“Friendly & Helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #312 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai
“Friendly & Helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Velvet Apple exceeded my expectations in providing the services... they were over-helpful. We were their just for a night on our way to the Golden triangle... they gave us breakfast as per our choice early in the morning @ 4am... the rooms were very cosy & comfortable.

The Front desk helped us by printing our tickets @ no extra cost too...cheers to velvet apple - very well located close to the nehru place metro station gave another advantage to step out & experience delhi...

Room Tip: Best Rooms in the price they offer
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Itu, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We booked there based on website which was fantastic.
But reality is quite different. Hotel is old and maintenance is according to "indian standards" meaning Air Conditioning very noisy and loud, big rooms but small bathroom and of course cleaning is not the strongest point in low cost hotels around India.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

When I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Delhi as I was going there with my daughter with NIFT admission, my friend suggested Ginger Hotel. However, due to my bad experience at Chennai Ginger Hotel, I avoided Ginger this time. My travel agent suggested Velvet Apple in view of its proximity to NIFT and value for money. We had comfortable stay in the hotel and I would like to share good and things that could be better also. Though its location is not central, it is located in the main road. So one cannot complain about moving around. Reception and other staffs were extremely courteous and polite. Rooms were neat and clean. Like many people commented I too agree that the pillows are so soft and give you a comfortable sleep. Split AC was working very well in that hot weather when we visited. Though the bathrooms were looking neat, occasionally there were stinking smell from drainage but it was not troubling so much to complain but slowly it would be a problem in future. Hot water was available 24hours. We were in the ground floor using a twin room and the room was dark and not airy as it had only a very small window that faces to a narrow opening of back side of bathrooms. When I checked at the reception for a better room with air and light they have politely mentioned that all twin rooms are of this type. So I had to satisfy with that.

Buffet breakfast served in the basement at coffee shop was not that great but do not invite a complaint. However, the coffee shop could have made little more superior than its present look.

Good flat screen TV with many channels with good clarity. Though the WIFI is free you need to pay for internet connectivity. Overall it is good value for money and anyone looking for reasonably priced rooms I would certainly recommend Velvet Apple.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Perth Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This hotel is situated in a weird location being in a residential area of Delhi but yet so close to M and N block markets (quite expenisive, actual shops such as adidas, reebok e.t.c) aswell as Saket Mall (largest mall in Delhi, 10 minute auto ride) and Lajpatnagar, a very good market to get clothes and other goods. When getting to the hotel ask for M Block market in GK1 and the hotel should be straight ahead from there, don't bother asking around for E-82 as no one knows where it is as we found out after an hour of searching! We stayed at the velvet apple for 3 nights, staying in 2 rooms with a king bed and extra bed in each, which were large, comfortable and modern. Our room was facing towards the road and No noise from the road could be heard from inside the room. Breakfast I must say was quite average, not containing a whole lot of variety but it was still sufficient enough to fill you up till lunchtime. As said before overall a decent stay for a good price

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We stayed here for one night on transit to Jaipur. The location is a bit far from the city center, however as we were traveling south of Delhi this spot was very handy and its a short rickshaw ride to the Lotus Temple. The bed was soft and comfortable with clean sheets and lots of pillows and the bathroom was very clean and spacious. We were located at the front of the hotel, the noise level was not too bad, however we did hear staff moving down the hall way on a few occasions during the night. The staff assisted us when we approached them, however they were not very proactive in approaching us. One thing I will mention though, I happened to leave my shoes at the hotel, when I gave them a call they were more than happy to look after them for 3 weeks until I returned to Delhi, I was very happy with this and picked them up easily on my way home. Overall satisfactory for a short stay in Delhi.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
VAExperience, Owner at Velvet Apple Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Greetings from Velvet Apple Hotels.

I really appreciate you taking out time to reveiw Velvet Apple Hotel. I am so glad to note that your stay was comfortable and that our staff was able to provide service to your satisfation.
I being hotelier, for long, understand the importance of high level of service and to constantly enhance the same, with the help of reviews from guests like yourself. Taking cue from your review regarding little noise factor, we have laid carpets in the hallways. Though we were aware, but your review gave us confidence to implement the same right away. Thank you. Yes the location of Hotel is in South Delhi. It is very close to many business districts and new shopping malls. Though Central Delhi is only 6-7 Km, but considering Delhi traffic in Peak hours, can be crazy. However, the Metro Station is just walking distance from the Hotel, which has direct connection to Central Delhi and takes only 10min.

I really look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Velvet Apple and request you to take out time for Dinner out of your schedule. It will be a pleasure meeting you.

Thank you once again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Thanks for a wonderful stay. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff and hotel facilties were of high quality. I would highly reccomend the establishment. On my next visit to India I will definitly be stopping by again. Velvet Apple was like our home away from home.

• Stayed December 2010
VAExperience, Owner at Velvet Apple Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thank you for taking out time to review Velvet Apple Hotel.

I am really glad to note, that you had a pleasurable stay. That our staff and product was upto your expectations. Our guest reviews, help us to re-engineer ourselves and re-invent ways to strive for higher customer satisfaction.

We at Velvet Apple, really look forward to welcoming you once again on your next visit. Please do let us know about your upcoming visit, helping us to organise a special dinner for you and your accompanied guest, from the compliments of the hotel.

Velvet Apple Hotels
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Well, this was my first trip to India, and coming into this hotel at night was not the most comforting, but then again it was my first time to India, and on the flip side, to my surprise, it's actually a very sought after area. Don't let the facades fool you.

Had a nice room upstairs, high ceilings, modern bathrooms and FREE WIFI!!! That is HUGE when travelling abroad! I stayed at the ITC in Agra and you had to buy a package. Screw that. The food also sucked there too and was super expensive.

Hotel was quiet, breakfasts were very tasty and my mother and I had the best mutter paneer we've ever eaten here. It was so good. There was really no reason for us to eat outside of the hotel as it was delicious and inexpensive. This place was recommended by an Indian friend of ours. It did not come up readily in our own searches.

I also left behind some clothes I didn't want, and they maid came rushing out with them as we were pulling away. I told him I didn't need them. I'm now sort of missing Delhi as I write this...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking out time to write a review. I am really really glad to read that you had a wonderful stay at Velvet Apple Hotel.

It is great to note that we were able to impress you not only in terms of our product and services, but also in terms of quality. Now that you have mentioned so highly, I will also try mutter paneer from our kitchen, trust me I have never had it. Since, you have liked this dish so much, I assure you that on your next visit, our chef will be happy to offer you same dish with his compliments. We believed, that our kitchen food was good, but your compliments has re-instated our confidence on the same.

I am a regular traveller myself and do realise the importance of a good high speed WiFi. I am glad you appreciated this too.

We at Velvet Apple are honoured that you considered our product, services and quality, better than a five star international brand hotel.

All in all, me and my teams are thankful to you for supporting us and motivate us too strive for even higher customer stisfaction standards.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your friends, once agian to Velvet Apple Hotel.

Velvet Apple Hotels
GK1
New Delhi

Been to Velvet Apple Hotel? Share your experiences!