We had spent more than two weeks in India and Nepal, staying in budget hotels, some of them quite unpleasant. We wanted to end our trip pleasantly spending the last 2 nights in a fancy hotel, in a bit higher price range.
Godwin Deluxe is not too expencive for a North European income level, only about 40 euros/night. The lobby was very clean and cozy, the staff was friendly and professional and spoke fluent English, elevator was modern and our room was clean and very pleasant. The shower had as much hot water as we needed, WiFi worked all the time, breakfast was diverse and good.
Only a couple of minuses:
- Bathroom's sink was broken. Floor got wet washing hands or teeth. They should fix it.
- Someone from the staff called in our room's phone to promote the hotel's restaurant. We had heard about the amenities of Godwin already, and at this point it began to feel like pushing.
- We asked the reception if could order an airport taxi. It would have cost 600 rupies. We told that's a bit too much - our previous airport taxi from airport to Godwin cost less than 400. The reception guy told that they are "yellow taxis", not as high-class cars as this hotel use. We told that the yellow cab is car enough for us and the price of Godwin's transport is just unneccessarily high. There seemed to be no chance to call a cheaper cab. The reception dude asked two more times: "Which time do you want the car?", not understanding our sentence: "The price is too high". So, we told him not to call a cab and ended up to order the airport taxi from elsewhere. The service was good overall, but in this case the hotel didn't pay attention to customer's needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally air-conditioned Hotel that provides round the clock service to its guests. The Hotel provides complimentary arrival transfer from the airport to hotel on conditional terms.All the rooms have climate control panel in the room. 24 hrs hot & cold running water is available in the bathroom. Every bathroom has a luxury shower. Complimentary buffet b/fast is served with every room. The Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city , within walking distance to the main train station, business centers and historical sites too like The Red Fort, Raj Ghat, India Gate and Presindent's House. The Hotel provides free left luggage service to all its guests . The roof top restaurant serves multicuisine menu 24 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Godwin Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.