“My best experience in Pahar Ganj so far” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Godwin Deluxe

Save Saved
You added Hotel Godwin Deluxe to your Saves list
Hotel Godwin Deluxe
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8501/15 Arakashan Road | Paharganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #97 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
Portland, Oregon
“My best experience in Pahar Ganj so far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

There are obviously saner places to stay in Delhi, but you'll pay for the right to do so. The Goodwin Deluxe is well located close to the train station with pretty nice rooms and a good restaurant on the roof. The rooms aren't terribly well maintained though, so your mileage may vary. Still, I would consider staying here again if I were to end up in Pahar Ganj.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean and modern hotel really close (10 mts walk) to the New Delhi railway station. The area is quite busy during business hours but get quiet past 11 PM, so dont plan on sleeping before then. The rooms are clean, modern and convenient. The restrooms and showers are great and among the best I have seen at this price point in India. Highly recommended for a short stay in Delhi.

Room Tip: higher is better (quiet) and away from the road if you can get one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed twice during our Indian adventure, at the beginning and end of the tri.
Rooms are modern, clean and the beds are so comfortable, unlike some of the planks of wood I felt like I had been sleeping on.
Food is average, as is the service. Showers, whilst looking great are not functional with their massage heads. Hard to control temperature to get a good warm shower.
Beyond this I would return, just for a comfortable sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel and higher up, level 2 or above to avoid the noise of araksh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We chose this hotel for its central location - it's just 10 mins by foot from New Delhi Railway Station. We had fairly low expectations about what it would be like. In fact, we were very pleasantly surprised. From the honking chaos of Arakashan Road, you step into organised peace and quiet. It's intended for people who are only staying a night or two - it's not organised for extended stays. Serious money has been spent on the hotel recently, so all mod cons are there, and in pristine condition. The rooftop restaurant is small but well staffed. The food is good. But for all that, it's India. If you wander about in the middle of the night, step carefully: lest you walk on the hotel staff, asleep on the floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here a year ago for more than two weeks..,everything is fine with room amanties and cleanliness..The breakfast is very poor!...But the worst part is that after leaving for check out. The guy from the reception is trying to charge us 30 dollars for the 5cm ripped of the curtain which in all the days that we are staying. We did not open the window cause it was winter and Arakashan road is a noisy area..We lost more than half an hour of our time arguing and explaining that It was not our fault. So stressful that we almost miss our flights!!...But due to my experience dealing with Indians I did not paid the money to fix the curtain...I have been travelling to India for so many years and stayed in different hotels. This type of tourist trap is quite new to me...So now a days before entering in any other hotel I always check If everything is properly fix.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Malibu, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

It's just so so. The trash in the toilet is not cleaned upon my arrival. Staff is not very friendly. No soap in the toilet. I use a sleeping bag but the bed sheets seem clean. There's an attractive lonely planet board outside the hotel. They charged me around 2300 in the enquiry email, however finally I found that its 2100 on Cleartrip. They also charged me 740for pickup at the airport, finally the prepaid taxi cost me only 300. The LP advertisement makes the hotel so arrogant. Not really recommend it considering the price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was not just accomodation but a home for my wife and me.We were treated with respect and love by the hotel management and every staff, be it the porter,cleaner or the kitchen staff.The reception desk was very accomodating in every aspect,whether we needed to exchange money or if we needed any information about anything.The entrance/exit doorman was always willing to have a tuk tuk or a cab ready for us every morning and at the price that the villagers would pay.I was astounded by the honesty and humality of all the hotel staff especially the room cleaners.Our highlight of the hotel, I would say was the food and beverages manager(Vipin) and his team.We did have a very long stay at this hotel,almost 2 weeks,so the menu did become a bit stale but all thanks to Vipin.He never failed to interest us with his cooking skills and many varieties of dishes.I will highly recommend this hotel group to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed for 1 week on the 1st floor and the other week on 3rd floor.I found no difference,both were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Godwin Deluxe? Share your experiences!