“Megha Good Homestay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Lawrence, Kansas
“Megha Good Homestay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my 3rd extended stay at Megha Homestay in the last 3 years. For me, there is no other choice when visiting Delhi; I have stopped bothering to look. If you, too, are looking for the experience of immersion in Indian culture, beyond what is available in a cookie cutter hotel chain environment, Megha Homestay is a sparkling gem of opportunity awaiting you. Located in a safe, upscale, gated neighborhood, the property overlooks a fantastic central park, where locals and guests alike enjoy walking, jogging, meditation, or curling up on a bench with a good book. Should you prefer not to engage the reasonably priced car service offered, the property is an easy 5 min. walk to local bound rickshaws, distance bound auto rickshaws, and a convenient metro station is directly across the street from these. Take your pick. I should note I have had highly satisfactory experiences with the property's drivers. Perhaps best of all is the stunning degree of hospitality, excellent food, and above and beyond service and attentiveness I have consistently experienced on the part of the proprietor, Aman, his family, and staff, top to bottom. Don't debate another minute. Book your accommodations, and enjoy your experience in India beyond what you would normally take away as a tourist. You won't be sorry you stayed here.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed from the 7th till the 13th November and I can just congratulate Aman and his family/team on their service. Since I just stayed a short time I wanted to see as much as possible and asked Aman if he could help me organise this. He did- everything was perfect: from getting picked up at the airport, to the warm welcome and the clean and comfortable rooms. Aman made me a list of what to see when and got me a driver. Ram my driver was very patient with me and showed me the beauty of India. At the last day my flight left very late but Aman said I could stay in my room as long as needed- with no surcharge- where else do you find this nowadays. A great stay all around. Thanks again to everyone there! Diana

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

First of all "Megha Homestay" must feature in the list of homestays and not hotels. Secondly, all negative reviews about this place seem like baseless to me after a wonderful two day stay on 19 and 20 October 2012. We were a family of 6 people, of which, four were Senior Citizens. We had booked 3 standard rooms and also the cab service from Megha Homestay on phone. Mr. Aman Malhotra, the owner gave me fabulous discount on the room rent and on arrival I was convinced we made the right choice.

Though we booked standard rooms, Aman was considerate enough to give gave us the Superior rooms as the standard rooms were on the upper floors and the my parents and parents-in-law were too tired to climb stairs. And that too at no extra cost. I was really touched by this hospitality.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The sheets, towels were fresh and the A/c worked well. Special mention to be made about the breakfast - we asked for Gobi Paranthas...and yes, the paranthas were the best we have ever tasted. My parents and parents-in-law are always weary about paranthas and prefer South Indian food for breakfast, but even they liked it to the extent that we all ended up saying..."Pet bhar gaya par dil nahin".

After our tour to Amritsar, Haridwar and Agra, we came back to Delhi on 26-Oct-12 and were booked in a different hotel near the airport. However, we were so happy with the cab service from Megha Homestay that we requested Aman to provide us with the cab to go around Delhi again. Special mention needs to be made about the driver Ram, who was so calm and cool and the knew the places well. Again we requested Aman to send us the Gobi Paranthas through Ram for lunch....the paranthas were so good that we preferred them to a lunch at another restaurant.

All in all excellent experience and I am sure we will stay in Megha Homestay during our next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Megha home stay at jangpura is the best place for your stay in New Delhi if it is tour first visit. Best part is the cab service provided by the hotel itself. Moreover the staff was very helpful and kind, the food was delicious. If I have to sum up.. I would say it was totally "Paisa Vasool"!!! must visit!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

After flying in. Aman had a driver sent to the airport for me so was very easy after a long flight. The room was much bigger than I expected and bathroom was also very nice with western toilet. Not in a very touristy area but that isn't such a problem. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Aman and his staff made our stay both very comfortable and memorable. His help was invaluable in organising such things as sim cards, sightseeing and giving us advise for the rest of our trip. The food was amazing and his support throughout our stay was really appreciated, such as being able to leave our packs here and seeing to transport for the train. For the first few nights in India it was great to stay somewhere clean, homely and where we felt safe.
Highly recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here in Megha Homestay from 29/9 to 30/9 with my family. Last year also I stayed here with my friend. As usual, stay was very comfortable and owner Mr Aman is very cool guy. Food served is really delicious and tasty. Location of the property is very central.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Megha Homestay? Share your experiences!