditioning very noisy and loud, big rooms but small bathroom and of course cleaning is not the strongest point in low cost hotels around India.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

When I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Delhi as I was going there with my daughter with NIFT admission, my friend suggested Ginger Hotel. However, due to my bad experience at Chennai Ginger Hotel, I avoided Ginger this time. My travel agent suggested Velvet Apple in view of its proximity to NIFT and value for money. We had comfortable stay in the hotel and I would like to share good and things that could be better also. Though its location is not central, it is located in the main road. So one cannot complain about moving around. Reception and other staffs were extremely courteous and polite. Rooms were neat and clean. Like many people commented I too agree that the pillows are so soft and give you a comfortable sleep. Split AC was working very well in that hot weather when we visited. Though the bathrooms were looking neat, occasionally there were stinking smell from drainage but it was not troubling so much to complain but slowly it would be a problem in future. Hot water was available 24hours. We were in the ground floor using a twin room and the room was dark and not airy as it had only a very small window that faces to a narrow opening of back side of bathrooms. When I checked at the reception for a better room with air and light they have politely mentioned that all twin rooms are of this type. So I had to satisfy with that.

Buffet breakfast served in the basement at coffee shop was not that great but do not invite a complaint. However, the coffee shop could have made little more superior than its present look.

Good flat screen TV with many channels with good clarity. Though the WIFI is free you need to pay for internet connectivity. Overall it is good value for money and anyone looking for reasonably priced rooms I would certainly recommend Velvet Apple.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Perth Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This hotel is situated in a weird location being in a residential area of Delhi but yet so close to M and N block markets (quite expenisive, actual shops such as adidas, reebok e.t.c) aswell as Saket Mall (largest mall in Delhi, 10 minute auto ride) and Lajpatnagar, a very good market to get clothes and other goods. When getting to the hotel ask for M Block market in GK1 and the hotel should be straight ahead from there, don't bother asking around for E-82 as no one knows where it is as we found out after an hour of searching! We stayed at the velvet apple for 3 nights, staying in 2 rooms with a king bed and extra bed in each, which were large, comfortable and modern. Our room was facing towards the road and No noise from the road could be heard from inside the room. Breakfast I must say was quite average, not containing a whole lot of variety but it was still sufficient enough to fill you up till lunchtime. As said before overall a decent stay for a good price

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We stayed here for one night on transit to Jaipur. The location is a bit far from the city center, however as we were traveling south of Delhi this spot was very handy and its a short rickshaw ride to the Lotus Temple. The bed was soft and comfortable with clean sheets and lots of pillows and the bathroom was very clean and spacious. We were located at the front of the hotel, the noise level was not too bad, however we did hear staff moving down the hall way on a few occasions during the night. The staff assisted us when we approached them, however they were not very proactive in approaching us. One thing I will mention though, I happened to leave my shoes at the hotel, when I gave them a call they were more than happy to look after them for 3 weeks until I returned to Delhi, I was very happy with this and picked them up easily on my way home. Overall satisfactory for a short stay in Delhi.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
VAExperience, Owner at Velvet Apple Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Greetings from Velvet Apple Hotels.

I really appreciate you taking out time to reveiw Velvet Apple Hotel. I am so glad to note that your stay was comfortable and that our staff was able to provide service to your satisfation.
I being hotelier, for long, understand the importance of high level of service and to constantly enhance the same, with the help of reviews from guests like yourself. Taking cue from your review regarding little noise factor, we have laid carpets in the hallways. Though we were aware, but your review gave us confidence to implement the same right away. Thank you. Yes the location of Hotel is in South Delhi. It is very close to many business districts and new shopping malls. Though Central Delhi is only 6-7 Km, but considering Delhi traffic in Peak hours, can be crazy. However, the Metro Station is just walking distance from the Hotel, which has direct connection to Central Delhi and takes only 10min.

I really look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Velvet Apple and request you to take out time for Dinner out of your schedule. It will be a pleasure meeting you.

Thank you once again.

Regards
Sangeet Seth
CEO

Been to Velvet Apple Hotel? Share your experiences!