“Very happy!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 601 Hotels in New Delhi
Perth, Australia
“Very happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed from the 7th till the 13th November and I can just congratulate Aman and his family/team on their service. Since I just stayed a short time I wanted to see as much as possible and asked Aman if he could help me organise this. He did- everything was perfect: from getting picked up at the airport, to the warm welcome and the clean and comfortable rooms. Aman made me a list of what to see when and got me a driver. Ram my driver was very patient with me and showed me the beauty of India. At the last day my flight left very late but Aman said I could stay in my room as long as needed- with no surcharge- where else do you find this nowadays. A great stay all around. Thanks again to everyone there! Diana

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

First of all "Megha Homestay" must feature in the list of homestays and not hotels. Secondly, all negative reviews about this place seem like baseless to me after a wonderful two day stay on 19 and 20 October 2012. We were a family of 6 people, of which, four were Senior Citizens. We had booked 3 standard rooms and also the cab service from Megha Homestay on phone. Mr. Aman Malhotra, the owner gave me fabulous discount on the room rent and on arrival I was convinced we made the right choice.

Though we booked standard rooms, Aman was considerate enough to give gave us the Superior rooms as the standard rooms were on the upper floors and the my parents and parents-in-law were too tired to climb stairs. And that too at no extra cost. I was really touched by this hospitality.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The sheets, towels were fresh and the A/c worked well. Special mention to be made about the breakfast - we asked for Gobi Paranthas...and yes, the paranthas were the best we have ever tasted. My parents and parents-in-law are always weary about paranthas and prefer South Indian food for breakfast, but even they liked it to the extent that we all ended up saying..."Pet bhar gaya par dil nahin".

After our tour to Amritsar, Haridwar and Agra, we came back to Delhi on 26-Oct-12 and were booked in a different hotel near the airport. However, we were so happy with the cab service from Megha Homestay that we requested Aman to provide us with the cab to go around Delhi again. Special mention needs to be made about the driver Ram, who was so calm and cool and the knew the places well. Again we requested Aman to send us the Gobi Paranthas through Ram for lunch....the paranthas were so good that we preferred them to a lunch at another restaurant.

All in all excellent experience and I am sure we will stay in Megha Homestay during our next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Megha home stay at jangpura is the best place for your stay in New Delhi if it is tour first visit. Best part is the cab service provided by the hotel itself. Moreover the staff was very helpful and kind, the food was delicious. If I have to sum up.. I would say it was totally "Paisa Vasool"!!! must visit!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

After flying in. Aman had a driver sent to the airport for me so was very easy after a long flight. The room was much bigger than I expected and bathroom was also very nice with western toilet. Not in a very touristy area but that isn't such a problem. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Aman and his staff made our stay both very comfortable and memorable. His help was invaluable in organising such things as sim cards, sightseeing and giving us advise for the rest of our trip. The food was amazing and his support throughout our stay was really appreciated, such as being able to leave our packs here and seeing to transport for the train. For the first few nights in India it was great to stay somewhere clean, homely and where we felt safe.
Highly recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here in Megha Homestay from 29/9 to 30/9 with my family. Last year also I stayed here with my friend. As usual, stay was very comfortable and owner Mr Aman is very cool guy. Food served is really delicious and tasty. Location of the property is very central.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kinsale, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was the first place we stayed upon arrival in India. The bedroom was both clean and private, overall quite comfortable. You can expect the unique Indian fixtures in the bathroom but this is a great place to get comfortable with the new environment as the owner clearly takes pride in maintaining the building. The staff and owner were all very nice and the breakfasts were decent.

Being our first time in India my wife and I both had our guard up but we felt quite comfortable as soon as we arrived at Megha Homestay. If we come back to New Delhi (keeping fingers crossed) we'll definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Megha Homestay? Share your experiences!