“Rude staff; dirty sheets” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites

You added Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites to your Saves list
Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A-3, District Centre, Select Citywalk | Saket, New Delhi 110017, India   |
Ranked #147 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Chicago, Illinois
“Rude staff; dirty sheets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I am an American who recently spent 2 weeks in India. I stayed in about 7 hotels over this time and was very please with all the hotels except this one. Where do I start...first of all, the front desk staff is incredibly rude and unhelpfu. My crew arrived after midnight, after a 10+ hour drive and all we wanted was to get our room keys and go to sleep. The front desk people told us that although we had reserved our room on a credit card, and although we were previously told we had been charged, that they would need the card again - but would offer us the reason for this or show us that, in fact, we had not yet been charged. Additionally, unlike every other hotel we stayed at, they demanded our passports before allowing us to check out the rooms. So...then we finally get to our rooms. I had a suite - two bed rooms and a kitchen area. The rooms were FREEZING! So, we turned the A/C off and left to grab something to eat. Upon returning, the rooms were just as freezing cold and there were multiple large crickets on the drapes...the odd thing: no windows were open. So, we called the front desk to ask to be moved due to the temperature problem and the bugs...what do they do? They send up two staff people (poor guys) with a can of bug spray and a man with a ladder to start working on the A/C. Mind you, it's past 1AM at this point and all anyone wants is to go to bed. So, we call the front desk again. This time, they send up someone who brings us to a new room. Well, although all these rooms like nice at first glance, it's very obvious that people live in them for extended periods of time - they just look worn out. I take a look at my bed and guess what? There are multiple stains on the sheets. SO GROSS. At this point, I'm so exhausted and sick of dealing with this place that I just slept in my clothes, on top of the comforter and used one of the decorative pillows as the others looked dirty. The icing on the cake: the internet. For some reason, the 30 minute internet option (which was about 3x as much as any of the hotels I'd stayed at in India) was unavailable - this meant that you had to buy the 1 hour package - which, again, was about 3x as much as any other place in India. Upon checking out of the hotel, we made the morning front desk staff aware of the many issues we'd incurred. Guess what their response was? Yep, nothing. They didn't care. They didn't offer to comp anything...they DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE! The other thing - while this place is located amongst a handful of shops, restaurants and a nice mall, the streets surrounding it are completely a mess and under construction. Do Not stay here. This place gave me the creeps and you can find way more for your money - as it's definitely not a bargain. Oh - also - there were many loud guests at this hotel, too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The rooms are nice & big. I was impressed by the cleanliness in the rooms & the living area. But the impression did not last long.
I had booked a king size double bed 2 weeks before my stay. I had even reconfirmed this & that I would be given a good view facing the mall entrance & the gardens. When I checked in I was given a twin bed facing the back of a dirty building. When I informed that this was not what I wanted, the front desk manager simply said we do not entertain requests like these. Whatever is available we give only that room regardless of what you have booked. I had even told them that I have a back problem due to which the separated beds do not suit me. The response was everything but polite.
However after grueling for more than 2 hours, the next day they shifted us to a double bedroom.

But my horrifying experience did not end there. Upon checkout, they overcharged our mini bar bill showing use of Bar food, when we had no food. Also they charged us for a wine bottle which we had just put in the fridge from outside but had not even opened it. Just by putting a bottle in the fridge, we were charged an enormous amount for the wine we never even opened !
Upon haggling with front desk again, they did not help & out of frustration & in a hurry to get out, I just paid the amount & left.

Not 4 star service at all. Be ware of the mini bar consumption as they will charge you for no reason. Money making machines.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I stayed here with my partner, the hotel is in one of the 3 adjoining shopping malls in Saket, New Delhi. So there are endless options to shop and dine around this Hotel. I would not call this a 5 star or a 4 star hotel as it does not have a Big lobby/Porch or a valet car park. and there isnt a variety of eating outlets but just 1. However if you like to have a lot of space with perfect ambience then the suites here are just superb. This hotel has all suites which are full of amenities and hi end utility fittings. There is also a kitchenette which is very usefull if you enjoy cooking as there is a big grocery store in the mall where the hotel is located. The reception staff and others are helpful but I would not say that they are of 5 star standards. As there is no valet parking or a private covered parking lot, I did have problems parking my car. To conclude this hotels like a boutique property gives u great privacy and huge space for yourself and your Friends/partners. However the lobby and dining areas are'nt very impressive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

The hotel is located within a hugh mall with all its advantages staying close to shopping; but becomes boring for long stay guest.
Apparment consists of two major rooms, each room equiped with flat tv, a small well equiped kitchen area, hugh bath room, all rooms are aircond., no carpet (creat!!) and all necessary details for short and / or middle term stay.

Distance to airport is o.k., make sure that shuttle service has been arranged.

Hard Rock Cafe in short distance is different to your expectations!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Svelte offers great value for money with its spacious residence units, excellent location over the Select City Walk mall, courteous staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Spacious, clean, easy excess Friendly service. excellent location

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Very large, modern rooms, with air conditioning and a television. Food was excellent with a continental breakfast being available. Good location, with shopping malls and restaurants being nearby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites? Share your experiences!