“Beware Do Not Stay At This Hotel.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blessings

Hotel Blessings
You added Hotel Blessings to your Saves list
Hotel Blessings
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5202-5206, Basant Rd, Connaught Place, New Delhi 110055, India (Pahar Ganj)   |
Ranked #189 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beware Do Not Stay At This Hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Save your money and spend a little more to upgrade to a nicer hotel. We were supposed to stay at this hotel for two nights, but after seeing the location, lack of hot water, and filth of the room we got out the first night. Our travel company Travelogy put us in this hotel and promised it was a 3 star hotel. It was a lie, this place couldn't of been a half a star. Do not stay here. The outside is not safe, nor is the inside. The staff is not kind nor trustworthy. If you can rough it, good luck. Don't say you weren't warned!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This place is generally pretty clean. I only saw one small bug. The door seemed a little bit loose too, but there is a lock and a bolt so that should be fine. One main complaint is that the blanket is a large thick fleece blanket that doesn't feel clean. I would suggest using your sleeping bag if you have it. It is close to a big bazaar, which is a hotspot for backpackers, where you can find restaurants and many other things. We only stayed one night and did not encounter any "service boys," and did not order any food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel has the benefit of being very close to the paharganj entrance of New Delhi railway station, and we did stay here for a few nights, but looking back now we would have moved to another hotel. We stayed here on our first new nights of arriving in India and felt that the "service boys" were very annoying, and kept pestering for money. They would even just walk into your room without knocking and bring you things and then hang around for you to pay them. The only other thing we didn't like was that there wasn't a bolt (which every other hotel we went to for the duration of our stay in India did have) so we were always on edge about leaving things in the room and also slept with alot under our pillows and on our person. Not to say anything would have happened, but it was just nice having the reassurance of a bolt which you could lock from the inside. On the whole though, not a bad stay, the room service was okay, just make sure you ask for a reciept when getting your bill at the end of your stay as they tried to add on a good few hundred rupees to our bill. Rooms weren't too bad, quite clean, the bathrooms could do with a bit of a scrub though. TAKE EARPLUGS TOO!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street can be very noisy so ask for one not overlooking it if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed here twice. The first back in February 2008 and the second time in November 2011. The rooms were alright, but not great. Not of the hotels fault, but both times I've stayed here my window faced the streets, and sometimes it gets loud with wedding processions and what not. The bathrooms are adequate but sometimes they shut off the hot water in the night and you have to call up to tell them to turn it on. I guess I was stuck with one of the worse rooms, but if you do stay, ask to see the rooms before you commit. I have seen some good rooms in here that were taken during my stay.
I did come across cockroaches but I guess being in Paharganj it's the norm. I probably will stay here for my next visit as I'm familiar with the place. Most of the staff are polite, but some of the managers seemed to be a bit arrogant and not very helpful when asking about places to eat and shopping.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Siem Reap, Cambodia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Hotel is ok, well located neat to train station, which makes it handy, installations of the rooms are also ok...bed ok...air conditionar old machine, but it worked...room service ok...they do not have a place to have breakfast, it must be in the room

Room Tip: my room was on the third floor and it was ok..they do have an elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel during my 5 day visit to New Delhi, The Hotel is 5 minutes walk to the Railway Station and 15 from Connaught Place. Staff is very friendly and polite, The room was adequate for the price and location.The wifi and tv worked fine but I wished it had a metro station nearby and a Restaurant (they only offer room service, not very good food).If you want your room cleaned ask the employees otherwise they will not do it.
BEWARE I advice you to get away from the TRAVEL AGENT from DELHI TOURS that sells tours and train tickets at the Hotel. He sold me train tickets worth 2000 rps if bought at the train station for 9000 rupees, and a tour to Agra for 1500rp while everybody else on the tour had paid 500rp. He will lie through his teeth and make promises. He said they will pick me up at the hotel with ac bus, instead they made me walk for 15 minutes through the bazaar to a street I had never seen and made me wait for an hour for a collective bus with indian tourists. No ac, No english spoken by anyone, I was never told the tour goes to worship hindu temples at 10 pm and doesnt get back to New Delhi but at 3.00 am in the morning. Dropping you off at the same pick up place in a remote street next to the bazaar far from the hotel. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE, they will rip you off. I rate it TERRIBLE due to this travel agent, the Hotel would get an AVERAGE to GOOD rate

Room Tip: BEWARE I advice you to get away from the TRAVEL AGENT from DELHI TOURS that sells tours and train ti...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Believe the previous reviews, this hotel is bland, not perfectly clean, and situated in a dodgy street of delhi. But the rooms are spacious, quite clean actually for indian standards (i have stayed in dirtier hotels more expensive), with all amenities and helpful staff, that too for a reasonably cheap price, which can be bargained during low season.
The nice thing about this hotel, considering it is a budget hotel, is the good room service. You can order anything, particularly the breakfast just when you get up, for a really low price. That's a real plus, I found. And also the taxi/rickshaw drivers usually know the area well (or at least the NDRS landmark) so no hassle to locate the place. Last, the bed in our room (108) was fine, not too soft; not too hard. But the AC was a little too loud. We slept with the fan on instead, which was ok even in the hot nights of May.
So I would definitely recommend this hotel for people looking for a cheap place to stay in delhi while not compromising too much on cleanliness and comfort.
But of course if you are looking for a 5 star, look again.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows, such as 109. Make sure you ask. Also, other rooms have a window...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Blessings? Share your experiences!