“A street Corner Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amar Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Amar Inn Hotel
K 102 Lajpat Nagar- II, New Delhi 110024, India   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #416 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Hyderabad, India
“A street Corner Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Very Small hotel located in the heart of Lajpat Nagar (Near Central Market), reachable to everywhere in Delhi everytime. Rooms are OK type, no resturant, room Service possible. Good for a small time traveller who needs to stay at central places. 20 km from Airport, 5 km from Nizamudin Rly. Stn, 25 mtr. from Ring Road and 1 km from Metro Stn., location is the value for money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

The Amar Inn is an okay hotel in South Delhi. The room I had was clean although the bathroom was - typical for Indian hotels in this category - fairly outdated and a bit run-down. I originally planned to stay for 4 weeks as I was on a business trip and they first gave me a room without a window which was a bit thoughtless by them. After I asked for another room, I was given one. The room service is quick and friendly and the food is good. Breakfast is served in the room and Wifi is working well. The only thing that really bothered me was the awfully hard mattress. I woke up with an aching back every day but that's also a matter of what you're used to. After three days I moved out as my company found me another place but all in all the Amar Inn is alright. Just expect quite basic and clean rooms, nothing more. For tourists the location is not too good as a trip to the city centre, e.g. Connaught Place, takes approx. 20 to 30 minutes by autorickshaw depending on the traffic.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We are just back from staying at the Amar Inn Hotel in New Delhi. For a basic hotel, it surpassed expectations as to service and room quality. I agree with the earlier review that the vegetarian restaurant across the street was good and inexpensive, but the chef at the Amar Inn was excellent also (albeit a little more expensive). The Amar Inn is right in the centre of Lajpat Nagar and close to the central market and soon to be close to the new metro system. We also had an excellent driver arranged by the Amar Inn for excursions. We stayed in the suite so cannot comment on the other rooms but other guests seemed to be happy with them as they told us that they returned to this hotel every time in New Delhi. So will we.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

i stayed at this hotel for a night with girlfriend and found this was just ok hotel to fulfil the need and decently priced located in the heart of lajpat nagar. This is basically a budget hotel and had all eateries in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2010
Bangalore, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I checked in to this hotel for a night stay in Delhi, as I had to attend a wedding. The hotel is the first hotel from the ring road, so I spotted this. This looked like a unrated hotel ( I may be wrong), so I started bargaining for the day rate. Bingo !! I quickly got a deal I paid a price of Rs 1800/- all inclusive when the published rate was Rs 2245/-.

Hotel only 2-3 rooms available, so I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor. The Hotel has 3 floors, but does not have a lift. . So it was tiring climb. My phone was completely discharged, so I requested if they have a charger for the phone. The staff was happy to lend me a charger for the stay

The room was clean, but did not look bright and shiny like a new hotel room. Bathrooms was also clean, but bathroom fittings doesn't look appealing.

Air conditioning in the room was strong, and I had a good sleep. I checked out next Day around 2 PM. Wifi is free and internet speed was good
On an overall I would say a good hotel for the price you pay

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

Good hotel , Ideal for business trips . In heat of city . 30 min drive from airport , Well furnished room .Lot of places around to eat and shop.

Ideal for couple or family stay .

Hotel offer complementary break fast. and taxi services.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — facility
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

This 'average' hotel is well located (close to the central market) and has great internet services. The vegetarian restaurant across the street is great! We were disappointed by the billing process: we were charged an extra "10% service" charge and taxes - no breakfast was included, either. None of these charges appeared at any other hotel during our trip to India. From then on (this was our first hotel experience in India), we always confirmed the final price that included breakfast, service charges and taxes.

• Liked — Internet
  • Disliked — Extra charges
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Amar Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!